The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Dave Merry on L.C.Standing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
773 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
I think I saw Canadian magician Dave Merry (sp)? on Last Comic Standing last week.
He didn't seem to make it past the initial audition.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
I have seen Dave Merry at Hank Lee's convention many times and he is hilarious. I did not see Last Comic Standing and if he didn't make it past the first round that surprises me because he cracks me up. go DAVE!!!
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
I DID SEE IT!!! About two weeks ago I bought the Niagara Comedy Convention DVD, saw him and really enjoyed his style.
But just a week later ironically I caught him on there for about .3 seconds saying something like, "two for non-smoking please", didn't get to hear the whole joke but they put it in the section with all the strange crazy comedians for some reason.
Afterwards I shot him an e-mail saying sorry it didn't work out, sometimes its harder to find good talents scouts than it is to find good talent.
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2503 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
They're looking for standup comedians & Dave's a comedy magician. There is a difference (I've been both)
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
773 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
And I don't think they are really looking for "Best". They are looking to put on a TV show.
A quick visit to a club in a major market and you'll see a comic that will put most of them to shame.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Hi Greg, I actually think he was doing straight stand-up as he said in an interview that he performed that a lot, and I didn't see any props on stage, (I could be wrong)
Also theres a lot of music acts and even ventriloquism allowed this year I was a bit suprised none of the comic magicians got a call back anyway.

MoonRazor, I would have to agree with your statement.
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
If Dave Merry didn't make it I'll never try it. He is one of the best. When I saw his magic / comedy act the first twenty minutes was stand up comedy and it was very good. Of course I was waiting for the magic stuff, but then it dawn'd on me....man this guy just did twenty minutes with out any magic. I thought that was pretty strong. Hell of a good guy and a scratch golfer too. Eat my heart out. Actually met him on a cruise and once he found out I was in the talent show he offered me any prop/ or help. I thought that was super of him. Of course I just did my own stand up act and I won...sweet ! Obie Obrian , another Canadian told me he knows Merry very well and that he works Vegas alot. Wish he would of gone though to the finals on Last Comic Standing. Must be rigged..ha.
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Dave Merry on L.C.Standing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL