The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Dealing With Angles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh W.
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Josh W.
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll just post it here.

What do you do if you are performing an angle sensitive trick and you are surrounded? Do you just not do the trick or do you have some way of getting around the problem and, if so, what do you do?
"The person who says, 'I can' and the person who says 'I can't' are both right. Who do you want to be?"
meco
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of meco
You need to be able to control your audience, so that there is none one facing the sensitive angle
Josh W.
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Josh W.
Quote:
On 2008-06-09 19:21, meco wrote:
You need to be able to control your audience, so that there is none one facing the sensitive angle

How do you accomplish that without looking suspicious?
"The person who says, 'I can' and the person who says 'I can't' are both right. Who do you want to be?"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I shall tell you something that you'll likely ignore just as so many have before. If you are performing or want to perform and the situation isn't right, do NOT perform the effect. YOU have the control lil' fella, no one else does. If the peoople are where they can beat the angles, don't do the trick. That is the key.

Now here is another thing. You are never truly surrounded. The people behind you can't see through your back and you can cut off angles by pulling in closer to your chest and use your arms as cover. The best thing is just don't do the effect and roll on. I do like that you asked the question and in part of your question you hit upon the answer.
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
If your doing angle sensitive tricks look for walls you can back up against and if people try to get ound the sides say come round the front you'll see it better, also use the people in the wrong places as helpers, say can you just come round here and help me thus bringing them away from the place you don't want them to be!
or just leave it and do something else!
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1214 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
You can move people around front "so they can see better," but in my experience if you have bad angles, someone will always migrate back over to them. Better to create an "angle-proof" show for such occassions.
Marc
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Whit Haydn suggests making the ground your bad angle (in his street performing lesture notes). I've used this idea for a lot of things like multiplying billiard balls and other effects which require a shell.

Take a knee, angle down, and use your calf, knee and thigh as your back drop.

If taking a knee doesn't work, then use your belly as a back drop. Hold your arms in front of you and your upper arms will cover the sides.

If the audience won't move, then focus on the part of the audience that will see. Your voice, expressions and the audience reaction will carry the story to the stuborn folks that won't take a few steps to huddle up and catch a glimpse.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Dealing With Angles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL