The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Trabucco Holdout or Workaroo? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1044 Posts

Profile of taller8
I'm considering diving into the world of holdouts. I was wondering what people thought of these two options.

I have read the lengthy posts on the Trabucco Holdout, so I was seeking some more current opinions of this device.

Thanks,
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2659 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I personally like the Workaroo. I don't have a Trabucco though, so I can't speak as to how good it is. from what I've read, some have stopped using the Trabucco in favor of the Workaroo. I wish you could see all the different routines that are on the Workaroo dvd, they are simply amazing!! I don't know how the Trabucco works, but wth the Workaroo, you can wear short sleeves, in fact you don't even have to wear a shirt. So many things you can do with the Workaroo it's crazy!! I don't think many people have the Workaroo as I think it was only released late fall last year and hasn't been made since. I think he plans on doing another run of these, hopefully. Unless someone or some store has a couple of these laying around. Does anyone have BOTH of these products or at least in-depth knowledge of the workings of the 2?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Banish
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Banish
They use same technic ( topit ) ?! Because I want to buy Trabucco but if Workaroo is better tell me Smile
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2659 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I don't have Trabucco, but the Workeroo is a great item. If I were you, I'd try to find a "Silent Butler" as it's basically a Workaroo on steroids with it's additions. it's not currently sold I don' think? Ask around and see if anyone is willing to sell theirs, you won't regret it! PM me if you have any questions
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3540 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Search my posts on the trabucco. Without question it is a deadly weapon, especially for coin workers. Gets my highest recommendation.
Steve Travis
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Steve Travis
I've never heard of a Silent Butler. Who makes this or sells this. I know you said you don't think it's being currently sold but who made it previously.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4159 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Precision Magic but it looks like they went out of business.
http://www.trickshopmagic.com/silentbutler.html (out of stock as well)
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1012 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Steve- I have a Silent Butler, and did/don't like it. It is more of a topit than a holdout in my opinion. The TKO is much better for use as a topit than the Butler, again, in my opinion. As for a holdout, I have neither Trabucco or Workeroo, so I can't compare to the Butler.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1699 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
The Trabucco Holdout is nothing like Workeroo. I use the TH a lot and really like it.
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Watch the brilliant effect, Rule of Three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CytuXsCbL0 and order it from www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2659 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I guess it is depending on what your're trying to accomplish, what effects are you wanting to use it for? the silent butler and workaroo are both a type of topit. The difference between the workaroo and silent butler is the latter allows you to easily retrieve any ditched items from you front pockets. with some of the additions, you can also perform a perfect seamless Interlaced by Richard Sanders, VERY CLEAN!!

I don't have TKO, so I'm not sure exactly it accomplishes and the pro's and con's.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Trabucco Holdout is nothing like Workeroo. The Butler is not used as a hold out.

Go to Youtube and type in Silent Butler Ray Noble and you will see this ray dude demostrating it.

Best
Ray
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I have had both and the Trabucco is better on your figure,lol
Workeroo needs big pants, I hated it.

Trabucco needs certain body action for misdirection but can make miracles happen AND clean up your current routines.
You need a jacket and you will need to alter it.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2659 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I wouldn't say you would need to go out and buy big pants, a little loose will do just fine, unless yours are tight. I think you can do different effects with the silent butler than you can with the trabucco and vice versa. I don't know the exact workings of the trabucco, it sounds like it has it's place for certain effects as does the silent butler. thoughts Xiqual?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I like Trabucco because you don't need to go to your pocket to retrieve objects.
They are right in your reach. Trabucco is so natural in use, you can fool the most skeptical "handburner".

You do need to wear a jacket. Where I live, a jacket in the hot months is crazy.

Workeroo is good, but I like Trabucco better.
James
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2659 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Same shoes as you with the summer months being waaay too hot to even think about wearing a jacket. can the trabucco ditch and retrieve multiple coins at once or an entire deck or possibly a handful of cards? what are the limitations to which it can make appear and disappear? thanks again James Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Coins yes, deck no. I use my TKO for decks though!!!! I just hated having that thing poking me in the bladder all the time.
It's good, just not for me [workeroo]
James
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1774 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Silent butler? = At least from video it looks identical to Tommy Wonders Belly servante from Books of Wonder...
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2011-01-02 20:20, korttihai_82 wrote:
Silent butler? = At least from video it looks identical to Tommy Wonders Belly servante from Books of Wonder...

They ALL look the same in preformance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Trabucco Holdout or Workaroo? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL