The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pocket Space Plus (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
403 Posts

Profile of ritty360
Let me premise my review by saying that I work at a magic shop and I also have bought much of the magic on the market. As many of you know, there is a lot of garbage out there.

I have tried many effects that appear similar to this type of effect. It has been compared to Kolossal Killer and other "one off" effects. I don't think that this is that type of effect. There is no one off part of this effect.

This is unique in that you don't need a wallet and, in fact, it is better if you adapt this in a way that best addresses your performance style. Tony Miller, the creator, has given you in the manuscript, numerous variations to suit the myriad of performance styles.

In my performance of this effect I present this as a challenge to the spectator and I offer up a bill as a bet. I base this off of an effect by Greg Arce called Cash Out (http://www.freestylebooktest.com/cashout/). Also, a gimmick that Bryn Reynolds created in the Safwan Papers (http://www.mindmagic.myfoolmoon.com/).

This has received some great reactions and served me well at several corporate events. I highly recommend this effect and that you take the time to routine this properly.

It is available from Tony Miller at http://www.rfaproductions.com/products/pocketspace.htm.

By the way, Tony has a new card in wallet coming out that might interesting to many folks. You can buy any bi-fold wallet and use this gimmick to perform a card to wallet with a zippered compartment....should be promising...
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
The link need the period removed from the end to work Smile
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1079 Posts

Profile of taller8
Pocket Space Plus is great. Very easy to do with the newer plus version and it travels light.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5415 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Pocket Space Plus is one of a small handful of items that really lives up to it's hype. Tony Miller has had a number of solid hits over the years, but this is an absolute and unquestionable home run.

I haven't heard anything regarding a new CTW, but I give the Triple Threat my highest recommendation.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2164 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2008-06-05 15:05, ritty360 wrote:

Also, a gimmick that Bryn Reynolds created in the Safwan Papers (http://www.mindmagic.myfoolmoon.com/).

This has received some great reactions and served me well at several corporate events. I highly recommend this effect and that you take the time to routine this properly.

It is available from Tony Miller at http://www.rfaproductions.com/products/pocketspace.htm.

Thanks for the mention!
Bryn
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
ererer
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of ererer
I have the original pocket space and its great, but what are the main benefits of getting the plus version?
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Pocket Space is a great effect I always have on me. I do find that the side with the cards listed is too small to see in dimly lit rooms and have been thinking of printing up a new set with a larger Font and easier to read at a glance.
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of afknight
Quote:
On 2008-06-08 07:37, ererer wrote:
I have the original pocket space and its great, but what are the main benefits of getting the plus version?

In my opinion, the advanteges of the "plus" version are (1) the backs of the card is vivually more appealing, (2) the number of cards that can be thought of has been expanded and (3) it is easier to figure out which card needs to be pulled out of the wallet.
ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
403 Posts

Profile of ritty360
I got gasps this weekend at the shop with this.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3031 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I am going to order Pocket Space Plus just curious why they sell refills. Do you have to give out the card every performance ? Or could you perform it without using up a refill .
thanks,
Jeffrey
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Jeffrey,

No refills. You collect the card back from them each time. I normally have my prediction written on my business card so I just hand it out each time. The only time you will need refills is if you accidentally wash the cards....(personal experience).

Great trick though!

Mario
Hedberg
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Hedberg
Pocket Space Plus is an excellent effect and I highly recommend it.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3031 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Thanks for all your information this sounds great !
Jeffrey
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2322 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Glad ya all like it... I still have it with me at all times... It and MoFo and Parking space... Three effects that all fit in my wallet... With room left over for card to wallet.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
Parking Space is wonderful!
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2322 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2010-01-23 15:02, HusssKarson wrote:

I gotta agree with ya there! It is sooo much fun to do!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3940 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2010-01-23 15:02, HusssKarson wrote:

... buy a smaller car ... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2459 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I carry pocket space plus with me everyday. What is parking space?
Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
I got parking space and it is a prediction of any thing you want. The supplied cards and write up is for a thought of car. Once you see how this works you can customize it to whatever you want. Mine is the election of a president with a funny twist. I'm about to change it up again. I have been doing this version for a while but the story of being my first time voting went well with the reveal of their thought of president. This is something that can be applied in many different ways. Great trick!!
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2322 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Basically, once again my customers were smarter than me. I released Parking Space as a prediction of a car by picture... In the hands of my customers it became a prediction of a president, a bear with a rifle on a bicycle, a a horse crashing thru a car windshield, a burning zeppelin, a dolphin with a cowboy monkey on his back... And some just to disturbed to talk about... But very funny.

I thought I had this cool little close up trick with cars... and you guys said... "Oh no... you missed the boat... There is soooo much more you can do... " .

The same thing happened with Pocket Space... I have finally decided to admit to myself that you people are more clever than me... At least with my stuff...

www.rfaproductions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pocket Space Plus (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL