The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Ultimate 3 Fly and Others Stolen...Please Read! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Quote:
On 2008-06-08 15:28, Andi Peters wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-08 14:12, Magikrn wrote:
That's what I took it as when I first read it.

Kranzilla vs. Miller!

And so it begins...
Scott Kahn
View Profile
Special user
Clayton, NC
775 Posts

Profile of Scott Kahn
Once again, thank you to all the kind offers coming my way. Currently, however, I am performing with some old beat up Johnson coin gaffs until I can raise the funds to replace what was taken. It'll probably be a long time though until I can replace my U3F set, which was my favorite, of course. It's nice knowing that I have so many friends here on the Café. Best wishes to you all.
--Scott
Scott Kahn, M.D.

KAHNCEPTUAL CARD MAGIC: MORE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnceptual-card-magic/

KAHNJURING: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnjuring/

SWINDLES, SCAMS & KAHNS
https://kahnjuring.com/swindles-scams-kahns/
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2866 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Sounds like I missed all the fun? : )

Just like school on Sunday.....no class.

Scott sorry your thread got hijacked while you were gone. But it looks to be all better now.

Once again my offer still stands....let me know if you need any gaffs.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27084 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Scott, while you are collecting for the coin gaffs again - try out some of the tricks with a small set of billiards, even the adams set and see where that takes you Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2142 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2008-06-08 02:27, MickeyPainless wrote:
So sorry to hear Scott!

I had a couple of Porper chip sets stolen from my jacket one night in a bar while I was shooting pool. The sad part is that the guy I suspect wouldn't have a clue what to do with them so he probably chucked the gaffs and tried to cash in the chips the next time he was in Vegas!
I HATE THIEVES!

Mick,
PM Richard Mendez, the SOB has like 12 sets of Porper Poker chips, tell him Jake said come up off a set for you Smile
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1487 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I had my CD changer stolen out of my car years ago. I had never been ripped off before and it was a feeling that I had a hard time describing. I had auto insurance though and I was able to replace it. With gaffs costing what they do these days, I wonder if there's a way to get insurance for them.
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Scott...my heart goes out to you. If you do want to take up one of our offers I too have an extra EXP Peace dollar shell (Schoolcraft) with 4 Peace dollars that I would happily loan you for an indefinite period of time.

M&S
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Scott, people suck. . . sometimes. . . other times they blow. Though, I maintain that I have a pretty optimistic outlook on humanity, I'm never surprised that stuff like this happens. Wish I had some extra stuff to lend you. Keep on keepin' on!

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
372 Posts

Profile of Bill
Really sorry to hear of your loss. I had my U3-Fly stolen too. I couldn't let it go. Everytime I thought about it I got mad all over again. After a year, I called Todd Lassen and had him make me a new one, just to get it behind me. But I swear, if I ever catch the guy......
Alvin Martinez
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Alvin Martinez
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 18:20, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-05 10:13, Justin N. Miller wrote:
My friend Eric Jones had the EXACT thing happen to him at the same convention last year..ALL of his coins were stolen from his dealer booth.
I am very sorry to hear this has happen to another magician..it seems this convention is a safe haven for a lot of the criminal minds of magic.....

Justin N. Miller

LOL!

You must have a good view from the top of your glass house!

Scott,

So sorry to hear this man. I had about $500 worth of coins stolen one time and it hurt. Not as bad as stealing another's material but it still hurt.

I'd be happy to help you out. I have a a CSB set and a shell that I no longer use. They are yours if you'd like.

All the best,

Kranzo

What are you implying?
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Scott. On the flip side of the coin, so to speak, following a recent lecture one of our MYI teens approached me with a pouch filled with coins and other valuable magic items he had found in a corner of the room. We checked with all of the attendees and no one claimed it. Turns out that a previous lecturer from several weeks earlier had left it behind. He was very glad to get it back. So, have heart - there are still good people out there who respect their peers. I hope your thief has a change of heart and returns your coins soon!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
bronx
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of bronx
So sorry for your loss. But I have to say, the outpouring of concern, sympathy, and the the offers of help have GOT to make you feel like you're part of a wonderful and caring community. Many people who experience loss (of ANY type) aren't fortunate enough to have access to such a caring extended family.

I, personally, have been really moved by what I've read here. And I must say, it makes me very proud.

And on another, though related, subject, not long ago I came upon someone working their way through a U-Lock in their attempt to steal a rather valuable bike that I own. I saw him busy at work from the window of the sporting goods store I'd run into for "just a second." I asked the owner if I could borrow a bat, told him why, and we both went outside. I tapped this jerk on the shoulder with it ... lightly ... I swear, and made it clear that I was prepared to do a passable impression of Barry Bonds on his head if he didn't move away at a brisk pace. The shop owner even snapped the guy's photo, which was posted the following day for two blocks in every direction.

Again, sorry for your loss

And remember, whoever did this to you. will NEVER be able to buy back what he's lost....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Ultimate 3 Fly and Others Stolen...Please Read! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL