The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Cinco by Alexandre (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Bruce, the "high tower" is not as secure and comfortable as you may believe. Every now and then when I see you on the Café I'm reminded of a Buddha quote that says" "An insincere friend is more to be feared than a wild beast."

On a general note, the conduct of many on here (the Café) reminds me of yet another quote, this time by philosopher and writer Will Durant (On The Meaning of Life is an interesting read by the way) "To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves.” And boy does this go on around here ... especially in Penny for Your Thoughts where the best minds gather Smile. Though fun fodder, it's one of the main reasons I don't hang out here much anymore.

Anyway, good luck with the fish heads, Dr.

And if you don't own one or both of Bill Cushman's eBooks, please, forget about buying any of my stuff, get Bill's "MiraBill" and "Mind Index" immediately before they are gone! And yes, there is rumor circulating that these may soon be taken off the market. Just a rumor....
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10774 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
High Tower? HA! I live in a dark pit in a valley under the sea.... sleeping and dreaming. I am a lowly amateur, with no credibility, no empire or anything to hawk... so, why worry about my useless comments?

Gee, I always wanted to be feared! Although I didn't even know we were friends so that I could even be considered insincere! Thanks for the compliment!

Heh, but keep the vieled threats up! I always love when you make comments regarding somehow I will be fried... Or did you mean that a friend of mine is ready to destroy me? Oh pshaw, I'm used to that! If the latter, gee, what a good friend you are to warn me - (wait, if we are friends, maybe that means you are saying I should watch out for you? Wait, is this a paradox?!? I better get out more fish heads)....


Here is a quote you can associate with me...

“I have no particular talent. I am merely inquisitive.”
Albert Einstein

I associate this one with you....

“Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.”
Stephen King

You certainly work hard!


Ooops... in case you wonder, most of the above is all sarcasm.... didn't you like my Banana-Heck humour? Where is your funny bones... I suggest eating some fish heads.

Eating fish heads - rollie pollie fish heads....

Luck on the sales!

Ooga booga

Your Magic Café tour guide,

Dr S
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2868 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I'm beginning to think that you two enjoy this. Off for the fish heads. Smile


Or should I have said, "Fish heads? I don't need no stinkin' fish heads!"
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Bruce, I wouldn't have minded being friends at one point, you're a writer and that's cool, but you chose to keep kicking me while I was down, using information you received from "friends" and possibly even from your fertile imagination. It's hard for me to respect that.

What I wrote wasn't a threat at all, it was just a reminder that you have "friends" who don't necessarily keep things you say to them close to their vest, and who behave a certain way with you over the phone only to pick up that same phone to say something quite different to someone else. So again, it wasn't a threat, just a reminder that it happens to all of us who live on this earth long enough.

I don't threaten anyone, I'm a very peaceful person, and I've never meant harm to anyone either, which is why it's curious to me to read about me being a "rip-off" or "thief" or even that I'm pretending to be someone else for monetary gain.

I make a very good and honest living as a performing Mentalist, as a 20+ year voice over professional for major entertainment companies, and as a writer of screenplays and fiction. I certainly don't need to steal and fool people into buying my inexpensive eBooks. Like I said before, I don't put an eBook out without first consulting with my magic/mentalism friends as to the routines included and the price. On occassion things have come up, like close (and unintentional) similarities, lack of appropriate research, or something I printed that might've been misunderstood (I'm not perfect) but in all those cases I have either removed the eBook from the market, or made changes and corrections. I'm comfortable with my work ethics.

Ted Lesley, Banachek, Brother Shadow, and many others, have graciously given me quotes for my work (and yes I have their printed emails and even handwritten letters from Brother Shadow) because they liked what they read, they liked my attitude, my passion, my interest, and the conversations I've had with them. They weren't paid to say nice things about my work, they weren't tricked into it, they weren't strong-armed. They did it because they are all decent people who recognize passion, interest, and a little bit of talent when they see it, and are not shy and insecure about supporting it. Their attitude of support and helpfulness is what the Magic Café should be more about, instead of what goes on too often around here.

With that, I leave you guys to your fun. I'll be back on occasion to look for those nuggets of interesting posts amongst all the garbage, but unfortunately not without the bad taste in my mouth that an exclusive few have long left in my mouth about this place ... a place that years ago I truly enjoyed visiting and contributing to. Just search my posts going back to 2002 if you doubt me as a true contributor here. Compare that to some other people's posts since they've joined.

Enjoy your days, guys ... what else is there to do anyway?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10774 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2008-07-02 12:45, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Bruce, I wouldn't have minded being friends at one point, you're a writer and that's cool, but you chose to keep kicking me while I was down, using information you received from "friends" and possibly even from your fertile imagination. It's hard for me to respect that.


I guess Bill's thoughts we were both enjoying this exchange seems to be not the case!

However, why'd you want to be a friend with me at any point is beyond belief!

I don't recall kicking you when you were down, you were standing up and I asked questions and you suddenly bared fangs!

Quote:
What I wrote wasn't a threat at all, it was just a reminder that you have "friends" who don't necessarily keep things you say to them close to their vest, and who behave a certain way with you over the phone only to pick up that same phone to say something quite different to someone else. So again, it wasn't a threat, just a reminder that it happens to all of us who live on this earth long enough.


Thanks for the heads up! I'm sure you are correct! Hence why I don't trust 99% of MC members either! I am not that crazy! Also, I don't think I've ever talked to anyone here over the phone.... oh, just Patrick Redford over SKYPE... but I doubt he'd care about this - and I don't think I've bothered him with any of this stuff.

Heck, if I get a knife in the back, it is to be expected! Et Tu, Alexandre?

Quote:

I don't threaten anyone, I'm a very peaceful person, and I've never meant harm to anyone either, which is why it's curious to me to read about me being a "rip-off" or "thief" or even that I'm pretending to be someone else for monetary gain.



Hmmm.. I didn't write that this time - and as I recall, I once asked you if you were u-know-who... and you seemed to get gamma-powered. Good look over the old posts - your own responses are what are very interesting to read.

Heck, do what you want - I just didn't want to include Annabelle's material in the Jack project without her direct permission voice-to-voice.

Quote:
I make a very good and honest living as a performing Mentalist, as a 20+ year voice over professional for major entertainment companies, and as a writer of screenplays and fiction. I certainly don't need to steal and fool people into buying my inexpensive eBooks. Like I said before, I don't put an eBook out without first consulting with my magic/mentalism friends as to the routines included and the price. On occassion things have come up, like close (and unintentional) similarities, lack of appropriate research, or something I printed that might've been misunderstood (I'm not perfect) but in all those cases I have either removed the eBook from the market, or made changes and corrections. I'm comfortable with my work ethics.


Then, good for you!

Quote:
Ted Lesley, Banachek, Brother Shadow, and many others, have graciously given me quotes for my work (and yes I have their printed emails and even handwritten letters from Brother Shadow) because they liked what they read, they liked my attitude, my passion, my interest, and the conversations I've had with them. They weren't paid to say nice things about my work, they weren't tricked into it, they weren't strong-armed. They did it because they are all decent people who recognize passion, interest, and a little bit of talent when they see it, and are not shy and insecure about supporting it. Their attitude of support and helpfulness is what the Magic Café should be more about, instead of what goes on too often around here.


Good for you! Yay! Black School seems to have rocked for them then... yay!

Quote:
With that, I leave you guys to your fun. I'll be back on occasion to look for those nuggets of interesting posts amongst all the garbage, but unfortunately not without the bad taste in my mouth that an exclusive few have long left in my mouth about this place ... a place that years ago I truly enjoyed visiting and contributing to. Just search my posts going back to 2002 if you doubt me as a true contributor here. Compare that to some other people's posts since they've joined.


I do enjoy reading your old posts - really! They are very entertaining and revealing!

Quote:
Enjoy your days, guys ... what else is there to do anyway?


Hmmm... read Cinco?

See ya around, almost-friend in another space-time dimension possibility less likely than the chance of that occurrence in that witty Joke from Maximum Entertainment!

Happy happy joy joy!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I have many friends, many of which are writers, and some even work in the same business you periodically work in (the game stuff). I never had a problem with you until you started suggesting I was a thief and a scam artist without any foundation whatsoever other than your virile imagination.

Perhaps wrongly, but I went "gamma-powered" and "bared fangs" because you didn't "ask" me anything, you insinuated, insulted, and accused. In my 42 years of life, I've never had to deal with that. I'm a single parent, I've always made an honest living being a decent, friendly, helpful member of society, and am proud to say I have no enemies.

Not in the real world anyway.

And read Cinco? Absolutely, why not? And it won't take you long to read it either. Besides, you'll be too excited about trying a couple of the routines right away. While you're at it, pick up Target Card in Painting and a couple of other eBooks! I have to gas up the new Hummer Smile (is this how it's done?)


I hadn't intended to come back so soon, but the lure of the Café ... sorry, you can have the last word now.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Quote:
On 2008-07-01 23:02, Bill Cushman wrote:
So Alex is selling more Cincos and my Mind Index sales have dropped precipitously since speaking up on his behalf. The universe is twisted. Smile


"Farewell all joys-Oh death come close mine eyes
More geese than swans now live-
More fools than wise..."

That's unfortunate. While I don't have Mind Index, what I have seen of your other material is uniformly excellent. Something is indeed out of joint.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Quote:
On 2008-07-02 09:22, Bill Cushman wrote:
I'm beginning to think that you two enjoy this. Off for the fish heads. Smile


Or should I have said, "Fish heads? I don't need no stinkin' fish heads!"


Fish heads, fish heads, roly-poly fish heads! Fish heads, fish heads-eat them up, yum!

Does that work?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10774 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
John Wells gets 10 points! I was waiting for someone to recognize that song!!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
In the morning laughing, happy fish heads. In the evening, floating in the soup.

This one and "Dead Puppies" are two of my favorites.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2868 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Jheff's review appears to have created some buzz (read: sudden jump in sales) so the world twists a bit differently today. But thanks for your words, John.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Cinco by Alexandre (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL