The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Phork (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
737 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
Quote:
On 2009-03-05 20:04, mindcontroller wrote:
Deleted, was meant to be a PM

Quote:
On 2008-06-21 21:25, Jay Crowe wrote:
Hi Adam,

Thanks for your nice comments regarding Phork.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions at all regarding the effect. I'll be able to provide you all the details about it.

Cheers

Well, since you brought it up, I am very happy with my Phork. It has been very effective for my lay audiences as well as magicians. It seemed like a big investment at first, but it has replaced all my previous methods of fork bending.

Charlie
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
ponchito
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of ponchito
Jay!
Where are you?
Do you have new products yet?

Regards

Ponch
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Hello all! I just ordered a Phork (wow, don't say that in the office!!!)

Well, it's due to arrive on Monday actually, but can someone please tell me what this "freezing spray" is so I can try to obtain it locally before it arrives?

Thanks much!

CPH
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
737 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-06-07 01:48, Zaprig1 wrote:
Hello all! I just ordered a Phork (wow, don't say that in the office!!!)

Well, it's due to arrive on Monday actually, but can someone please tell me what this "freezing spray" is so I can try to obtain it locally before it arrives?

Thanks much!

CPH

You don't have to order it. You can get it at Walmart or a drugstore. One can will last a long time
May every day be magic!

Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Mister,

I just returned from America's largest Hardware and pharmacy, Home Depot, and Walgreen's, not to mention the largest Superstore in the midwestern US, Meijer. In all cases when asking for a "cooling spray" I was looked at like a martian.....really from Mars! I personally looked in all areas possible as well to no avail.

What's it called and who makes/sells it?

Thanks!
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
737 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-06-08 22:01, Zaprig1 wrote:
Mister,

I just returned from America's largest Hardware and pharmacy, Home Depot, and Walgreen's, not to mention the largest Superstore in the midwestern US, Meijer. In all cases when asking for a "cooling spray" I was looked at like a martian.....really from Mars! I personally looked in all areas possible as well to no avail.

Thanks!

I have my can right here in front of me and here is the info you need: It is made by MG Chemicals of Toronto, Canada. It is called "Super Cold 134", cat. no. 403A-285g. The price tag is still on my can and it reads $8.99. The can says it weighs 10 oz (285g) and that is probably a lifetime supply. Unfortunately, the label does not indicate what store I bought it in and I just don't remember exactly where I purchased it, but I do remember that it was easily found and purchased. I hope this helps you. If not, let me know and I'll do some hunting for you.
May every day be magic!

misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
737 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-06-08 22:01, Zaprig1 wrote:
Mister,

Thanks!

I REMEMBER NOW WHERE I BOUGHT IT!!!!! I purchased it at a store called Frye's. Frye's is a large electronic store here in California. If you don't have that particular store where you are, try any store that sells products for electronics needs. Apparently the "cold spray" is used when technicians are working on printed circuits. Let me know how you make out. If you can't find any, I'll mail you one.
May every day be magic!

Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2324 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I don't think it is legal to mail the cooling spray. It is sold at virtually any retail electronic components outlet.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
737 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-06-09 00:25, willowtaylor wrote:
I don't think it is legal to mail the cooling spray. It is sold at virtually any retail electronic components outlet.

Christopher

Thanks for the input on mailing. It should be available locally.
Chas
May every day be magic!

Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1507 Posts

Profile of Jared
I've found the cooling spray at Radio Shack for about $10 a can. I'm actually selling my Phork (listed on the Café right now for just $225.00) if anyone is interested in having a spare. The effect is really strong but it just doesn't meet my performing conditions because I perform primarily walk-around.

Jared
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Thanks all and Mister for your kind offer to ship me a can, but this is considered hazardous material.

Jared, I got your advice after posting this question. I was able to get a can at Radio Shack (only 4.5oz though) for $10.50. Curious, has anyone seen anything remotely close to such a spray in a pharmacy that would be used by athletes etc?

Thanks!
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
737 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-06-09 20:17, Zaprig1 wrote:
Thanks all and Mister for your kind offer to ship me a can, but this is considered hazardous material.

Jared, I got your advice after posting this question. I was able to get a can at Radio Shack (only 4.5oz though) for $10.50. Curious, has anyone seen anything remotely close to such a spray in a pharmacy that would be used by athletes etc?

Thanks!

The first can I bought was not from a pharmacy but it was from a sports store for use by atheletes to soothe sore muscles. I guess the cold spray helps to sooth the ache. When I used it, however, not only was it not cold enough, it filled the room with a BEN GAY oder that would not go away. I was unsure how to work the BEN GAY smell into my act and patter, but fortunately I found the oderless one elsewhere. The BEN GAY spray cool can now sits in my medicine cabinet waiting for a sore muscle or cramp. I tried it on my wife when she complained about a lower back pain, but she was so shocked by the instant freezing cold spray that I was ordered never to use that spray on her aches and pains again........That can cost more than the one I finally ended up with too. Geeeez.
May every day be magic!

Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Mister,

Yeah, I found the same stuff at my pharmacy, but luckily I popped the top off to take a whiff first! There's usually oils and aloe etc. in those sprays too.

Jay recommended this stuff to me, but like you, I'm at a total loss as to why a fork would have such an odor and how I would explain that to a spec. On the other hand certain people would probably run home after the show and grab some Ben Gay to see if they could bend forks with it!!!

Ha.....I just made myself belly laugh!!!;)
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
You do not need cooling spray. If you use the compressed air cans they sell to clean keyboards, it will have the same effect. Just hold the can upside down.

Please note: I am not an expert on pressurized gases or these sorts of products. Your actions are your own responsibility. I will not be responsible for any damage done to yourself, your property or others. Attempt at your own risk.

Brad Henderson
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Brad,

That actually had crossed my mind, but didn't want to risk hurting the prop in case it wasn't cold enough.

Cooling spray is -62 F. I don't have a can of compressed air, but does it indicate temp etc.?

Thanks!
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
It does not. You are using it in an off label manner (hence my warning). However it is cool enough and it has not damaged the unit I have.
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Thanks again for the alternative Brad! Of course that is much more plentiful, and economical!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Phork (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL