The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Ultimate 3 Fly and Others Stolen...Please Read! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Scott Kahn
View Profile
Special user
Clayton, NC
775 Posts

Profile of Scott Kahn
Rannie:
Thanks for the offer. As we discussed privately, I am using a beat up Johnson expanded shell for now until I can get the funds to replace what was stolen. Don't worry. I promise I won't give up performing. No thief can take the passion and love I feel for our art. Thanks again.
Scott
Scott Kahn, M.D.

KAHNCEPTUAL CARD MAGIC: MORE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnceptual-card-magic/

KAHNJURING: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnjuring/

SWINDLES, SCAMS & KAHNS
https://kahnjuring.com/swindles-scams-kahns/
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2919 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Thieves are no fun at all, of course, but there's lots of nice people in here. Wish I had something to send you but a shell is the only coin-ish thing I own. But you're welcome to it.
I j
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Scott,

without gaffs, think of it as an opportunity to work on that hard core sleight of hand......lol
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
Wow, that really sucks...probably some little kid...one was on here recently swindling the he## out of Café members...
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
Scott,
I understand your loss and know it is both financial as well as sentimental and that stinks (acually I thought a different word but I can't use it here). However, look at what they didn’t (and can’t steal) , your ability to give enjoyment and wonder, your love of the art and the support of the magic community. How empty their life must be....

Sounds like you will be up and running in no time.

They can steal the stuff, can’t touch the magic.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3844 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Hey, maybe you will be a proctologist, and the guy who stole the stuff will come in for an exam. that's what I call, poetic justice.
First edition of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME, and the supplies of the reprint are dwindling fast! but don't despair, they are still around at dealers everywhere!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!! ORDER YOURS TODAY!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 00:03, Mad Doctor wrote:
Scott,
I understand your loss and know it is both financial as well as sentimental and that stinks (acually I thought a different word but I can't use it here). However, look at what they didn’t (and can’t steal) , your ability to give enjoyment and wonder, your love of the art and the support of the magic community. How empty their life must be....

Sounds like you will be up and running in no time.

They can steal the stuff, can’t touch the magic.

Well said!!!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It happens quite often. The type of people that atteneded conventions in the 1970's are not the all the same type of ones that attend today. It only takes a few bad ones.

I think "bait close-up bags" should be set up. The thief, when caught, should, well, have about $10,000 worth of dental work to keep him busy when he gets back home ( from when he slipped and fell ). Yes, he'll say he was trying to find the owner of the bag. Then the lesson will not be one of don't steal, but don't be stupid.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1523 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 00:18, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Hey, maybe you will be a proctologist, and the guy who stole the stuff will come in for an exam. that's what I call, poetic justice.

NICE! Smile
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 04:58, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I think "bait close-up bags" should be set up.

Good ideas Chris.

I am going to do this at the Blackpool convention next year.

I will be watching from the balcony in the Empress Ballroom.

Beware thieves.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2866 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2008-06-05 10:13, Justin N. Miller wrote:
My friend Eric Jones had the EXACT thing happen to him at the same convention last year..ALL of his coins were stolen from his dealer booth.
I am very sorry to hear this has happen to another magician..it seems this convention is a safe haven for a lot of the criminal minds of magic.....

Justin N. Miller

LOL!

You must have a good view from the top of your glass house!

Scott,

So sorry to hear this man. I had about $500 worth of coins stolen one time and it hurt. Not as bad as stealing another's material but it still hurt.

I'd be happy to help you out. I have a a CSB set and a shell that I no longer use. They are yours if you'd like.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
So sad that there are those that must steal. I'd like to catch 'em and bust their fingers.

I don't have much in the way of gaffed coins or I'd be glad to send something to you.

Anothr angle on this. Some time back a well-known close up guy's case was stolen and I loaned him a chop cup and some coins... He never even said thanks or returned anything.

Argh...

I havae had my bag stolen twice (in France) and lost cameras, plane tickets and passports, so I know the feeling... and it sucks.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
So sorry to hear Scott!

I had a couple of Porper chip sets stolen from my jacket one night in a bar while I was shooting pool. The sad part is that the guy I suspect wouldn't have a clue what to do with them so he probably chucked the gaffs and tried to cash in the chips the next time he was in Vegas!
I HATE THIEVES!
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 18:20, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-05 10:13, Justin N. Miller wrote:
My friend Eric Jones had the EXACT thing happen to him at the same convention last year..ALL of his coins were stolen from his dealer booth.
I am very sorry to hear this has happen to another magician..it seems this convention is a safe haven for a lot of the criminal minds of magic.....

Justin N. Miller

LOL!

You must have a good view from the top of your glass house!

Scott,

So sorry to hear this man. I had about $500 worth of coins stolen one time and it hurt. Not as bad as stealing another's material but it still hurt.

I'd be happy to help you out. I have a a CSB set and a shell that I no longer use. They are yours if you'd like.

All the best,

Kranzo

That's really kind of you Nathan. You're one of magic's good guys.

What do you mean re. reference to glass house? Does Justin live in a house made of glass? Sorry if I'm being dumb.
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
Those who live in a glass house, shouldn't throw stones.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
How about keeping an eye on your stuff? Your first mistake is trusting magicians.
Sure, there's a few good ones, like those here at the Café, but other than that...

I ride a $2,500 rode bicycle all over NYC, people ask me where my lock and chain is? I laugh...If you're going to steal my bike, you're going to have to take me too!

Material things have NO value. Let it go.
mud
View Profile
New user
Western NY
66 Posts

Profile of mud
Quote:
On 2008-06-08 13:36, Justin Style wrote:
How about keeping an eye on your stuff? Your first mistake is trusting magicians.
Sure, there's a few good ones, like those here at the Caf�, but other than that...

Is his original post he says he was performing close up at the time and they were stolen right from under his nose. Not much you can do about that.

If learning magic has taught me anything, it's that things can happen without being seen if someone is bold enough and acts while attention is elsewhere.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2008-06-08 13:05, Magikrn wrote:
Those who live in a glass house, shouldn't throw stones.

Does that mean Nathan is saying Justin is a thief?
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
That's what I took it as when I first read it.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2008-06-08 14:12, Magikrn wrote:
That's what I took it as when I first read it.

Kranzilla vs. Miller!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Ultimate 3 Fly and Others Stolen...Please Read! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL