The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » War of the Worlds and Celebcadabra (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
I just finished watching War of the Worlds II, the Second Wave. Almost the entire cast of Celebcadabra was in it! What's with this? It was written, produced, and directed by C. Thomas Howell. It had quite a few people from Celebcadabra, including Murry, David Regal, Johnathon Levitt and that rapper guy.

If it was made before Celebcadabra, does that mean that Celebcadabra was rigged? If it was made after, man that was some sort of feat of movie making and distribution.

Anybody know any thing about it?
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Never heard of War Of The Worlds 2: The Second Wave. IS it an actual movie or something that you found on the SCIFI channel?
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Rocco never mentioned it. And he was involved from day 1.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
Rented it from Blockbuster last weekend. It's one of those direct to DVD movies. I wouldn't be suprised to see it on the SCIFI channel soon, cause it's that stupid.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Wow, just checked the IMDB web site and there it is/was.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183733/fullcredits#cast

I'll have to check it out.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2008-06-17 18:19, Bill wrote:
I just finished watching War of the Worlds II, the Second Wave. Almost the entire cast of Celebcadabra was in it! What's with this? It was written, produced, and directed by C. Thomas Howell. It had quite a few people from Celebcadabra, including Murry, David Regal, Johnathon Levitt and that rapper guy.

If it was made before Celebcadabra, does that mean that Celebcadabra was rigged? If it was made after, man that was some sort of feat of movie making and distribution.

Anybody know any thing about it?

It HAD to have been filmed well before Celebracadabra. Was Celebracadabra rigged? Probably not but I would say that some people got on the show through connections they had made filming the movie. Pretty interesting just the same.

The only people that I see on IMBD for the movie that are also on Celebracadabra are C Thomas Howell, Jonathan Levit, and Chris Reid. Were the rest you mentioned in really small bit parts? Are you sure Max Maven wasn't also in the movie, maybe as a alien?
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
It was made after Celebracadabra. Not before. Welcome to show business.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Wow! I didn't think they could shoot a movie and get it in the can that quick! I didn't see you on the credits Dave. Don't tell me that Tommy didn't offer you a spot in the movie David after all you did for him!

btw, congrats on the win! The celebrities won 100K, what did the magic instructors win?

Never mind. I just saw your post on the other topic where you mentioned that you had won 1000 decks or cards from Ellusionist.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My first thought was it was filmed after, how else would Tommy know these people?

I want to congratulate Tommy and Regal for winning. It was an odd show in that I knew half the magicians 'coaching' and had no clue who the other half were! I really enjoyed the show.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
David Regal has a small part and is mentioned in the credits. David was just here last week lecturing. He's still my favorite close up magician!

Congrats on the win, David. Will there be future Celebracadabra shows?
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
To tell you the truth, the version of "War of the Worlds" that impressed me the most was the RADIO version with Orson Welles. I know that Radio is Not visual, but the imagination makes up for it. I wish somebody would produce New radio-dramas. By the way, I don't suppose anyone at this forum was old enough during the 1930s to hear the original broadcast which triggered the panic? If so, it would be interesting to hear of his reaction to when it aired originally. But most likely, Nobody here is that old. Oh well.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
My mother was around. She said if anybody had believed it they were really stupid...as it was an obvious radio play and they even said it a few times.
Surprise! There aren't just stupid gullable people NOW they were around then too!
Whodathunk.

The movie company, The Asylum', specializes in FAST turnaround total rip off Z grade junk. They will hear about a movie coming out and have the rip off ready and in the can well before the release of the original. Which is why Snakes On A Train was in the vid store before the 'Plane' hit the theaters. The prey on Grandmas who want to get the latest movie and don't read the title very closely...see 'Transmorphers'...The rep in Hollywood is horrible as to pay and working conditions and they are attracting kids and techs who need to break in and will work for potato chips. Also many D list 'names' who have nothing else to do.

Some day they will accidently make a good movie and a HIT and that will be the end of that...althoyughn It never happened to Troma yet. When you see The Asylum...do not care....they didn't.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'll tell you what caused the 'panic' in a small area. When the original was broadcasted it was clearly announced that it was a radio play. Anyone listening to it from the get go knew this. In part of New York or, and I believe this is more accurate, New Jersey, there was a power outage over a wide area which caused them to miss the first part of the broadcast and the statements about it being a play which were at the very start and after an intermission. A few people in that area put the power outage plus the news style of the play together and thought something was really going on. I think the extent of the 'panic' was calls to the police and fire department and some people taking to the street just to see what was up.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Quote:
On 2008-06-17 19:00, Bill wrote:
Rented it from Blockbuster last weekend. It's one of those direct to DVD movies. I wouldn't be suprised to see it on the SCIFI channel soon, cause it's that stupid.

http://honestconman.blogspot.com/2008/01/mockbusters.html

I posted some AWESOME clips a few months back.

As well as Transmorphers, you can also see Snakes On A Train, The Da Vinci Treasure, Temple of Skulls, Alien Vs Hunter and I am Omega if you hit you tube or the asylum site http://www.theasylum.cc
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
I actually like some of there movies. Only because they're good campy fun.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » War of the Worlds and Celebcadabra (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL