The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Joining=confusion....atleast for me. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Veneficus Cruor
View Profile
New user
Orange, Texas
81 Posts

Profile of Veneficus Cruor
I would really like to join, but I find it quite confusing, do I need to print out my application or by email? how exactly do you join? help is appreciated
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam.
<BR>-Winston Churchill
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of trey
You can print the application off the IBM website. Then you have to have two active members endorse you. Pay the money. You can use a credit card or a check or money order. Then send it off to St. Louis. Hope this helps....

Trey
Veneficus Cruor
View Profile
New user
Orange, Texas
81 Posts

How do I get people to endorse me? I don't know anyone that's already in the IBM.
<BR>-Winston Churchill
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
370 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Hello Matt - where is Orange, Texas in relation to another large city? There are I.B.M. rings in many cities such as Dallas, Mequite, Austin, San Antonio, etc. If you can contact Sindie at the I.B.M. main office in St Louis, MO., she will gladly look up the closest ring to where you are. At that point you can contact the ring President or Secretary and ask to attend a meeting to ge to know the members. You might also ask Sindie who the Territorial Vice President is in that area and get in touch with him/her and ask for their assistance.

Hope this helps you.

Maria Ibanez
Veneficus Cruor
View Profile
New user
Orange, Texas
81 Posts

Thank you, I believe the closest large city is Beaumont, so it would be ok to contact the local ring member, and ask if they could endorse me, or if I could attend a meeting to get to know the members?
<BR>-Winston Churchill
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
370 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Hi Matt, you will find that most rings are very welcoming, and will, with open arms, welcome a potential new member. Drop a line to the I.B.M. International President, Phil Willmarth at President@magician.org and I am positive he will be of help on this as well. I will write Phil privately and let him know about your wish of joining, I was just on the phone with him and would have mentioned it if I had known you still had not been able to find a way to join.

Please fell free to let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Best regards

Maria Ibanez
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Matt -

Here is the contact information for the Beaumont Ring from the IBM website:

Beaumont, Texas
Ring 335
When: Meets 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30pm
Phone: 409-752-5267
Email: magician@yada-yada.com

You should contact them and attend a meeting. Once you meet some of the members, I am sure they will help you with your membership application.

Be sure to let me know if you need any further assistance.

Bill
magictwr
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of magictwr
Matt,
I have sent you a private email and will wait to hear from you. Thanks to Maria and Bill for their help.

Terry Richison
Veneficus Cruor
View Profile
New user
Orange, Texas
81 Posts

Thanks for all the help guys(and gals), its really appreciated Smile
<BR>-Winston Churchill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Joining=confusion....atleast for me. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL