The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Jackass memorized deck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Saqib16
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Saqib16
Hi, today my sub for math class, is well a magician. I walked in and I was like, hey what's your name and did a split fan of cards and he didn't react at all and he said let me see a card and he did the pivot and produced it. It was cool for a teacher to do that... but he told me about a "jackass memorized deck" from "one of his father's magic books", is the jackass a good deck memorization or outdated? And what book is that from? Thanks.
Martin Joyal
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Martin Joyal
There are many card systems similar to the Eight Kings. Jackass is one of them, and is not a memorized deck. John Mulholland, in The Art of Illusion (1944, p.45) came up with the sentence "Jackass ate live tree; king intends to fix several for benign queen" corresponding to the values J-A-8-5-3-K-10-2-6-7-4-9-Q.

Martin
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Haha, yes it's a cyclical stack not a memorized one. I don't think it's the best, but it's definitely the funniest - "Jackass ate live tree" Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
SethL52
View Profile
New user
Arab, Alabama
56 Posts

Profile of SethL52
I don't know but that's a pretty danged funny name.
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Jackass Memorize Deck!!!

What a name!!!

hahahahahah

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
There's also a "Hungry jackass..." stack and a "Five trees..." stack that includes "Jack's ass".

Martin is right, though; these are sequential stacks, not designed to be memorized decks (though they obviously could be memorized). You can read more on this topic in my essay, An Introduction to Full-Deck Stacks.

... Doug
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
Never heard of it but I think I'll stick to the Sy Stebbins version.
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
For me,

I will stick to Martin Joyal 'The six hour memorize deck' Great Stack

Symmatrix
Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Jackass memorized deck? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL