The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Space Between (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2499 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
It's great! Packs small plays huge!
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Thanks Jerskin! You're not the first to tell me that; people really like the many different performance options with the trick.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your time (and business!).

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
jason@paltergeist.com
Mike McEathron
View Profile
Regular user
Peterborough Ontario Canada
164 Posts

Profile of Mike McEathron
Have the trick and used it
Great reaction
Highly recommend it

Thanks
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hey Mike:

Thank you so much for the comments! I'm really happy that you (and others!) are getting some good use out of it. If you'd like, please feel free to send along any thoughts, etc. you've developed with it; I'd love to read about the ones that really work for you!

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
jason@paltergeist.com
Mike McEathron
View Profile
Regular user
Peterborough Ontario Canada
164 Posts

Profile of Mike McEathron
Your most welcome I also have icon this as long as you have more than one play L*** burns people so bad....it just drives them crazy and I love the fact I carry it with me every day......back to the space between I often mail the envelope to the client a week or two before the show ( I bring extra in case they lose it) this really drives them crazy !

Thanks again for the great stuff !

Mike
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello Mike:

I think that by "icon" you meant "iKnow"...If that is what you meant , then thank you for the compliment!

I'm glad that you are enjoying "The Space Between"; the idea of mailing the prediction to the client ahead of time is great----it is a really big "Wow" for your performance!

Please let me know if you have any other questions, and certainly feel free to post other ideas in this and the other threads; I'm sure others would like to read them.

Thank you for your time.

Thank you for your time and business.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
jason@paltergeist.com
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
I followed the thread for awhile and I really think this is a great idea which Jason created.

I'm always looking for clean effects and that seems to be one of it. My only concern is the "space between". As you can see in the demo with the post-it arrows, there is a mirror in between which is not available on most of my stages.

This mirror already allows a certain "space between. If there is nothing on stage to give this certain space between, you really need good audience management to "lead" people into the right direction for the second arrow to pin to.

Hopefully this will be discussed in deep detail on the DVD, I mean how to direct people and still give them "free choice".

I'm hoping somebody can answer this!

Cheers,
Jarod
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Thank you for the compliments, Jerod. I wanted to address your question. The object that you see on the wall of the venue in the demo is NOT a mirror. In fact it is white with a black frame around it, and that may be hard to see that while watching the video. I think that it is where the venue actually project movies, sports games, etc. onto from an overhead projector----if I remember correctly from when we were there shooting the demo.

You can perform/measure "The Space Between" on a plain wall in someone's house using two sticky notes, between two people's noses (there is a really fun routine for this included with the trick), between two beer bottles in a bar, between two pieces of garbage on the street, between two microphone stands or tripods on stage, etc.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
jason@paltergeist.com
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Hello Jason,

thank you for your fast answer! It sounds great to use it for different routines and because I also do a show with comedians the "two nose act" seems to be perfect for that.

Maybe you can give me some more information if possible and without giving to much away about the "leading process"

Will people figure out that you just give 'em a certain amount of "space between"?

Good luck and keep on going!

Cheers,
Jarod

Harry Houdini
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Jarod, obviously one must be careful when discussing this type of thing on an open forum, so as not to reveal the method. However I must tell you that I have performed "The Space Between" A LOT. I have never, ever been questioned about any sort of "leading process", etc. In fact, I've never even had one of my customers make a comment like this either to me (I'm not saying that there HASN'T been a problem----I've just never had a complaint). The method is so great---if I do say so myself---and the presentation is done in such a way that will leave your audience floored.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
jason@paltergeist.com
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Jason,

thank you very much! I understand your point about not revealing the method and I really appreciate your answer!

I will order the "The Space between" very soon and I also come back with a review!

All The Best,

Jarod

Harry Houdini
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Thank you for your understanding, Jarod. If you have any questions or would like ordering information, please just let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
jason@paltergeist.com
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Guys - just needed to chime in and say how wonderful and adaptable this effect is. It plays like the derren brown counting buttons routine - a sevant like skill at estimating and/or predicting.

Here are some of the things I've done with it.

dart board prediction: envelope stuck on wall beside a dart board. Participant is asked to stand in front of a dart board and throw a dart while staying still and not moving an inch. They can stand wherever they wish. The envelope is then opened, and inside is predicted both the number that their dart hit, and also their distance away from the dart board - to the milimetre if I want!

you secretly stick an envelope to a friend/on stage participants back. Ask a spectator to take a coin from their pocket - any one - and toss it away from them maybe towards a wall or aim into a glass on the other side of the room. you tell them "you will definately get it in the glass". They toss it, and miss. Everyone seems disappointed. You say though, that's not what it was about - in truth, there's been an envelope on their back all the way throughout. they open it, and it predicts 1. the coin. 2. the fact that the glass was missed. 3. whether the coin was heads or tails up 4. and the exact precise distance of the coin either from the glass or from the original participant!

I've predicted the distance that a tail is placed away from a donkey, for family audiences - and not only that, this is by far one of the most powerful metaphores for corporate goal setting I've ever used.

highly recommended, even at twice the retail price. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8222 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I am very surprised Derren Brown hasn't performed this on one of his shows.

Magic doesn't come much better than this, if performed correctly.
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
458 Posts

Profile of westo
I altered the routine so you could do it on a table or Bar Top, using a mini tape measure a couple of objects and millimetres !! it works like a charm.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek' and 'The Westo Dump'
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8222 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I thought you could only use the supplied tape measure?
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hey guys:

Look, you people like VIEW and westo gotta tell me when you come up with great ideas like those for my "The Space Between" or other tricks!!!!! Fantastic! I didn't see any of this in the "reviews" section here on the Café, and someone just told me about the postings here; I'm glad they did!

Anyhow I think those are great ideas, and thank you for posting them. If you get a chance, email me them for an upcoming "bonus" book that I am considering doing in the future; I'd love to include these thoughts (with a name credit too, of course).

Please let me know if you have any questions----or more ideas of course!

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
jason@paltergeist.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8222 Posts

Profile of pegasus
So, Jason, can this be used with a small type tape measure, something less bulky than a normal rule?
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
458 Posts

Profile of westo
Yes you can bro, buy two, total cost about a quid!!
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
458 Posts

Profile of westo
Jason, just tell me when need the routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Space Between (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL