The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Phork (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
aukt
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of aukt
Emailed you
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12060 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Pretty awesome guarantee. The kind you do not see much anymore.
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
958 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Hi Guys I have recieved PHORK and I will tell you its worth much more than the asking price.... This is a beautiful thing. I have been using it at the end of a short metal bending routine as the "ultimate test".. this combined with other methods completely makes your metal bending look impossible.

I am filming a dvd on metal bending, which will include new practical ideas/displays of mine that I have kept to myself for a loooong time... performance only demonstrations of Key Accessory and others will also be included..

I have included a section entirely on the psyhcology of metal bending and why it continues to facsinate people to this day.. in this section I will include PHORK, as it would mimic real metal bending.

If my life was on the the line and I HAD to convince someone I could really bend forks... phork is what I would use.

If you buy this, you should not regret it.

happy bending,
Andrew Gerard
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I've also received 'PHORK' and initially I was very excited by the possibilities - the option to leave it at room temp. w/o bending is invaluable and the demo looked promising.

That said, I'm a bit underwhelmed; I could also be completely mistaken here and think I may have received a bad or 'used' kit. Not sure.

The DVD I received in the package does not have any audio. I'm not holding this against anyone and Penguin (eek) is taking care of it for me. The 'PHORK' also has some ripples in it, both while straight and after bending. This is the same problem which arises with the Keren fork when people have not properly reset the piece. These issues can be fixed by re-educating the metal used and Yuval offers this service for a small fee.

My 'PHORK' also does not stay very straight (or even close and the ripples are very apparent; it looks like a normal fork that has been bent and straightened dozens of times - not good as this was how I received it) and while I think this COULD be a great product, my initial response is not very positive.

I adore Ben Harris and Andrew Gerard and trust their words. If they vouch for this piece, I'd go with that but my experience is different for the reasons stated above. I DO see a product with tremendous potential here.

Hopefully these issues can be worked out.

Best,
Jerome Finley
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your review, I appreciate it.

Regarding the audio well not sure why, but that could happen, if Penguin doesn't takes care of it please email me.

Regarding the ripples I'm not sure what you mean by that. EVERY unit of Phork is FULLY tested before being packed. This means that we do not sell units with even a scratch...In Fact they are polished for days for some reason.

If you could please email me some pictures of it I would appreciate it. As I said every single unit is made to perfection and I don't know how your Phork looks like has been bent dozens of times, well at least WE didn't did that to your unit.

Please email me pictures of your Phork and if it's really damaged as you say we will have to track how that happened, and we WILL know how it happened. Most likely someone ruined it.

Jerome, please email me at jay@whosmagic.com so we can discuss about it.

Thanks

Jay
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Jay,

Thanks for your fast response. I'll take some pictures and email you this evening.

Best,
Jerome
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Jerome,

Thanks much appreciated. I look forward for your email.

I'll take care of it first thing in the morning.

Best Wishes,

Jay
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Jay,

I appreciate the correspondence but am afraid your solution just doesn't work for me. If you wanted me to call Penguin and speak with them to resolve the problem, why the need for emails and pictures of the 'PHORK'? I don't get it. In any case I've still sent you the pictures of my mishaped 'PHORK' and hopefully you can use them to avoid future problems and issues.

You told me EVERY 'PHORK' is perfect and this situation is impossible so congratulations on being the first person in history to develop a PERFECT product. I'm not sure why I've wasted my time here. The DVD has no audio and the 'PHORK' I received sucks, period. I won't be so cordial now. This is exactly why I don't support creators I've never heard of or shop at places like Penguin. $300.00 (+) lesson learned!

Thank you.

-Jerome

P.S. I've got a bunk 'PHORK' for sale if anyone wants it at a huge discount. Who knows, it might be a good practice unit for someone. It seems that's already what it was used for anyhow and I'm happy to practically give this thing away.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jerome, Penguin will take it back. Just e-mail them.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12060 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Oh dear, I would hope Penguin would take care of it TT2. I just made an order from them and sometimes it takes a while to receive an item but in the past I have returned stuff to them without a problem.
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Mr. Jerome,

From your not so polite email, that sounded a little bit like "do-this-or-Ill-do-that", and from the way you are handling this keep in mind one thing: I'm honest and serious on my comittements.

You say you got a defective fork from Penguin and instead of contacting Penguin's customer support, or contacting the producer directly you post your comments on a forum? It sounds a little bit ackward to me my friend.

When I purchase something defective I first contact the dealer and if they can't do anything about it I contact the manufacturer directly. Just because you have a problem with your unit it doesn't means Phork is a bad product like you are making it sound.

When people have a problem they should not try to push the creator or blame other persons for their misuse of the product.

You didn't see me telling you "I won't resolve your problem, or I won't replace your fork". You decided to make your mind (and others) about it - that's your call.

I STAND 100% behind my release, and I'm not afraid to say it. I know exactly what I'm selling.

I'll be more than happy to send a free replacement of your Phork to proof you that I "don't keep up the apperances on the forum" like you told me by email, and I don't take advantage of others.

In one thing we agree: you are very far from being cordial as I've been with you, both by email, and both in this forums, and Phork IS a good value for the hard earn money of people, that's precisely why I don't purchase $300 manuscripts.

Email me me with your address, and I'll provide you ours so you can ship your fork and dvd.

Thank You.

Jay Crowe
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
When I've gotten a defective product, I'll contact a different creator, one that had nothing to do with it. It's just something fun to do on a hot day.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Christopher,

Forums are not customer support platforms. I have not receive any email from Mr. Jerome before his post on this forum. He didn't also wanted to wait for me to see the pictures and decide to replace the Phork. I have not refused to deal with it or replace fork.

He made his mind...

My offer still stands. I honour my comittements.

Cheers
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Jay,

That's fine and dandy my friend. If you support your product, great. You posted that if anyone had a problem with their fork to contact you directly and that is what I did. At no time did I make 'threats' - I simply asked why you would have me email you and send pictures (which I did) if you were only going to tell me to contact Penguin Magic. That sounds AWKWARD to me!

Perhaps you should re-read my first post in this thread. It looks like a product with tremendous potential. I trust Gerard and Harris. My 'PHORK' is either defective or has been previously handled. Plain and simple!

Everyone who knows me realizes that I also share this same attention to detail and customer service, and I'm always polite and cordial in my dealings. That said, what you can count on from me is to TELL YOU LIKE IT IS, nothing more - nothing less. If you take this kind of directness as threatening, that says more about you than it does about me. People interested in your product deserve to know about possible problems and ones your other customers have encountered.

I already did contact Penguin about the crap DVD that was included. Now I'm going to call them and let them know there is a problem with the entire kit. YOU don't have to work this out, Jay. To be honest, the money I spent on this is chump change to me and it's not about the $$$ or the 'PHORK' but your offer to assist those with problems by standing behind your creation.

You said this product has been mishandled. I agree completley, and not by me. You NEVER offered to replace the fork, your entire email told me to send you pictures so the engineers could look at them (fine) and to contact Penguin. I'm getting mixed messages from you - which one is it?

Kind regards,
JF
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Jerome,

You didn't contacted me in the first place. You posted on the forum and after I offered my help, you decided to contact me directly. Why? I think you should have contacted me directly first, and when you did, I was cordial with you. You know that.

I asked you to contact Penguin for a very simple reason: Many magic shops use 1 unit from the batches they receive to demo the products. I asked you pictures (obviously) to take a look at the status of the Phork and work on a solution with you.

Why didn't you waited for me to take a look at the pictures and get back to you? That's something I don't understand. To provide you customer support you have to give me the chance to reply - I guess?

I have no problems in handling this kind of issues directly, like I told many times, anyone with problems about it will have our customer support ready to help, if the customer give us the time and the chance to look at it from the several angles.

My offer still stands, I'll replace your Phork at no cost, I want you to be happy with your purchase like others are.

Could you please email me your address?

Thanks again, and I hope to see you bending reality real soon Smile

Best Wishes

Jay
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Jay,

All is well then! I really think we got off on the wrong foot. Thank you for your attention and I'll contact you soon. I have a flight to catch in the morning and plenty to do until then but will call or email you next week as I return.

Best,
Jerome

P.S. I bend reality daily and believe 'PHORK' would be an asset to my work, or I would not have purchased it in the first place Smile Thanks again and I'll be in touch.
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Jerome,

All set. I thank you for your support purchasing my creation.

I wish you a good flight, and hope to hear from you soon, so I can replace your unit.

I'd love to hear your experience/feedback/reactions etc when you have the chance to test the new unit in real world.

Best Wishes

Jay
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Dear Jay, are you going to the IBM/SAM convention?
I would like to see the real thing and be amazed!
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi CardFreakhk,

Unfortunately IBM/Sam is out of dealers booths. But we are planning to attend to one of the next conventions. If you see us there, just stop by to say "hi" and I'll be happy to demo Phork for you Smile

Jay Crowe
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Hi, I am saying it now, and I am looking forward to meeting you sometimes later.
Thanks for your reply.

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Phork (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL