The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Rather Newbie-ish Sponge Ball Routine Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Just a quick one from me, as I am sure it will be answered very quickly. I haven't had much experience with sponge balls at all ( I mostly deal with cards), but I would like to have a crack at them in the near future.

I can't remember where I saw this routine, but it really impressed me as it was highly visual. If someone could provide a reference, or some tips and ideas that would be excellent.

A magician hands the spectator one sponge ball to hold and wraps the spectators hand around it. He then asks them what is in their hand, to which they reply a sponge ball. The magi asks, how many? The spectator says one. The magi grins and asks them if they are sure... The spectator opens their hand and about 10 sponge balls jump out!

I already have an abstruse hypothesis on how this is achieved, but I would like to put it out there anyway for some input.

Cheers! Smile
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
qureyoon
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
260 Posts

Profile of qureyoon
Hi Chappo, you should try to ask over at the 'Ever So Sleightly'. It's the place where ballworkers chit chat Smile

I think that was one of many finale for any sponge ball routine Smile

Inside Magic 2 from Ellusionist has this routine if my memory served me right Smile

Also as a newbie, I myself found Jay Noblezada DVD on Sponge Ball quite helpful Smile

And again you should try to ask on the other thread above Smile
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Thanks qureyoon.

I had considered it, by concluded that the question isn't worthy of the thread. It really is a nooby questions, so I have decided to put it here in hope of a quick answer.

Thanks for your thoughts!

themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
PMed you

also look in Mark Wilson's "Complete Course" for the rest of the routine
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Fantastic! Thanks Mr. Apprentice!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Rather Newbie-ish Sponge Ball Routine Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL