The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » I Love the Inviso Torch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2952 Posts

Profile of niva
Jnana, it does involve gas going up your arm, but it is safe.

Alex, be sure to read the instructions again for extinguishing the flame. I did that too at first, but now I know just what to do.

However, my problem is this. I find it difficult to put the flint back when it has been used up. Am I doing something wrong? PM me please.

I like it a lot though. I can't wait for winter to start so I can start wearing jackets and stuff and use it. A flower production out of flames is great for girls. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I just got mine (after a month from penguin) and it's ok.....I almost started myself on fire already lol. I don't really know how I'm suppose to hide it....my arms are short and even if I stretch them far sometimes the valve won't open. Hmmmm......cool trick though. I got my flame about 2 feet. Takes a lot of butane though.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
exohordon
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of exohordon
Can it be done with short sleeves?
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4282 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Not without some serious angle issues.

However, you can do it in a jacket with your sleeves rolled up, no problem!
jazzman990
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of jazzman990
WIth my Inviso Torch, I wear a t-shirt, and over that one of those short sleeve button shirts. I leave that unbuttoned (it's the style the kids are wearing), and wear the Inviso Torch under that. Kind of like a jacket without all the inside pockets... Works great!
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I received an inviso-torch last month, and I think it is awesome! I haven't actually tried it yet, though. Before I purchase the butane I want to practice the moves and all so I know what's going on and to prevent an unprepared full-body burn Smile.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I had one Inviso torch that was too long when I got it, and so I cut the h**e down to length and now it is just fine.

You can pretty much customize the length to your arm length, and attachment point.

It is an excellent device, and worth a bit of time to practice it. But once you have it, and know just how far it needs to go to let the f**l flow, you will find it pretty much indespensible.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2952 Posts

Profile of niva
I am still having a lot of trouble to change the flint. Am I doing it the wrong way? I am removing the wheel to change the flint. Please Help me!! I just love this effect.
Yours,

Ivan
daz222
View Profile
Elite user
Wales
439 Posts

Profile of daz222
NO! if it is anything like a normal lighter then under the flint stick should be a screw thingy, undo that and take out the spring and replace the flint. cheers, daz
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Hey there,
At the bottom of the striker there is a fork like thing . It is used to hold a spare flint.
It will twist to the left, and release from the spring tension. Now you can pop the strike wheel off and place a new flint inside. I found that a needle nose plier while help dropping the flint into the hole.
Jim
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
I caught my jacket on fire the first time I used it
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
The phoenix and inviso torches are amazing. You CAN do it in short sleeves. I attached a safety pin instead of the alligator clip so it never comes loose. No angle problems like mentioned above, I have been using it forever and its always ready to go in my jacket.

It recently broke (after 2 years of constant use) and I fixed it up AND bought a new one. Defenitaly an item not to be without. I find doing it bare handed then posing with your hands and your mouth wide open after the fire is gone to be one of the best opening effects one can do for any place you need to get their attention fast.
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Can you SAFELY go immedietly from flame to silks by any chance.. also I see the word "shooting" being used on the effects advertisements and in here.. does it shoot a quick flame or can you sustain a flame for 10 seconds or so?
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I think 10 seconds is a lot. I don't think you need that much time to make people realize its fire. A 4 second flame and 10 second flame would give the same impact. But you COULD do it for 10 seconds, you control the size of flame and duration.

As for ir going from fire to silks it could work but would be akward to hold the silks and gimmick in one hand.. possibly a 2 handed move could word. But besides silks anything you can finger palm is awesome.
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Well the reason I'm asking is I have a 10 second intro that I am going to use two vanishing torches. Instead I had though about this but still need about 10 seconds, so I'm trying to decide whether it would be best to go with this or the torches. The bottom line is I need about 10 seconds of flame, I need the fire and gimmiks to quickly go and I need to produce something immedietly afterwards, likely silks or streamers for another production.
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
10 seconds is too long. You will ruin the gimmick.10 seconds is a very long time even for stage work. I think that you will be better off with the torches.
Jim
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
That's what I was thinking. always good to ask questions rather than purchasing it and figuring it wasn't what I needed.
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Quote:
On 2005-01-05 21:34, BroDavid wrote:
I had one Inviso torch that was too long when I got it, and so I cut the h**e down to length and now it is just fine.

You can pretty much customize the length to your arm length, and attachment point.
BroDavid

BD, I'm curious as to how you shortened it, exactly. Could you PM me with the details? I think I would benefit from this as well, but I'd like to hear how you did yours before I tackle mine.
TIA !
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » I Love the Inviso Torch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL