The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Goldstein V. Nantucket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
So...I was out busking tonight and my usual pitch was taken (rotten scoundrels)... as I was looking for a suitable pitch I ran into this guy that new a whole heckofalot about Goldstein V. Nantucket, he starts to inform me of many things pertaining to the legalities or what have you of street performing.

Turns out I'm talking to the Troubadour...the man himself folks! Mr. Goldstein himself, all the way from Nantucket!!!

I have a new friend who is willing to help me out if ever I need it...TOO COOL!!!

:)

I love busking!
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
cenafreak0709
View Profile
New user
Memphis
59 Posts

Profile of cenafreak0709
Nice man!
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey Johnny, so let us know;... are we all a bunch of criminals!?!!!! What is our `legal´ status, in the States?? It would maybe be nice to start getting together a Data Bank, here; in The Sidewalk Shuffle, of all the known Cases, Decisions, and Legislation; WORLD-WIDE!, pertaining to what we´re doing. The information is there, and usually in our favor; but often hidden, forgotten, or simply neglected.

Tell us a little more about what you heard/ found out. ,... geese, maybe we won´t have to where MASKS anymore!!

all the best,
gallagher
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Aw man. Now I have to go dig out the article on busking that ran in Magic magazine. In a sidebar, he gave a number of pro-busking decisions.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I just find it so interesting the many types of people you meet while working the streets, it still boggles my mind to think that it truly is a small world after all.
<BR>I never inhale Smile
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
No need to find an old article.... I've already answered ALL of these questions & concerns in several of my posts here, as well as those same legal citations Mr. G. would have told you about.

I spend half my time here shaking my head at you guys. If I were hawking a new leather pouch or DVD you'd climb all over it. But show you how, when and where to help yourself legally; help you learn your rights under the law, etc., and it's nothing but the sound of crickets.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Not to seem rude, but probably because that takes actual scut-work. With very little guarantee of results.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Chance, when I met Mr. Goldstein and realised who I was talking to and what he was talking about I immediatly thought of you and all the advice you've given here at the Café.

It's a small fricken world that's for sure, it was a trip to meet him!

He gave me his phone number in case I ever need advice with legal issues concerning busking...righteous dude!
<BR>I never inhale Smile
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
He's not THE man from Nantucket is he? Smile

TURTLES!

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Goldstein V. Nantucket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL