The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Loops Vs. ??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dustin_The_Magic_Kid
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Dustin_The_Magic_Kid
Recently, I decided to buy invisble elastic thread from a local fabric store. It works pretty good if I am at a small distance away. However,what I want to know is, is there an advantage to buying the loops if I'm already getting a good reaction with the thread or am I best to stick with what works?
It's like that? I guess it's like that! OH YEAH!!! YEAH!! - wait, what are we talking about?
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
Well, if you don't have any problem handling the invisible thread, then just stick to it. With Loops you can be very close to the spectator. I have loops and I like them.
MagicAL47
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of MagicAL47
Where can you get invisible elastic? i looked at a fabric store and din't find anything
~Magic-Al~
Brady
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
235 Posts

Profile of Brady
Dustin,

I use IT and Loops. They are used for different effects. Loops are good for PK effects with light objects (forks, spoons, heavy pens). You can even do a quicky floating card or a quicky floating dollar effect. But if you want a more robust floating or levitating object routine, you will need IT or even kevlar IT for heavier objects.

Also look at the size of your audience. Loops is great for close-up and small groups, but you can do a presetation for a much larger audience with IT.

Just some thoughts.

Regards,

Brady
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
Hellow MagicAL47!

You can order the invisble elastic thread at magic shop. It is called "Ultra Elastic Thread" (200 foot lengths)

Koji
DADE
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland/Highlands.
166 Posts

Profile of DADE
Yeah, I prefer the loops also, they are a bit on the expensive side. I wasted about ten loops practicing some effects but they are worth it. Smile
Only when you've lost everything,are you free to do anything
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Loops Vs. ??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL