The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Secret Seminars of Magic with Patrick Page (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
BINGO!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2008-06-05 15:06, Bill Palmer wrote:
BINGO!

Oh #$^@. I was one number off. All I needed was G-37.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
chias
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of chias
Bill, thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Even if you were supplied with the normal set of four sponge balls, the somewhat experienced magician (translation -- someone who has tried sponge balls more than once or twice) quickly learns that sponge balls are like wild animals kept in cages. The minute you let them out, some of them will run a way, never to return.

How so? I'm really curious about this.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Sponge balls have a tendency to get lost very easily, especially if you do any work in restaurants. They wind up under tables, etc. At home, they tend to wind up under your sofa.

I found that when doing a standard sponge ball routine, the spectators often get very excited and when the balls appear in their hands, they tend to jump a little. This makes the balls go everywhere!

For some reason, dogs find them very interesting, as well.

Once you have worked with the sponges for about six months, and you have a routine you like, then check out Burger's routine or Dr. Jaks' Multiball.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

chias
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of chias
Thanks Bill. Smile

I tend to practice in an open space, so losing sponge balls during practice doesn't seem quite probable.

However once I've more or less mastered sponge balls, there could be a real possibility of losing sponge balls during routines if what you say is indeed true! I've just put down a purchase of two more sets.

Only have fish currently as pets, and I'll certainly try to resist the urge to throw them into the aquarium! Smile
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
Sponge balls are like socks, there is no good reason why they go missing...but they will young jedi...they will.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
When I first started performing with sponges, I noticed that they dye jobs varied significantly from lot to lot. So I decided to "fix" that. I took all of my sponges, washed them carefully, rinsed them carefully, dried them, and dyed them a shade darker.

The result was that I had about a dozen and a half sponge balls with matching colors, the matching giant balls, a dirty sink, a dirty washing machine, and dye that came off on my hands!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Secret Seminars of Magic with Patrick Page (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL