The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » What would you do if ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
It's not a smart move trying to out smart an individual like this, the no it all type...understand?
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I agree with what daver said about Sankey's reaction. then just mmove on.
T. Sebastian
View Profile
Loyal user
Ozark Mountains, USA
223 Posts

Profile of T. Sebastian
When people volunteer their opinions I generally say,
"There's no prize for guessing how it's done."
or
"I never thought of that. You're pretty clever. Ever thought of a career in magic?"
I try to stay calm and collected. Even if I'm fuming inside.
I think johnnymystic hit the nail on the head with his insight as to why people do this.
These are the experiences that make you a strong performer.
I just accept that I'm a worm with lots of work still to do.
And that I won't gain these experiences sitting at home.
"Every day, in every way, things are getting better and better."
So sorry I soiled your precious eyes.
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
Engaging them is typically not going to end well. I would just thank them for their help and move on.
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
418 Posts

Profile of daver
Something else just came to mind. Pull the Willy Wonka (from the original movie with Gene Wilder). Preten you didn't hear it, tell him to speak up next time, and launch right into something else immediately not giving him the chance to repeat it.

Of course the purple waistcoat and chocolate brown tophat would certainly add to the picture Smile
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 18:04, Carrie Sue wrote:
... if you were performing the Raven vanish for a store greeter in the afternoon, and another woman observing the happenings theorized out loud what she thought caused the coin to vanish ...

... and she was precisely correct?

What do you do?

Carrie

How could she be precisely correct?

Could it be that she perhaps saw the masked dork special when it was exposed?

I had a friend do this at a restaraunt he was working at, one guy at the table told him that he would have to tell the ladies how the raven worked. My friend said, ok & continued on like nothing happened.

I have, on ocassion had someone tell me the exact method for something I have done. I usually just say that I guess that would work & move on to something else.

Mike
illusionist13
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of illusionist13
I feel if you are already done with the vanish, show your sleeves in a casual manner and say, "Oh, I guess not!" If not, why not "release" the Raven and show palms up....then go into perhaps another coin vanish.....or why not just DO the vanish and disregard what they are saying...and show the sleeves again in a causal manner? Most people are NOT going to frisk you when doing this.....
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
You immediately stop what you're doing and ask her, "Yeah? Well, tell me how that guy is breaking into the parking lot?" while pointing outside. This gives you enough time to jump behind a cash register and vanish. Hmm, maybe I'll publish this one day...
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » What would you do if ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL