The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ron Wilson… Holdout? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
In the Richard Kaufman book “The Uncanny Scot,” there is a section that discuses Ron Wilson’s lap holdout. Has anyone used such a device? If so, what are your thoughts of it verses a Topit?
Thanks,
Bruce
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1534 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I've used one for vanishing small objects. If you try to vanish something like a glass, it's too heavy and weighs down the elastic.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I saw Ron lecture years ago and he explained the work on it. Seemed like a great idea....

Tom
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
In theory it looks simple enough…
When I get some time I will do some experimentation. I still have 2 other projects I must complete.
Thanks,
Bruce
Jeffrey Cowan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
135 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Cowan
Tim Star in Sweden has a similar device that he has used for decades and which he put out a few years ago. You could contact him through his web site (creationsbystar.com) for more information.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you read the Wilson material carefully, you will notice a reference to Okito. Take a look at his version first.

This type of device is only practical if you work seated. And it's not really a holdout in the traditional sense of the word. It's a servante.

John Cornelius worked with something like this for a while, but decided not to use it after a certain period of time, because it did not add anything appreciable to what he was doing.

I can't say more than that on an open forum.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1534 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I guess I missed the reference to Okito in there myself, Bill. I'm assuming that it's written up in detail somewhere?

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yes, it's in Okito on Magic.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Two guys at lunch today said they both use the Wilson setup and it kills. One guy uses his to vanisha glass of water. The other cuts the end off deck of cards case, puts card in... then stands up and tears up the case and cards are gone. If you know the device you know what is being done. If not... get the book.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ron Wilson… Holdout? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL