The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cell phone on your belt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
Well, when I'm doing whatever I use the belt clips for my cell phone. It's too freaking hot to wear a coat with nice pockets to put it in.

It's a matter of convenience for me. Too bad if someone doesn't like it. I hate it when my pockets are over flowing with keys, wallet, change, and cell phone. And a pen sometimes. And whatever trinkets I pick up from the day's adventures.

And I thought those blue tooth head sets were really fancy hearing aids for a LONG time.
Trapeze above the Grand Canyon. Be impressed.
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
AND, texting...

My mom says every female she sees making a left turn is texting. She wants a P.A. system to yell at people.
Trapeze above the Grand Canyon. Be impressed.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
In Finland we have had a law that requires the use of hands-free device while driving for quite some time. I don't know how well it is enforced though. I am quite happy with the bluetooth earpiece I use. I do find it funny when people use the earpiece everywhere.

As for cellphone on one's belt...its generally a joke here that only rednecks wear it on their belt. And it looks tacky.
Sent from my Typewriter
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On 2008-06-21 11:05, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 22:00, Dave Scribner wrote:
Here in New Jersey, they just recently passed a law prohibiting driving while talking on a hand held cell phone. Too much of a distraction but not many people follow the law. There aren't enough cops on the road to stop everyone.

Strange law though. You can't use a hand held cell phone but it's ok for a woman to apply makeup and a man to shave. It's also ok to read something while driving.

I passed a car the other day and the driver was applying makeup with one hand and had a cigarette in the other. No hands on the wheel and this was on the highway. That seems to ok.

Back on topic, cells phones on a belt are common here. Most guys don't like to cary them in their pockets and the belt is convenient.

Actually it's not. I think it's considerned "driving to endanger" although why that doesn't fit in with cell phones so they need a special law is beyond me.

I had a cell phone belt holder once. My cell phone slipped out of it and I never saw it again.

Of course I was being sarcastic. I know it's not ok to do all those things while driving. I was just making a point of how the distraction laws are not totally enforced.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cell phone on your belt (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL