The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Best silk routine! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
I like performing the Chameleon silks with comedy patter. It packs flat for stage or even close up.
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
DeYip Loo doing the Kuma Tubes.
Beautiful.

:D
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Geoff Ray
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Geoff Ray
I like Blendo, 20th century silks and any nice silk production. I also produce a spring flower bouquet from a silk
Marcus Taylor
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Marcus Taylor
My three favourites haver got to be:-
Blendo
Silk to Egg
Card and Silk (although not entirely a silk effect, still brilliant!)
Smile
Magically Yours,

Marcus Taylor

marcus-magic@hotmail.com
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I love the new effect on the market form P and A silks used for Children's parties. It is similar to mismade flags in effect, but all themed around the children helping you create a snowman. Of course they throw the snowballs up at you and you catch them on your silk. They are not in any odfer, so the children help you arrange them properly. It has a lot of by=play and funny bits of business before you finally get it right. It is called "Frankie the Snowman" and really gets a lot of repsonse and reaction from family style crowds. Dress the kid up in a big scarf and mittens and you have yourself a funny routine that plays big. Check it out as I am sure you all may enjoy it if you do family style shows.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Dave Campbell
View Profile
New user
Naperville, IL
51 Posts

Profile of Dave Campbell
Acrobatic Silks or 20th century silks (or a variation of) are probably my favorites....
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
I enjoy:

Using a mirror glass, produce a Color Changing Silk. Do the color change. Vanish the silk with a hanky pull possible combined with flash paper.

Very visual!

Regards.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I don't know the half-dyed silk routine. Where can I get it? Thanks.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My favorite silk routine is still sympathetic silks. People still remember Mismade Flag best after the show.

But my best playing silk routine is my remake of the Soft Soap routine in which I shoot holes in the silks and wash them out. Stephon Johnson traded me that effect nearly twenty-five years ago and it still plays best of all my silk routines. And because the silks and gimmicks were custom made, I still have to have custom made boxes. That part gets to be a pain. I must have performed it 3000 times.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Sympathetic silks
20th century silks
Slydini silks

A silk fountain is really nice when you use a final load such as a dove.
Daniel Faith
DwightPA
View Profile
Regular user
Dwight Powell
113 Posts

Profile of DwightPA
JamesinLA
Jim,
You may be referring to Michael Kaminskas's "Half A Miracle". I think it's a great effect and have a lot of fun performing it.

My last contact with him was nearly 3 years ago and his email address was:
mkmagic@goeaston.net

If that is not active, you might try a Google search for him.

Dwight Powell
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Sympathetic Silks
20th Century Silks
Thru The Dye Tube (various effects)

Palmo, Johnson Dye Tubes, Mirror Goblet (MAK), and TT are my tools.

Haven't done anything for a while...maybe oughtta break 'em out and play....hmmmm

Doug
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
To be your best silk routine, you have to actually perform it. Otherwise, they are really just supplies for a silk routine. Silk routines pack small and play big. They add color, movement, and visual excitement to the show. Every show needs one! (OK, mentalists, just assume you do and convey that thought.) People remember silk routines as being exclusively magic.

Give your self a break and put them in your act.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I do the Silk to Egg, Comedy Color changing Hank, and Duke's Dye Version.

The late Great Duke Stern really made a great effect in this trick. If you don't know it 5 silks transform into 50 foot streamer. Talk about playing big.

I end my banquet act with Abbott's Duke's Dye Verion. I think it is the best trick for kids and adults alike. Plus this leaves you for perfect cover to produce a large object at the end.

Anyone know where I can get a roll of 13" shelving paper? That is what Duke's trick uses as a tube. Since the plastic market took over kitchens I cannot find this paper in stores on the Web.

Bill Smile
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Bill, You, Pete Brio, and me seem to be the last people around that know about and use Duke’s Dye Version! It is a strong and stage filling trick! Lots of magic and a killer ending!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Harry,

It is a killer effect, I found the original routine in Linking Ring Magazine Parade. It added little things that are missing from Abbott's instructions. I figured out to perform it in a small banquet setting as well as a stage. It never fails to go over. I always attemp to pick the most attractive lady audience members that look stylish. This way they look like my assistants across the stage.

I use a Rice's 15' streamer, and Rice's 15" silks.

Bill Smile
Shadowzen
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Shadowzen
You might also consider putting silk thru the microphone stand (or any pole) into your routine. Most people are satisfied with productions/vanishes, and never think to add a penetration.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
You have to have a good reel to do a penetration like that. Unfortunately, no one has yet convinced me that there's anything even CLOSE to the quality of the George Kirkendall reel. All others I've tried are noisy, spring breaks, can't take it apart and do "maintenance"..etc.

The old P & L sounds close, but I'm still in the "search" mode for one built today, that you don't have to pay $100 for.

Doug
tkuhns
View Profile
Regular user
Kirksville, Missouri
134 Posts

Profile of tkuhns
20th Century Silks - every show I ever do.
Thumb tip vanish

Also, Tenyo makes an EXCELLENT dye tube that rolls up in a piece of paper. The trick is durable, easy to do, there's no palming involved, and it even fools my wife!
peter teagle
View Profile
Regular user
Redditch, UK
195 Posts

Profile of peter teagle
Can anybody give me a review of Slydini's Knotted Silks routine, please. I've seen some very brief posts on the topic but not a comprehensive review, despite doing a search!

Thanks, guys!

peter
"technique is science.
the application of technique is art."

peter teagle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Best silk routine! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL