The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Price differences ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dgiancaspro
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
116 Posts

Profile of dgiancaspro
I was thinking of buying the Brass Tri-Rod. I saw the effect demonstrated at Tannens in NYC and I thought it was good. Tannens wants $35.00 for it. Magic Pro Shop has the item for $24.95 and the Magical Warehouse has one for $18.00. These large price differences have me wondering if the items are the same quality. Any suggestions on shopping smart ?
"Mommy when I grow up I want to be a magician"
"Oh sweety you can't do both."
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3396 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
That's why we call the process shopping!

Best advice would be to contact dealer's and ask who is manufacturer for particular item's you are interested in. There is no harm in asking.

If they all get from the same place then go with the best price.

Generally, the more "name recognition" the dealer has the higher the prices. Or, the more overhead the dealer experiences, the higher the prices.

I had this experience with purchasing "Coin Purses". Ordered one (1) from Denny Magic for $10, and later found that Magic Pro Shop had same purse for $5.95 (I ordered 3 more from MPS).

Cheers!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Stanyon is right. Check to see if they are all made by the same manufacturer.

But it's not unusual for the Magic Warehouse to have prices substantially lower than some of the others.
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Just want to let you know that Magic Warehouse is a very good dealer. I ve had very good experience with them.

best,
Hirase Smile
In love with magic!
cegarcia
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of cegarcia
If you check EBAY they usually have them on auction. Picked mine up for $13.00.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
I would never want to take anything away from The Magic Warehouse (I'm sure their service is excellent!) but sometimes the cheapest price is not always the best deal!

There have been numerous threads from Café members who bought from dealers based only on price and then got 'screwed' because of poor customer service.

I suggest that you find a dealer your comfortable with and ask for a price match. If it's only a matter of a dollar or two, you may want to throw a bone to your dealer and not worry about the money...concentrate on the service.

My 2-cents (3-cents in Canada!)
William Holcomb
dgiancaspro
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
116 Posts

Profile of dgiancaspro
I e-mailed the dealers they're all selling the same manufacturer ... based on all the good press around here I'll go with the Magic Warehouse. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
"Mommy when I grow up I want to be a magician"
"Oh sweety you can't do both."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Price differences ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL