The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What You Don't Know Can Kill You. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
If you are a male over the age of 40, you need to get a PSA Prostate exam.

Just a couple quick facts about Prostate cancer:

It's America's number 2 killer of men.

1) More than 186,000 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed this year - 10,500 in NYC alone.

2) 28,660 men in the U.S. will die of prostate cancer this year.

3) About 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with the disease during his lifetime.

4) Significantly, more than 1.8 million American men are survivors of prostate cancer.

Please go get the check up. Here in NYC it's free screening week. it only takes a few minutes and there is no pain involved. They just take a little blood, give you a snack and a drink and you are good to go.

If this post helps just one person...

Good luck!

P.S. Don't worry fellas, no fingers involved. (If you know what I mean...and I think you do).
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Thanks for the PSA, Justin...I have the big 4-0 coming up in about 2 1/2 weeks.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Wonderful... what do you mean no fingers... just the ultrasound... I bet my smarta** doc has a clear overlay to show selected cards on the screen. Much better than that thumbtip prank he's been threatening.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Aren't both of you guys from New York? Check the NY Daily News for locations of free screenings.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

LOL already been there and done that - I tell my urologist that his profession is the root of alien abduction stories among mid-westerners who just "don't talk about that stuff" but let out occasional details to the wives.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I'm from Southern California.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
No worries Lobo, it's Nor Cal where the exams get scary! Shoot man, I turned 50 in Sept so it's a whole different exam now!
*Ya gotta know that with this discussion and living in Cali there is just so much could be said about the newest law*
Ain't gonna touch that! Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Just remember, accepting a ring is not part of that ceremony - unless you pay extra.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Accepting no, proferring perhaps. Or is that exam a thing of the past? Another 10yrs to go here..
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2008-06-17 19:13, Justin Style wrote:
If you are a male over the age of 40, you need to get a PSA Prostate exam.

Just a couple quick facts about Prostate cancer:

It's America's number 2 killer of men.

1) More than 186,000 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed this year - 10,500 in NYC alone.

2) 28,660 men in the U.S. will DIE of prostate cancer THIS year.

3) About 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with the disease during his lifetime.

4) Significantly, more than 1.8 million American men are survivors of prostate cancer.

Please go get the check up. Here in NYC it's free screening week. it only takes a few minutes and there is NO pain involved. They just take a little blood, give you a snak and a drink and you are good to go.

If this post helps just one person...

Good luck!

PS. Don't worry fellas, no fingers involved. (if you know what I mean...and I think you do.)
I'm glad they finally came up with a new way to do this. Last time I had mine checked the old way, I nearly jumped up in the air. I would have, if my doctor hadn't been holding me down with both hands on my shoulders...
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
I'm glad they finally came up with a new way to do this. Last time I had mine checked the old way, I nearly jumped up in the air. I would have, if my doctor hadn't been holding me down with both hands on my shoulders...
Don

Now that's just wrong! But... on the positive side, you can now marry him in California! Ooops! Nope, not trying to start that discussion again!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
LMAO!!!
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm digging enough holes for
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
Had my first PSA Prostate exam a month or so ago. For now I'm A-OK.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Glad to hear! It didn't hurt in the least, did it?
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
My Dad has beaten prostate cancer. He had early detection from a blood test and immediate treatment. He's completely clear of cancer now and doesn't even have to go back for checkups.

Early detection was the key.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
That's great Vandy! I wish him continued health!

PS. Notice how that earlier post I made disappeared? lol!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-06-18 12:47, Justin Style wrote:
P.S. Notice how that earlier post I made disappeared? lol!

Keep it up and you'll disappear with it. lol!
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Oh,,,and if you are going to get the digital exam, go to a Male doctor. Believe me. The first time I got the finger by my regular doctor I was a little surprised...He said "okay drop 'em and bend over". I'm like, whoa doc what, no soft music? aren't you going to lower the lights and at least set the mood? No glass of wine or anything? How about a reach-around, a litle tickle? come on doc, something! lol!

So, the next time I had to have an exam I thought I would try a FEMALE doctor, WRONG ANSWER!!!

Wow! was this chick angry? did she hate men? Did I do something to make her upset? She treated me like I was the sourse of all her anger. I think I actually left there that day walking with a limp...lol

So for me, it's a male doctor from now on. I realize a man has GOT to be more sensitive to the procedure!

Good luck!

and...BYOB!
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
When my doctor made the switch from the annual "finger" to the blood test, I thought it was just because the magic was gone.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2008-06-18 14:24, airship wrote:
When my doctor made the switch from the annual "finger" to the blood test, I thought it was just because the magic was gone.

ROFLMAO!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What You Don't Know Can Kill You. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL