The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Fantastic example of Gospel magic for viewing! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
If you have wondered what Gospel magic, chalk art, and juggling are all about, go to http://www.ChristianMagician.org Then click on the word "Videos." There you will find four complete 1/2 hour Gospel magic programs that can be viewed for free or purchased on DVD for submitting to your own local cable access system for airing. All the programs feature magic with a "Message" at the end and sprinkled throughout. Programs 1 and 2 feature chalk art, programs 1, 2 and 4 have juggling on them as well. Psalm 67!
thomasbmikkelsen
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of thomasbmikkelsen
I have just seen the first program and I'm really impressed. The chalk art is fantastic and inspirering! Thank's a lot from a Danish brother in Christ!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Thanks so very, very much! The More Than Magic! programs, which we filmed in a local access channel studio over two partial Saturdays, have taken off like a rocket ship! Cable access stations (now at 5) all over SW Michigan are already airing/will be airing the first four programs. We will be making probably at least three more in the next few months. Chalk art is on programs 1 and 2, and will be on the 5th program soon. SuZie and Phyllis Blakeslee are wonderful chalk artists! Thanks again, hopefully this will encourage other Gospel artists to produce their own Gospel magic programs or they can feel free to use ours for submission to their own local channels.
Gary Barker
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
70 Posts

Profile of Gary Barker
WOW...I wasn't so sure when the chalk art started on the first video. I had never seen anything like this so I thought, hmmm chalk...but I watched...HOW BEAUTIFUL...every mission trip, backyard Bible school could do this (with practice I am sure) but what a simple way to share some of the most amzingly complex things...God's awesome creation and so much more...boy do words fail right now. That was so moving...so creative...thank you for sharing this with and no offense to the other fine performances, but I was so touched by the chalk art...thank you again so much...
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Gary -
If you are going to the FCM convention this year, Wednesday night's "Colorama" at the evening show will be a treat for you. Colorama is several (4 or 5) chalk artists creating different scenes at the same time to music. Still photographs and video do not really do this art form justice.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
uncleperry
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of uncleperry
Magicbus,
Thanks so much for the link, it's a source for lots of great ideas.
In Him,
'unc.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and that's usually good enough to make a decent living.
'unc.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Thanks to you all for your kind comments, I passed them on to the performers. We are filming More Than Magic! episodes #5 and #6 on July 19, 2008, both programs will have on them more chalk art and Gospel magic. Should be posted on the http://www.ChristianMagician.org web site hopefully before August 1. We are planning to film #7 and #8 in August or September. Thanks again!- I would encourage you to submit More Than Magic! to your own cable access channels for airing and/or produce your own similar Gospel magic shows for broadcasting. We have gotten a tremendous positive response to our programs and learned much in the process. It is well worth the effort and we hope that future programs will be even better. We shot programs 1-4 very quickly, often in one "take" without an opportunity to fix any mistakes, so we will be going much slower on the next four we do. Have your local magic group check into your cable access center, maybe we can start a trend! Psalm 67!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Just to add to my earlier comments. You may want to visit http://www.ChristianMagician.org from time to time as we will continue to add Gospel magic programs (click on the word "Videos") for you to use as examples. Or, you can order DVD copies from us if you'd like to show them locally on your own cable systems. More Than Magic! #5 was filmed a few weeks ago and should be posted to the web site shortly. It features PJ Weber doing a Gospel Gene Anderson paper tear, mouth coil, and dove production; MagicBob doing multiplying sponge rabbits and an excellent Andre' Kole "Three Ball" illustration, then closed out by SuZie doing a follow-up chalk art piece showing the "Bridge to Salvation." Music is from Arthur Stead's (www.arthurstead.com) excellent "Make It Gospel" royalty free music CD. Portions of More Than Magic #6 are being taped August 19 and will feature Alan Kazam, Dave Stoepker and Roger The Magic Bus. Randy Craven (www.illusionsbyrandy.com) will be doing our future program editing- taking the Gospel magic footage submitted from any of us and formatting what he needs into 1/2 hour programs ready for cable access airing. Thanks Randy! More Than Magic! is currently being aired as of July 29, 2008, on cable systems in Kalamazoo, Portage, Richland, Paw Paw and Grand Rapids, Michigan.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
If any Fellowship of Christian Magician members have some HIGH QUALITY footage of them performing Gospel magic, and would like us to consider using all or parts of it for future More Than Magic! programs, please mail your film footage on DVD to: Roger Bus, 903 East Cork Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49001. The DVD will not be returned. It is in our discretion whether to use your submitted footage or not in future More Than Magic! programs. We have such a tremendous demand for more programs being produced, we are open to using footage submitted by other performers. Please include your performing name to add to the credits and your web site address. If you use music, it must be royalty free for television use. If not, all music must be used by express permission and credited with complete song title, singer, and "used by permission of" information including the music publisher. Roger will view all footage received, time it out, catalog it, and forward it on to Randy Craven, our final film editor who decides what can be used or not. Thanks for your help on this, we really could use some extra quality footage of magicians doing both "regular" magic and Gospel magic, chalk art, juggling, etc..
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
We are filming more footage for More Than Magic! future episodes on Saturday, September 13, 2008, from 1-6PM, at the Kalamazoo Community Access Center main tv studio. Contact me if you'd like to be included! MagicBus or see http://www.ChristianMagician.org for details.
gbradburn
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
74 Posts

Profile of gbradburn
I too enjoyed the program.
It seemed that the black-out transitions were a bit long. Were those to accomadate commercial breaks?
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Nope, just timing editing on our part. We are filming some more programs on September 13, should have two more programs posted after that shortly. The name of the new programs will be Gospel Magic! and will still probably be available through the http://www.ChristianMagician.org web site for viewing. The programs will be independently produced by me (not through FCMWM) for less legal liability I guess. Anyway, thanks for watching, hope you enjoy the new programs that should premier in less than two months.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Fantastic example of Gospel magic for viewing! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL