The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Tommy Kay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommykay
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of tommykay
Hello there, whoever reads these newbie messages.

My name is Tom, and I have been performing magic since Ms. Butzman let me call dozens of magic shows "book reports" in third grade (1968.)

I have been a member of three magic societies. I've been to a couple magic conventions, but not lately. I make many of my own props, gimmicks and gaffs, although I buy the stuff I can't easily make, like double backed cards, flash paper, etc. I prefer books to videos. I have never purchased a packet trick or packaged routine.

I performed infrequently when I lived in New York City, but we moved after the attack on the World Trade Center. I now live in a remote area of New Mexico along a mountain stream, which has its benefits.

My specialty is card and coin slights. After performing in a California bar a few weeks ago, a magician there said I was good enough to get into the Magic Castle. This comment among other things has reignited my interest in performance, although I'm not sure how to go about it from here.

My magic purchases last week were a Gregory Wilson DVD (breathtaking), a Gary Darwin DVD on ad-libs(wretched) and Tommy Wonder's two volume hard cover set, "The Books of Wonder" (which am a gobbling voraciously.)
Hello to all from New Mexico,

Very Cordially,

Tommy Kay
Veneficus Cruor
View Profile
New user
Orange, Texas
81 Posts

Profile of Veneficus Cruor
Welcome to the Café =D
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam.
<BR>-Winston Churchill
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Welcome to the Magic Café.

The Greg Wilson dvd is a wise purchase. Watch, learn and practice.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Welcome Tommy! Smile

Mountain stream... Mexico... Magic... life don't get much better than that Smile

Paul
tommykay
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of tommykay
Quote:
Mountain stream... Mexico... Magic... life don't get much better than that Smile

Here is a photo from the patio door of the small guest house I am building, in case my magic friends drop by.

Click here to view attached image.
RachelMilano
View Profile
New user
United States
83 Posts

Profile of RachelMilano
Welcome to the site.
I'd much rather regret something I've done than something I was too afraid to do. Have a great day. Rachel.
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Great photo! Good luck on Magic Castle. I understand that's quite an honor.
Gimpy
blackdeck
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
85 Posts

Profile of blackdeck
Welcome Tom. Enjoy the Café
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Tom,
Welcome to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has nearly 36.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
TheGreatGalling
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of TheGreatGalling
Hello and a great big welcome from the Café!! Don't hesitate to ask if you need any direction.

Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Tommy Kay (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL