The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Struck Dumb (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
I have uploaded a video of me performing my struck dumb effect on youtube. I am
not completely happy with the performance but it shows that this material can
work.

Most likely to film this again for the demo video on http://www.mobiusmagic.com when this is
published.

I know the performance can be improved.

Please let me know what you think to this overall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnsFHNS4Cjc
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Nice.....but I hate the Card....

so would you be so kind to share this with me?
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
Mesmer do you mean you don't like the 9 of Spades? Or do you not like the use of cards?
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
I don't like the use of Cards....I rather had a Magic wand covered in Anthrax poke in to mye eyes, rather than to be seen with a deck of Cards...but that's just me

but I love the Premise of your Effect....love to see more
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
The principle could be used for different presentations. I used cards as something basic to apply this to. I do not mind using cards.

This is a rescripting of my previously published Not Speaking effect. The participant can now be told to TRY and tell everyone their card but find they can not do so because of your previous suggestion.
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Nice work, would love to see this effect more. Thanks for sharing.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Excellent vid, ive not seen a performance of that style of effect before, good to see.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Agreed with ya'll...

Like the premise...

I enjoyed the Stuck on the Floor manuscript.

I myself am in the process of eliminating cards from my close up set... Unfortunately. I just find they are so universal.

I like it though...

I too would like to see more...

for real.

MD
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
I will be filming some more of my magic soon.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Nice effect, the only people that have a problem with the use of cards are magicians, cards are an everyday object found it most homes. Now if you were to add a fancy flourish or shuffle, that is a seperate issue all togather.
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
534 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
Nice vid Fraser. Its nice to see you performing this. I've been performing your effect for a while now and I'm loving the impact they have. I've even got my own twists on some of them. Chat soon and I can tell you all about them!
Pete
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Thank you for sharing this. It is intriguing.
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
I did not mention this earlier but this method does NOT uses Stooges. There is NO need for induction or actual hypnosis and this can look very REAL to everyone.
dunlop
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, UK
201 Posts

Profile of dunlop
Very nice effect Fraser!!

Congratulations and thank you!

Nicolas.
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
This premise can be used as

-the spectator can not say the information/her lips is stuck
-the spectator experiences Amnesia
-the spectator experiences Halluciantion
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I thought it was a delightful clip and performance.

I always thought 'Stuck/Unable to speak' was a great little gem, reminiscent of and complementary to Meyer's 'Telepathy in Action' and all meshed particularly well with legit impromptu hypnosis demonstrations; (Anthony Jacquin's work 'Reality is Plastic' springs immediately to mind) and pseudo hypnosis demonstrations.

This type of work and material constitutes a huge part of my work and repertoire and I feel anyone interested in these kind of demonstrations would find value in 'Struck Dumb.'

Fraser, thank you for sharing.

Best,
Jerome
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Hope people like Frasier and Jerome is publishing their "Pseudo" Hypnotism Act to us...since I love "RAOK" and his Limited Edition "Tought Dial"..too bad my Premise/PErforming Character won't allow me to do Thelephaty/Mind Reading/Q&A in my Act.....but "RAOK" is GOLD....

Keep up the good Work Gents
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
I will be publishing 'Struck Dumb' soon through mobiusmagic. There is also a colour blind effect I am working on which fits in with the label of 'trance illusion'.

The wizard speaks a few words to someone and describes what it is they wish to happen if the magic is to take place. They remove a deck of cards and slowly rotate it in front of the spectators eyes letting them know that the card case shows the back design and colour of the deck. The spectator agrees that the colour of the deck is whatever colour you are showing them is on the box.

"I have a deck of cards. If you just look at the box for a moment. . . you can tell what colour the deck is from the back of the box. . ."

"Of course it is obvious that the colour of the deck is red!"

[It really is red]

The participant agrees that the colour of the deck is really red. Apparently your influence has not taken effect yet.

Now the performer waves their hand over the box and says the following words.

"So what colour, now. . . [pause] can you see the deck is?"

To which they reply with a different, totally imagined colour.

The deck is taken out of the box and fanned face down and they still say they can see the deck as a different colour, until the performer snaps their fingers and brings everything back to normal.

NO trick decks used. Deck is completely normal. NO Stooges or instant stooges. NO need for induction or actual hypnosis.

I will be filming this soon along with some more of me performing 'Struck Dumb'.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Fraser,

the color blind effect sounds great. Be sure to give us a heads up when it is available.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
Thank you for your nice comments on the video and for your support of my work.

I will let everyone know when my colour blind effect is available if this does get published. I may share this with a few others here first to see what they think to it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Struck Dumb (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL