The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Secret Seminars of Magic with Patrick Page (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
chias
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of chias
Gentlemen, here are a few questions directed to those who own this product.

How long is this DVD?
How many "tricks" does it teach?
Are all the vanishes and other sleights-of-hand well-taught?
Do I have to buy a couple of sponge balls to go along with this DVD?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I don't know any answers to your questions. BUT ANYTHING BY PAT PAGE IS MORE THAN WORTH WHATEVER IT COSTS. He is one of the most brilliant and knowledgable magicians of our time.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
There are 5 different DVDs available in this series and all of them are excellent. Well worth getting.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
chias
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of chias
And I assume one of them is on spongeballs? That is the one I'm asking about, sorry if I confused anyone!
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Yes - the sponge ball DVD is great.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
chias
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of chias
Thank you for your answer - but I do have a few specific questions in my original post. If you have the DVD, can you please answer my questions if possible? Thanks!

Quote:
Gentlemen, here are a few questions directed to those who own this product.

How long is this DVD?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13387 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
It's obvious Patrick Page needs to smarten up. He needs to re-shoot the DVDs wearing black clothes, using black cards, and wearing sunglasses. Those babies would sell!

They're the best buy in DVDs.

Spongeballs. Great!
Thum***P. Great!
25 tricks and kids bits. Great!
Rope. Great!

They're all great. It's a shame all the kids buy all the $35 over-hyped DVDs done by other kids in sunglasses when they could get these DVDs by a master with actual experience.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
These are great dvds... here is a link which lists their contents and running times per dvd..
http://www.mymagic.com/dvd/dvd-page.htm

James
chias
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of chias
Thanks for sharing the page, I guess my questions are more or less answered now.
whitjm5
View Profile
Loyal user
of magic in Jacksonville, FL
222 Posts

Profile of whitjm5
Quote:
On 2008-06-05 09:11, Frank Starsini wrote:

They're all great. It's a shame all the kids buy all the $35 over-hyped DVDs done by other kids in sunglasses when they could get these DVDs by a master with actual experience.

I had to laugh when I read this because you're wearing sunglasses in your avatar! LOL.

;)

To the lot of the rest of you, thanks! Now I have ANOTHER set of DVDs to buy. Smile Magic = I'm broke.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I hear once Frank started wearing sunglasses his sales doubled!
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13387 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:

I had to laugh when I read this because you're wearing sunglasses in your avatar! LOL.
Me too Smile
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
whitjm5
View Profile
Loyal user
of magic in Jacksonville, FL
222 Posts

Profile of whitjm5
Quote:
On 2008-06-05 11:09, Frank Starsini wrote:
Quote:

Me too Smile

Glad you didn't take it as me being a smart***. I have the utmost respect for the veteran posters here and tongue in cheek and good humor are hard to convey via the internet. Smile
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
Quote:
On 2008-06-05 10:27, whitjm5 wrote:

To the lot of the rest of you, thanks! Now I have ANOTHER set of DVDs to buy. Smile Magic = I'm broke.

Then at least check out Frank's website.. He has them listed for a little cheaper than the link I posted with free shipping over $40..... The other site just had a more detailed description.....
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Quote:
On 2008-06-05 09:11, Frank Starsini wrote:
It's a shame all the kids buy all the $35 over-hyped DVDs done by other kids in sunglasses when they could get these DVDs by a master with actual experience.

some of them don't have sunglasses, they opt out for spiky hair and tattoos...

Seriously, there is so much to be said about that statement Frank, but you summed it up nicely. I'm only 24 but I started working in a magic shop when I was 14... I've watched the internet street underground instant gratification magic grow as I grew up and its lame... LAME Smile However, now I have to look more into this highly recommended dvd set... Thanks Pete! I gotta stop frequenting sites that are home to people I highly respect and value Smile

-DJ
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Now that there is a reasonable set of answers to the original post, I shall, in my best possible form, pontificate.

To me, the questions

Quote:
How long is this DVD?

are almost laughable. If the DVD were 10 minutes long and taught ONE trick, considering Patrick Page's material and teaching abilities, it would be well worth a price tag of, say $50.00. I've seen Pat's work at lectures and on other DVD's, and I know how simple, but effective his material is. However, to a beginner, who is apparently more interested in acquiring massive amounts of material, the question is understandable.

Quote:

is a much better question, if you aren't familiar with Patrick Page. "Sleights" would have been a more acceptable plural, BTW.

Quote:

tells me that we have a person who hasn't done much with sponge balls.

Why?

Even if you were supplied with the normal set of four sponge balls, the somewhat experienced magician (translation -- someone who has tried sponge balls more than once or twice) quickly learns that sponge balls are like wild animals kept in cages. The minute you let them out, some of them will run a way, never to return. Smile

So, when you purchase the DVD, and you order some sponge balls, get a dozen of them that are the same color. You will need them.

Also, order The Sponge Book from Magic, Inc. It has some really wonderful things and they are well taught. No matter how many DVD's there are, you will still find more material in books.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Pat Page has a KILLER routine with a deck of cards and a calendar book, titled "OLD MOORE'S DIARY" ... Dean Dill has been KILLING knowledgable magicians with it... and it is available EXCLUSIVELY (in the USA) from Dean. It is not on his website, but you can email him at intmiracle@deandill.com and buy it.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Please understand that my previous post was not intended as a put down, but more as a matter of trying to help chias to focus.

It's like comparing the Ammar Cups and Balls DVDs with another similar set that was put out by a different company. The lengths of the two sets are about the same. The quality of material on the Ammar DVDs is much better. This includes the routining, the logic, everything. Nowhere in the original post was there mention of routining.

Think about routining. That's what makes all the sleights and moves fit together and gives what you are doing with the sponge balls some meaning.

There is a routine in the book I mentioned that is short but to the point. It leaves the spectator with a gigantic sponge ball, and they will swear it grew to huge size in their hands, even though it did not.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
I'm young and still learning... but in my short time, I have found that routining is what makes slights, practice and gimmicks worth anything. I have been fooled many times by magicians in person, but the number of times I have been entertained I can count on one hand. Ammar's focus on routining is just as valuable as the methods taught. There are soooooo many boring cups and balls acts on youtube, many of which may have an amazing finale' but if I mentally checked out at the 800th mention of cups and balls in Egypt... then I'll never know.

-DJ
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Here are two MAJOR LESSONS.

1 - Don't get greedy with a principle.
2 - It isn't the tricks that make an act, it is the links between the tricks.

Who taught me this?

KEN BROOKE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Secret Seminars of Magic with Patrick Page (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL