The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Phork (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12060 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
"Temperature conditions: Start 22ºC (72ºF) / Finish 30ºC (86ºF) This means that Phork will only complete the bending if the room temperature is over 86ºF. A regular room is never over 86ºF, you can reach 86ºF outside on a hot summer day."

I was referring to the above Jay. Is this a contradiction? Not trying to be smart but I perform in both conditions.

I would assume you meant body temperature from the AD but just want to be sure.

Thanks

Candin
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Candin,

The above means that Phork will slowly start to bend at 72ºF and will finish the bending cycle when temperature is above 86ºF. Like explained, a room temperature is never as hot as a summer day. But if you take it outside in a hot day, yes it will obviously bend.

For extreme hot conditions we have also included a cryogenic pouch, but to be honest with you, I never use it. Phork can remain straight for more than a day without bending.

Candin, If you have any more questions at all please feel free to email me, I want to make sure that Phork suits your performance conditions: jay@whosmagic.com

Thanks
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12060 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Jay, that clears it up. Smile
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Finally, a fork that will work in Malaysia , that has room temperatures of 30 C ...
I have to ask though , how much will the fork bend ?( a rough description ) To be honest , the demo video is not THAT spectacular , have the thought of making a better one ? What happens when a spectators takes the for and starts bending it ?

-David Lai
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi David,

Look at the second trailer, last bending, and you'll see how much it bends. If that doesen't looks good, then I'm crazy!

Cheers
aukt
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of aukt
How examinable is it afterwards, I mean, if the spec spontaneously starts manhandling it roughly, is there any danger of damage?

I love psi key, since it's so totally examinable after. I wonder if it's possible for me to get the same chrome finish on my psy key?
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi auktionman007,

Phork has been designed to look like a real fork, it's 1.60mm thick. If you want any metal object to be "unbendable" it must be very very thick. More thick than what we have created, it would not look like a real fork. I hope this makes sense for you.

If you perform it to your spectators like you see on the first trailer - the girl holding with both hands - there's no danger. Because the spectator feels that they are "helping". Also the phork itself is already is very thick, this means two things:

a) It looks exactly like a real phork and it's not suspicious in any way
b) cannot be easily stretched by the spectators

As performers we should always have full control over our props, even if they can "fully examine it". It's our job to manage our audience.

In the end, if you perform it like I suggested, you'll have no issues at all.

Regarding the Chrome finish, I can only answer for my product: like previously explained we have a very strict quality control process, and every single unit of our Phorks is tested and polished for many days to get that wonderfull look.

If you have any more questions, just drop me a line.

Cheers
aukt
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of aukt
Anyone own this?
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2121 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
I bought 3.

For decades, I've been using crude, self-designed, memory metal spoons in my one man show -- Modern Man & X-Ray Vision. While they worked fine, they were hard to keep cool, and they never quite looked right. But, from the stage, it all looked fine.

Jay has solved ALL the problems. This looks like a real fork. Stays flat at room temperature. STUNNING.

My presentation is entirely "hands off" and NOTHING comes close to PHORK as being the ultimate example of excellence in this genre.

Ben Harris
(author: Gellerism Revealed)
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I still have one BRAND new Phork for sale at $310.00 SHIPPED
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
After Ben's post, I'd raise the price!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Ben made me smile the first time he sent me an email.

It's hard to describe what I felt when I received his email telling me how much he loved Phork. I'm honoured by all the compliments that I have received after the release of Phork. To all of you THANK YOU for letting me share Phork with you.

As always, any questions about it please email me at jay@whosmagic.com

Cheers
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1129 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
HI All,

Just been playing around with Phork after it arrived yesterday. WOW this thing is beautiful! Jay you must have worked hard to bring this to the stage it is now, I'm surprised there isn't a lot more interest in this product as it really is the 'state of the art' and blows away previous versions (Yuval's, Super Rex, etc). I have worked out a different way to execute the bend - my hand remains completely still throughout the bend and all that is seen is a flat fork that gradually becomes a bent fork. I do not use any rubbing motions or any movement at all during the bend. I'm sure lots of variations will emerge but I have to say I am particularly pleased with the 'stillness' bend. Simplicity of effect at it's best!

I am hoping Jay will extend on 'Phork' and perhaps consider developing a range of gimmicked and ungimmicked cutlery that all matches as a set. I have already been on the lookout for matching cutlery and will continue searching. If anyone discovers a closely matching ungimmicked set, please post here so all 'Phork' owners can benefit.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Al,

Thanks for your nice comments. Comments like yours make me glad for all those sleepless nights.

I literally become obsessed with the idea of making it as perfect as I could. I even tested the finger temperatures of a group of volunteers. We created MANY prototypes with different thicknesses, temperatures, look, feel, etc before releasing what you see today. Like you say Al, it really is HARD WORK. We had many obstacles but I didn't slept until I made it as perfect as possible.

So, I can say with confidence that every single Phork user will be 100% satisfied with their purchase, this is a professional tool that is now being used by some of the top pro's in magic. We did it for you - the WORKERS out there.

Banachek, shared some ideas about it, (thanks Banachek!) and allowed me to post his thoughts:

"If one wants to touch less, I would suggest putting a heating pad in your pants pocket or heating pouch (the chemical kind that heats up).

I would also suggest having two hosts or one hold the ends and the other rub the center so you are hands off. Or one could hold it in the center all by herself and rub.

Another thing if in a situation that the bend will take time, have one host hold it in her palm as and finger on the center (fork upside down) as do another bend, come back to her ask if it bent at all. It will have, then you can have her rub it or you can and speed it up. What a convincer to anyone else. If on TV have them do a box in box with her down on the bottom as you do the other bend. State sometimes other things bend when you are doing bends. Have audience take out metal items as well and surely someone in the audience will claim theirs bent to. Great thing here is you have the visual evidence of it happening to strengthen the other audience bends.

Along your lines, on my DVD I have a very visual bend where the fork bends in my hands as they rub it. Instead of the head being on the palm, the head is gripped between the fingers and the hand opened slowly and the handle raises up. It would simulate exactly what the Phork does.

As a result, you could do this bend in your hand as the spectator has the PHORK and holds in the same way and rubs it as you do. Their fork will bend slower than yours but will bend and this would be shocking. Especially on a TV show."

Thanks and keep the fun with Phork Al!

Enjoy guys!
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
I always want to own a piece of memory metal product and Phork really impressed me!

Perhaps the nicest thing of memory metal is that the bend can happen on the hand of the spectator, while the majority metal bending happens in the perform's hand.
Letting them to believe they can use their own power to bend metal.

Sometimes I have aggressive audience grab my bent fork and bend it back for me. I'd be fainted if they do it to my phork.

Jay I really think you should include some standard matching forks like others suggested so that I can switch it. Since I end my metal bending with the fork/spoon bend 180 degrees that they cannot turn back, which can be given away as a souvonir!

Bob
Best Regards,

Bob
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your comments about Phork.

We are working on the possibility of releasing an acessory kit. But it's very easy to find regular phorks that look like Phork. Because Phork, looks exactly like any common fork.

Cheers
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5905 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-07-09 02:33, Canadian Guy wrote:
Too bad EVERYTHING else this company has released is GARBAGE

May be . . . it depends on ones own individual likings and preferences.

. . . but as of date, Phork is one of the best designed Memory (Nitinol) alloy cutlery. It surpasses all the rest out there. Phork has overcome (almost) all the drawbacks that were there in the previous models including the shape of the (fork's) stem.

Fully knowing the characteristics of Nitinol, I look at this as a great achievement. I don’t think one will soon see a better product than Phork. For now Phork rules & is the ultimate gimmick for such kind of magic.

I am sure you will agree to the above. Smile

Best regards,

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Ustaad,

Thanks for your words.

If you ever decide to get one Ustaad please let me know the feedback, I'd love to hear yours and everyone else experiences with it.

Thanks for the support guys, I deeply appreciate your interest.

Jay
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5905 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi Jay,

You're most welcome. Smile

With kind regards,

Narendra

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
My guarantee is that every single owner of Phork will be 200% satisfied with it. If you don't just email me and I'll take care of it. I'm making a big statement here.

Don't listen to what I'm saying, just email any magic shop owner and ask them for their opinion, email the pros, or the owners of Phork and then make your decision.

My job here is only to guarantee that Phork suits your needs and meets your expectations.

If you have any specific questions or concerns please feel free to email me Cheers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Phork (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL