The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » What would you do if ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
... if you were performing the Raven vanish for a store greeter in the afternoon, and another woman observing the happenings theorized out loud what she thought caused the coin to vanish ...

... and she was precisely correct?

What do you do?

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Laugh and say something like,
"Hey, ya know what? That's not a bad idea."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19770 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Aside from not being in the situatin in the first place you could try shooting the person.

OR use my move which I call the "Venetion Blind". (if you know the joke, 'do you know how to make a Venetion blind'? you will know the technique) It is also called the Moe Howard. Works wonders on spectaters such as you describe. It also prevents them from seeing future moves. Can't describe the move here as we can't give away secrets on an open forum.

Or barring that do what Jaz said.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I really like the "Moe" move. Works every time!

Mark.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Same thing you'd do if it happened with any effect.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Burst into tears and hide your face in your beret?
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Wow MagicSanta, that was very thought provoking and inspirational.

(Couldn't resist. Smile )
Mikey Magic
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mikey Magic
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 18:04, Carrie Sue wrote:
... if you were performing the Raven vanish for a store greeter in the afternoon, and another woman observing the happenings theorized out loud what she thought caused the coin to vanish ...

... and she was precisely correct?

What do you do?

Did this happen to you? I would ignore her. You were performing for the greeter who wittnessed a miracle.

Carrie
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Mikey...and you point was?

Mark.
Thetruthteller
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Thetruthteller
Quote:
On 2008-06-08 16:40, MagicSanta wrote:

You forgot the part where she's supposed to give up on magic entirely and go into a convent to become a nun to alleviate the shame and inferiority she must now feel for having someone see through a magic trick.
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Probably go red and quiet!
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
418 Posts

Profile of daver
IMHO, Jaz has the best approach. Non confrontational, makes them both feel like they're part of your world, no "real" exposure...

Responses like that can almost never backfire.
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1977 Posts

Profile of puggo
I carry a few gaff cards that are in the style of a donor card (widely available)
"I agree to watch this trick to help someone make a living, even if it bores me to death"
I have given a few out, for example when some mouthy rude person tried to snatch my cards while performing a short 3 card monte (they did not believe I only had three cards, which I did). It is a ploy that has worked very well every time, turning a potentially difficult situation into a moment of laughter.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19770 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-06-12 23:56, daver wrote:
IMHO, Jaz has the best approach. Non confrontational, makes them both feel like they're part of your world, no "real" exposure...

Responses like that can almost never backfire.

Are you telling me that the "Moe Howard" move is not good? How dare you?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Quote:
On 2008-06-08 16:40, MagicSanta wrote:

for your information, I no longer wear the beret... my close-up pad does a better job anyway, and it's more absorbant.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Charge myself up with my ET and shock her on the nose.
Chris Bruce
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
207 Posts

Profile of Chris Bruce
You have to act exactly as you would if they gave you an incorrect response.

If you find that you are getting theorizing often you need to examine why this is happening and go from there.

cb
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Every so often you WILL run across a dipwad that likes to give a blow by blow account of how they see the "magic" happening and their ideas as to how it's all done.

This could be because your presentation is weak and just not entertaining enough or the person describing how the effect is done suffers insecurities of their own...they don't like to feel stupid and for some people magic makes them feel stupid, for some they absolutly despise magic for this reason alone.
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
418 Posts

Profile of daver
I recall being in a Sankey lecture once, and asking him something similar, and he related a story to me about how he was doing a gig, and someone grabbed his hand and turned it over, revealing a palmed coin. I was shocked at the nerve of the guy to do that. When I asked Jay what he did, he said (in true Sankey style), "did you think it was reeeaaaalll magic???" I'm sure it put the guy in his place.
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
You could also perform the same trick again in a different method. Sylvester Pitch Maybe??
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » What would you do if ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL