The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » My presentation using WOW by Masuda (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pure Magic Z
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
6 Posts

Profile of Pure Magic Z
Monday was an extremely hot day where I live, it was about 104 degrees. While playing with my WOW gimmick in cards I came up with the patter of mirages. Sometimes if someone is really tired from heat, like in deserts they might see something when its not really there, and its kind of cool how I got this idea on the hottest day of the year. Anyway, what I do is a have a spectator choose a card and I mention that I have a prediciton in my pocket. Once they pick a card I slowly reveal the card and it matches the specs card. Once I do this there floored, but it doesn't stop there. I then start to talk about mirages and how sometimes someone can be convinced their seeing something when its not really there. I then show them the card case and there card is no longer there, but my business card is in there. From doing this to people I have always gotten a good reaction. I don't do the change right in front of their eyes, I misdirect and then I do it. One time I did it to one of the kids at school, and after I did it he asked me with a straight face, "Was the card really there? Or was I imagining it?"

Tell me what you guys think of this presentation and I'll well appreciate it.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I like the idea about mirages. Very unique and fits this time of year very well.

Nice.
AaronTheMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of AaronTheMagician
Mirages!
I do like that. Very clever!
Try this, if you'd like, as well.

I loved how cool it looks to have a signature visibly appear on a card... but I thought vanishing it was even cooler. Motivation? "Look! Your card is an Etch-A-Sketchâ„¢!"
Just something I was toying with the other day. Mull over it, too..
MagicianDM
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MagicianDM
An idea I haven't seen for WOW is a "wrong-prediction-visually-changes-into-correct-prediction' effect.
Have different coloured back "prediction", have it face down, insert it into WOW (perfect excuse to put it into the sleeve so "you can't touch the prediction card").
Force the duplicate..
Turn over WOW - show it is wrong card. Then perform the change. Take the card out.
The ultimate, most visual and practical ambitious card routine finisher - HERE!
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Quote:
On 2008-09-04 03:47, MagicianDM wrote:
An idea I haven't seen for WOW is a "wrong-prediction-visually-changes-into-correct-prediction' effect.
Have different coloured back "prediction", have it face down, insert it into WOW (perfect excuse to put it into the sleeve so "you can't touch the prediction card").
Force the duplicate..
Turn over WOW - show it is wrong card. Then perform the change. Take the card out.

I will be using that. Thanks for the suggestion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » My presentation using WOW by Masuda (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL