The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Palm to Palm Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Wow that's great news for me. since you never read this now I can claim my crimp change that I tought Marion is origional ....the Crimp technique from TC to TC or FP to TC .
I'm changinmg the name to the Marini change
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Ok.... what did I do now? I v certinly have not read all the sources I was just saying... out of what iv seen....

TC to TC I wouldn;t think would be considered a demanche change? I dunno.
FP to TC would basiclly be half the move, would it not?

anyway, I was just trying to be clear for kex.
I'm sick and I don't feel like getting into this.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
YOU DID NOTHING WRONG. try do a change from fp to fp it is quite difficult and the coins talk however from fp to TC is the way it is done. try it you self.
but TC to TC is not the d change is my change
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I gotcha, yeah I think you send me somthing about that change a long while back.

sorry about that vinny, my head is cloudy with medications =D
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8745 Posts

Profile of harris
I have been doing the p-p since the late 70's.

Still working on a coin roll exchange for one that is in fp..

For a 3 to 3 Curtis K has some interesting ideas (and he credits sources) for Bejieng and or Goblet.

Find what works for your hands...then over time go back to what seemed impossible and sometimes you will find pleasant surprises.

This "righter" has.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
I second the recommendation for david Stone's technique. Really, do yourself a favor and pick up his coinmagic dvd from years ago. I always get talking with Roth's technique
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2506 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
The version of the Palm Change described in CoinMagic is my own technique, which I developed because it was impossible for me to get Roth's technique to work. It seems to be an obvious technique that was likely worked out by others. It would be interesting to know what Earl Johnson, who was the first to take a dice switch used by hustlers and turn it into a coin change, used as his technique.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4440 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
The easiest palm to palm change is the Slide Move, found in Rubinstein Coin Magic (as well as the NYCMS DVD series and on my Penguin Live 1 lecture). It is a fp to fp change, although certainly the coin can be in any position to start, transferred to fp before the move. There are 2 other original palm to palm transfers in the book as well.
Here is the Slide move, used to change a silver coin into a copper coin 3 times:
https://youtu.be/duAUq02V7o8
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC SPECIAL:
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
The FP to FP is interesting because few do the CP to CP well. David had a narrow but slightly long palm area. He demonstrated his work on the move very patiently to me and it is different than what I came up with. Will look at the Kaufman version again. But I'm switching many techniques to FP instead of always trying for CP, lately.

Don't forget there are other switches than palm to palm that may be adapted for a routine. The Clout Toss Change comes to mind and a session about it with Roth, and neither of us knew the name of the move. I heard the name of the move from Mike.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Anyway, didn't David learn it from Presto (Johnson)?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4900 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Dave Neighbor's, I've loved so much of your work and wondering where I can see the notes on your palm-to-palm change?
Kex That Web site Is not right Anymore! If you did not get one you like You can E-mail at coinjurer82@gmail.com ! I have PDF's
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
696 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2022, Richard Kaufman wrote:
The version of the Palm Change described in CoinMagic is my own technique, which I developed because it was impossible for me to get Roth's technique to work. It seems to be an obvious technique that was likely worked out by others. It would be interesting to know what Earl Johnson, who was the first to take a dice switch used by hustlers and turn it into a coin change, used as his technique.

Earl's handling is included as a scan in this article: https://www.conjuringcredits.com/doku.ph......m_change
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I just wanted to mention that with dice it was 2 dice next to each other switched for 2 other dice next to each other...am I wrong?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Palm to Palm Change (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL