The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kenton Knepper`s Time Machine and Touches DVD (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Hi guys,

has anybody received rthe dvd yet and would be able to post a review? The method is quite obvious on the demo video, however, I wonder how detailed the explanation is and if there is anything special about this dvd.

Regards

Stefan

http://www.pierrot.tobit.net
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Has anyone received this?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I have it but haven't watched it yet, likely this weekend.
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
MagicSanta,

I am really looking forward to your review.

Regards

Stefan

http://www.pierrot.tobit.net
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
I just watched a clip of Kenton on the tube doing this piece.
Liked what I saw.

Simple and very direct

John
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Is there any review available so far?

Cheers,
Jarod
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
Merlin C
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Merlin C
Jheff and Shane have both reviewed it on their sites.
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Who is Jheff and Shane?

Harry Houdini
Merlin C
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Merlin C
The one, the proprietor of marketplaceofthemind.com; the other, the author of excellent books including Pentalogy and the editor of online-visions.com.
Wayne Kawamoto
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Wayne Kawamoto
I evaluated this one and really liked it:
http://magic.about.com/od/magicreview/fr/070608knepper.htm

Ask away. I'll do my best to provide answers.

-Wayne
www.Magic.About.com - Magic News and Reviews
Author: "Picture Yourself As a Magician"
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Wayne,

thanks a lot for the link!

The talk about a cost of $50 for the "material" - can you get the stuff everywhere or is it from a magic shop?

Cheers,
Jarod

Harry Houdini
Wayne Kawamoto
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Wayne Kawamoto
Jarod:

<<The talk about a cost of $50 for the "material" - can you get the stuff everywhere or is it from a magic shop? >>

It's a dealer item.

-Wayne
www.Magic.About.com - Magic News and Reviews
Author: "Picture Yourself As a Magician"
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
OK has anyone else have this for further reviews and opinions of it
jaded
View Profile
New user
colorado springs
73 Posts

Profile of jaded
This is a great mental magic piece. This was first released in Wonder Words (the time machine portion). The name forgetting sequence (which is exactly what I purchased this for) was released in 7 Deceptions in more detail. Seeing it performed was nice. The touches piece was interesting, utilizing moves I think almost all magicians are aware of. So let's break everything down...

Time Machine can be a very powerful routine! Kenton has a very different performing persona than most. He is very amiable and not overly serious as others. Sometimes I find it kind of distracting, but it works for him. Either way, Kenton does something very well that many NEED to learn. He is very good at eliciting emotions. He takes people through a visualization process that if anyone studies and utilizes in their routines they will experience better responses. If you can make people have more of an attachment to a signed card in a magic effect, or more of their senses stimulated in a mentalism piece you will have a VERY profound experience on your spectator (I just gave away a very important secret in magic in those last statements). On this DVD you will get to watch exactly how Kenton does this. The routine takes the participant through a trance illusion (which Kenton is famous for). The payoff is that at the end of the effect their coin has changed to a different coin AND it has the date that they went to. Very cool effect!

The name forgetting sequence and touches are convincers to the routine. They can be done by themselves but I like the idea of them being used as convincers. I'll talk more about this in a moment.

So what do you learn exactly? He teaches you the methods behind the effect (which are very easy) but more importantly he teaches you powerful principles. You learn his thoughts behind trance illusion, linguistics, misdirection, indirection, and some dual reality (not everything is as in-depth as what he has talked about in other releases). In some regards this routine is bold, especially the touches and amnesia bits which almost play more as dual reality, but the effect overall is strong and easy to do. It's light on props and can play for a solid 10 minutes.

I recommend the DVD for sure! If you already own 7 Deceptions, Wonder Words, and any touches routine then you aren't getting anything new. But if you want to see how this plays or if you are new to Kenton's work then this is definitely worth picking up. I am glad I own the product.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Good review jaded, many thanks
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
I agree "takeachance" - jaded gave us such good informations!

Thanks alot!

Jarod

Harry Houdini
Ray Thompson
View Profile
New user
Des Moines, Iowa
60 Posts

Profile of Ray Thompson
Jarod, Jaded's review is a very good take on this DVD. I have been performing Time Machine ever since I found it in Wonder Words some ten years ago. Yes, you can learn and benefit so much in maturing your act by watching how Kenton elicits emotions.
In the interest of "full disclosure", I am very proud to say I am now a member of the SECRET School and am blessed to count Kenton as a friend and mentor.
Ray Thompson, the Mind Wizard
www.hypnosisandmore.com
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Thanks for the review jaded. Very informational.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Ray,

nice to read your addings in this thread! I don't have anything from Kenton Knepper in my repertoir. Maybe because I didn't purchase anything so far ;-)

But I'm more and more interested in his effects. I'm about to buy "Social Distortion" from Andrew Mayne to get more knowledge on Dual Reality Performances.

What I always do in my show is the Koran Medallion and it's a winner every time.

Cheers,
Jarod

Harry Houdini
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Because I mentioned Social Distortion, I like to comment shortly on it.
It is a great showpiece and can be addapted if the principle is understood. Easy to carry and with a certain amount of showmanship a real winner!

Harry Houdini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kenton Knepper`s Time Machine and Touches DVD (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL