The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » How to close a silk production? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
Looking for some ideas/advise of closing out a finale silk production. My finale is going to be a silk production from a squared circle. I will have plenty of cover, but don't really know what to produce. I am considering a 36" silk, but have produced one earlier in the show via a blendo, so I wasn't sure if that would be good to do a second time, and live animals aren't really an option. What else can be used as a "ending" to a silk production? Thanks in advance for the help.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
After lots of silks, some wine glasses and champagne glasses full of liquid, I used to use the 200' cresey coils followed by a large spring flowers at the end. It took the usual length of my tape, hooked on classics.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
A good ending to multiple silk production could be a foutain of silk combined with spring flowers or maybe a large 6 foot blendo silk.

You can also steal an Appearing Flag Staff easily under cover of those silks.

If you work with lifestocks, you can try production of an Appearing Bird Cage etc...

Hope these help...
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
A nice finale is to produce a six foot silk, open it out, and then bring it back to cover the square circle. A form pushes up from the square circle, rises higher and higher and suddenly you whip away the six foot silk to reveal your assistant, apparently produced from the Square Circle (but we know better, wink, wink, nudge, nudge!).
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
All the above can be use: color parasol, doves, bottles, bird cage etc.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
I have 2 SC and alternate between them pulling out rubber fruit, fish, streamers, flags, etc and end it with silk fountain containing mylar spring flowers and a 36" Thank You silk at the very end................
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
Thanks for all the great replies. I think I am going to give the flag staff a try. I think that will get a big reaction. Thanks again for all the ideas.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=54&0
This will fit into a square circle, a flagstaff may not.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » How to close a silk production? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL