The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Changing music around on the fly with a ipod (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I just got an ipod and I am considering changing over to the iQue2. I have the original iQue but it controls a mini disc player. I like the ability to change music order at a show if I need to. Is there a way to do this with the ipod. Any help would be appreciated.

Tim
magicguy22
View Profile
New user
Canada
32 Posts

Profile of magicguy22
From the apple website...to create an On The Go Playlist...

1. Navigate through the iPod menus to your "Music" Folder and find the song you want to add to your On The Go Playlist. Once you have found your song, hold the iPod centre button down until the blue bar on the song flashes. When the bar flashes, let go of the button. The song has been added to your On The Go Playlist.

2. To add additional songs, just browse to them and hold down the center button again.

3. To view the On The Go Playlist, browse the iPod menus to the “Playlists” Folder and press the centre button. Scroll to the bottom of the list to the “On-The-Go” playlist and press the centre button. There you will see the songs in the On The Go Playlist, listed in the order that you added them.

4. To save that playlist, scroll to the bottom of the list and choose “Save Playlist.” This will save the playlist in your “Playlists” menu as “New Playlist 1” (or 2 or 3, depending on the other playlists in the section). Once you’ve saved the playlist, the next time you sync your iPod with iTunes, it will be added to your computer. That’s where you can edit the playlist, give it a new name, re-arrange the order of songs, or delete it from your iPod.

seeya
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
Thanks magicguy. I looked on the apple website and could not find this.

what about rearranging a play list or removing a song from a playlist.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Nope...once your "on the go" playlist is set, you can't edit specific songs, but you can make as many "OTG" playlists as you need on there, and it only takes about 15 seconds!

Steve
digiquick
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney
114 Posts

Profile of digiquick
I am interested in this, is it a big point to be able to change tracks on the fly -
With Soundmaster you have 10 Random Playlists each with 1o Random accesable sounds or muic tracks, would it not be possible to forcast the range of changes that you might wish and programme prior to attending your show? - From my experience when I get to a sho the last thing I want to be doing is changing the order of my act or mucking about with sound files, so many other more important things to do

With Soundmaster you also have the choice of two Sequential tracks - If you needed to change the order or indeed add tracks then you would need access to a computer.

The Sounmaster works like a dream - a 12 button pen controller that adjusts sound levels - goes fwd - and back and of course 100 random access files - Get that explosion the second you want it

And Soundmaster can be operated from a special Thumb Tip so this really is hidden control - a 10 Button Sharpie can also be used, as can a special Magic wand that is configured in Random and Sequential Mode - This is a performers dream - I have been testing this now for a month - It is perfect - Hasnt missed a beat

It is upgrable - so it will not date- as new features come along just purchase an upgrade chip.

Operate many great tricks from the Sharpie - this is the profesional entertainers dream - Its manufactured by Cesaral and has a lifetime guarantee

This is available Now if you want details e mail me and I will send full specs

The Soundmaster Comes in Light Mode - Sequentiual only or Pro that's Sequential and random access of sound files. Relays are attatched to the unit which is small enought to be conceeled in a book, these soon will opperate many other things such as switches and motors - so as well as a sound system you will have a mobile control unit

Believe me this unit will be the standard sound operating system for entertainers within a very short time
JohnPizzi
View Profile
New user
NJ
81 Posts

Profile of JohnPizzi
I just purchased the Cesaral sound master from Cesar Alonso of (Cesaral Magic).
I had a VSM and was disappointed in the customer service as well as the setup.
Cesarl Sound master is far superior as well as setups up in a instant.
Also Cesar whom owns the company stands behind his product better than any biz I have ever seen. I told him I wanted to have a fade installed. He sent me a new unit with the fade installed .. No charge. Also Free upgrades,instant comunication and help online,He also offered me to call his cell etc..
If you want a small easy to setup and use music and sound effects on demand. This is the one. And I have tried them all..

feel free to inquire........ http://www.cesaral.com/Cesaral%20Soundmaster.htm

JohnPizzi.com
jpzent.com

Click here to view attached image.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
John,

You mentioned that you own a "VSM", but you didn't mention what product from them. I have both the VSM "iCue2" and the "iCue2 Soundbox PA", and couldn't be happier with either. They'll do everything I could ever need in any situation.

Changing tracks by creating another "on the go" playlist is so simple and fast.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Changing music around on the fly with a ipod (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL