The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New money making idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I am going to buy a cheap accordian. Set up in a chair with a sign that reads: "Put money in the hat and I won't play."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
cenafreak0709
View Profile
New user
Memphis
59 Posts

Profile of cenafreak0709
HAHHA! I love that!
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Toys R us has the accordian you are looking for Mr. Biro.
I had one myself to play Irish Traditional tunes.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I think Pete needs a great honkin' Hohner accordion -- one that looks like it could really do some DAMAGE.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
DJBrenton
View Profile
Regular user
Midlands, England
129 Posts

Profile of DJBrenton
Bagpipes will work waaaay better. In fact, PM me your address. I'll send you some money now not to play.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Q: What's 'perfect pitch'?

A: An accordian landing on a bagpipe in a dumpster!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
A friend of mine was qwite excited about his instant busker kit. It is a self playing accordian. All you have to do is pump it pretend your playing it, ie wiggle your fingers and smile as the theme music to the God farther bellows out.
As much as I dislike accordians I could not help but appreciate this expensive piece of crap. Now when I see a busker playing accordian and if they sound a bit good I all ways take close look just in case.
Keep an eye out.
Mario
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of lynnef
In one of the Laurel and Hardy movies, the 2 awful musicians are interrupted by a woman who shouts "how much do you make at this corner?" They say "50 cents"; and she says "here's 50 cents, move down to the other corner". or something like that... it's been a few years since I saw the movie.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3491 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Indeed here in San Francisco’s Financial District
there is a bagpipe player, with a singular lack of talent.

He plays are an intersection where office workers like to enjoy their lunch and coffee on the street near a famous statue, and will STOP playing every time someone gives him a five-dollar bill.

I suspect he makes a fine living by keeping silent during the lunch rush and coffee breaks.

I believe I know of several magicians who could also make a handsome living by offering not to perform in public….

Magically,
Walt
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-06-09 08:24, Chance wrote:
Q: What's 'perfect pitch'?

A: An accordian landing on a bagpipe in a dumpster!

funniest joke I've heard in weeks!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13154 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Pete:

I play an Hohner Panther, I love it.
It keeps the cats away and does not scare the dog as much as my violin playing.

Tony
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
I once left my accordian in my car unlocked. I came back and there were four more in there! Smile

What's the difference between an accordian and an onion? Nobody cries when you cut up an accordian! Smile

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
833 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
You may joke, but in the middle of Tralee, County Kerry, (Ireland) I saw a drunk playing a 6 string guitar with only 4 strings on, and he was using a credit card cut into a very large V shape as a plectrum. He was absolutely useless. Out of tune, no rhythm, - just a drunk with NO musical leanings.

And people were dropping cash in his basket.

Un-believable!

I just thought - it could have been MUCH worse! He could have had a drum kit!

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
In 1992, the second time I was in Berlin, I was strolling through Europa Zentrum and I saw the worst excuse for this kind of thing I have ever seen in my life.

No, it wasn't a crate slug.

It was a little Gypsy boy, couldn't have been more than 3 years old, sitting on the sidewalk with an out of tune mandolin in his lap. He was strumming the strings loudly with one hand, and had his other hand stretched upward for money.

He had a very sad expression on his face. They start them young and train them well.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Wayne Whiting
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Wayne Whiting
Reminds me of the busker who won his case in Alexandria, VA. He was a bagpipe player. Seems like if he could win his case, if would be a breeze for a magician.
Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Thomas Edison

www.terrylagerold.com
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Bill, what's a "crate slug" please? From the context I guess it's a person sitting by watching the show and not not contributing any donation. How good a guess is that?
The presentation makes the magic.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Crate slug= people standing on crates such as living statues, etc.
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
Pete -

If you want to go "classic", you could always make or obtain a Rommelpot.

After all, Danish buskers would go door to door playing this (sometimes referred to as the f*rt drum due to its, uh, distinctive sound) until they were given money to GO AWAY.

... I've actually done that at a few Renaissance Faires. *oomph-phrmph-wrmfph-frmf* "o/` Gimme a dollar and I'll stop playing! o/`"
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember Douglas Adams had a bit in one of his "Hitchhiker's" books where the hero and his girlfriend were walking through the park. In the background was a bagpipes player who kept getting angry at the audience; "No! Don't give me money! I'm not performing, I'm only practicing!"

And then there's the classic "Far Side" cartoon; Upper panel, a line of angels; "Welcome to heaven, here's your harp." Lower panel, a line of devils; "welcome to 4377, here's your accordian!"
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New money making idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL