The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Phork (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
ponchito
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of ponchito
I have just recived PHORK and I think is great.
I´m agrre with those who think that a supply of normal matching forks could be great.
I have a suggestion for you Jay: You all ready know the technnology of memory metal, and PHORK its a graet example, maybe now you can produce spoons and forks with different shapes and twists.
Imagine the posibilities of bend different pieces of cutlery in a lateral bend, curl, upwards, downwards...!!!
Ok, just a suggestion from a satisfied "spoon (fork) bender".

Ponchito
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Ponchito,

Thanks for your input and for appreciating Phork.

We are committed to offer you the best 'bending line'. We have been receiving a lot of great endorsements,and also some ideas. Thanks everyone. For that reason, and because everyone seems to be enjoying Phork so much, we will have more surprises for all of you this year. Our goal is to provide you with the best you can get. Stay tuned!
cytoplasm
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of cytoplasm
This is my first posting on here but thought it would be helpful to publish my findings having just received Phork.

I live in the UK and purchased phork from Mike Danatas Magic Studio for the very reasonable price of £230 including special delivery. I have waited until now to post a review as I wanted to give myself enough time to get familiar with phork.

I am very pleased with the product, Jay has done a fantastic job with this one. The quality is superb…it really does look just like a regular fork and not a cheap or fake magic prop.

I think it is important for anyone using or thinking of using this effect to firstly get yourself a decent metal bending routine on DVD something that’s well taught and of high quality ….there are a few on the market but in my opinion they don’t get much better than Banacheks famous “Psychokinetic Silverware”

Next get down to the dollar store or pound shop, depending on which part of the world you’re from, and buy a bunch of cheap forks then practice, practice, practice until you feel completely comfortable and confident in performing the routine effectively.

I believe that this is the most effective way to use phork…. as a closer to your existing metal bending routine rather than as a stand alone effect. It is also worth finding a similar looking fork and having this pre-bent to the same shape a phork ends up so you can switch phork out after initial examination by the spectators. This serves two purposes… firstly it enables the spectators to take home a nice souvenir and more importantly it prevents the likelihood of some curious spectator deciding to try and straighten phork which, as owners would know, could damage the product if not done correctly.

I have read many reviews with suggestions of having duplicate forks as accessories. I agree that this would be beneficial, however simply presenting phork when mixed in with various different forks is absolutely fine and works a treat for me.

I have performed the effect a couple of times now and on both occasions the reactions were fantastic. In both presentations I first used techniques learned from Banacheks DVD and as a super clean, highly visual and killer convincer, I closed the routine with phork. This to me is the ultimate closure to any metal bending routine, it doesn’t get any better than this.

Final thoughts…. An extremely well made professional tool for mentalists and anyone wanting to take their metal bending routine to new heights.
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi cytoplasm,

Thanks for the review, I'm happy to see you are pleased with it. My main goal is to make sure everyone is satisfied with it.

Please keep the reviews coming I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and feedback after you received your unit. Send all your ideas or suggestions, they will improve Phork owner's experience and add more value to the product.

Thanks

Jay Crowe
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2008-07-14 08:20, Jay Crowe wrote:
Hi Ponchito,

Thanks for your input and for appreciating Phork.

We are committed to offer you the best 'bending line'. We have been receiving a lot of great endorsements,and also some ideas. Thanks everyone. For that reason, and because everyone seems to be enjoying Phork so much, we will have more surprises for all of you this year. Our goal is to provide you with the best you can get. Stay tuned!

Is a key in the future Jay?
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Candin,

We do not plan to release a key as we already have a very good one on the market from Yves.
At this time we cannot disclose what we are working on. Shhhhhh Smile
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Phork sounds really cool! I am sure it's a great addition to a spoon bending routine. Nice work, Jay.

I look forward to seeing what's coming down the pipes! Smile

Sean
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-07-16 05:47, Jay Crowe wrote:

At this time we cannot disclose what we are working on. Shhhhhh Smile

Hmmm!

How about a bending NAIL? Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi guys,

Who knows? Or maybe something even better? Who knows...
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-07-16 09:10, Jay Crowe wrote:

Who knows? Or maybe something even better? Who knows...

OK, on a more serious note. Since you have already succeeded in controlling and stabilizing the Nitinol alloy under a wide temperature variation, why not think of making a nice antique looking GHOST KEY. You will have two effects with a single prop - The Ghost Key effect & the Bending Key effect. The effect(s) will play well under a Séance setup.

Just a thought! Smile Smile

Smile
P.S. Don't forget to give me credit for the !DEA. Smile Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
That's a nice idea Ustaad but to make it real, it would not be a seance but a nightmare, believe me Smile
It's not easy at all to manufacture items made of memory metals, it's very very difficult, there is a lot of processes involved on the manufacturing of this props, but we are working on new projects that will please everyone Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Any updates on the new product being developed
cheerz
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Hi Jay,

did you had a chance to ask your manufacturer to make some non-gimmicked forks?

If you can supply those I will probably buy a couple PHORKS. Smile
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Jay,

I've been following this thread and it looks like PHORK is a great prop and asset to those of us who practice metal bending. It seems that it allows us to do what we've been PRETENDING to do for a very long time; in other words, a metal bender's dream come true.

However, that being said, I have read a post by davidlai308, about its effectiveness in the South East Asian part of the world. I live in Singapore/Brunei and I can tell you that these parts of the world (including Malaysia, where David Lai is from) have higher average room temperatures than the Western regions of the globe. And since PHORK relies on the principle of working in a specific temperature range, using PHORK in South East Asian regions (unless at higher altitudes with cooler temperatures or otherwise) is almost impossible.

Jay, if you could somehow fix this and perhaps produce a 'South East Asian Region Version' or something similar, you would not only widen your market, but you'd allow us magicians in the tropics the same privilege of making a metal bender's dream come true.

Congrats once again on your success with this item my friend!

Take care,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Doruk Ülgen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ülgen
Quote:
On 2008-08-24 00:52, Silvio Solaris wrote:
Hi Jay,

did you had a chance to ask your manufacturer to make some non-gimmicked forks?

If you can supply those I will probably buy a couple PHORKS. Smile

that's a great point Silvio, I wonder this questions answer too...
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Silvio and Doruk,

When we were developing Phork, we committed ourselfs to release a high quality product at a low price, to make it affordable to most of the professionals. We believe that the manufacturer's price of ungimmicked units is not very reasonable, and nobody would pay that much for an ungimmicked version.

Like I explained to Silvio, there is a routine by Banachek included on the DVD that teaches you how to give away bent forks to your spectators. If you have several forks on the table along with Phork, nobody will tell the difference. And I can tell you this from my personal experience. Plus there are a lot of regular forks out there that will be very similar to Phork. So why pay more for "official" ungimmicked versions?

I hope this makes sense as we ALWAYS try to be honest and fair with the community. We would never release something at an absurd high price when it makes no sense to charge that much to our customers for regular forks.

Hi Logan,

That would be possible, but there is a considerable HIGH cost to manufacture in small quantities, this means that we could only release such version if we had many pre-orders.

Planet earth temperature is different from place to place, and after several years studying the best options, we decided to release what we believe to be the closest match to any "room temperature".

If you have any more questions, please just ask.

Best Wishes

Jay Crowe
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Jay,

That's understandable. As it is, I know a lot of money must have gone into the development of the current prop and major congrats to you on that!

In that case, you might want to add a note to the product description that it might not work in hotter regions. That way, consumers around the globe can make educated decisions and would not be heart broken when they discover that it might not work where they are. Just a thought Smile

Perhaps sometime down the line, Who's Magic will produce a 'Hotter' version of it (literally!), who knows!

Stay safe Jay,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Logan,

In fact we just received last week some prototypes of something new we are developing along these lines. I'll do our best to make sure that this will work under hotter conditions Logan.

We always try to acommodate the needs of our customers, and I'm sure that sooner or later you'll have something that will suit what you are asking for Smile
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Having just received Phork I have to say that it is brilliant. It can lie on your table with other forks and its there when you need it to enhance your MB Routine or empower a spectator.
This solves all the issues I had with the original MM Forks. They were only suitable for a quick insert shot on television and very difficult to work with as part of a set. The magic tended to want to happen a bit prematurely if you know what I mean.
This is just fantastic.

David Penn
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
175 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
Deleted, was meant to be a PM

Quote:
On 2008-06-21 21:25, Jay Crowe wrote:
Hi Adam,

Thanks for your nice comments regarding Phork.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions at all regarding the effect. I'll be able to provide you all the details about it.

Cheers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Phork (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL