We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Decisions by Mozique VS White Star - By Jim Critchlow VS Killer Elite Pro by Andy Nyman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2819 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone who owns any 2 of the above, possibly 3, could give me their opinions on which they prefer and why. They all sound VERY interesting!! Are any of them repeatable? Also, would anyone know if they are easy to fit in a regular wallet? I'm not wanting to carry a bunch of wallets if I don't have to. Thanks everyone in advance!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I have all three. KE Pro - The writing rubbed off the back of the wallet very easily spoiling one of the outs. Otherwise the cards and chip supplied are very nice and long lasting.

Decisions wears out very quickly as it's a mechanical gaffed card.

White Star is a great version of OOTW albeit slightly macabre, so you'll need to choose your moment.

If I had to choose just one it would be KE pro, despite the shortcoming mentioned.

White Star would be a close second. I wouldn't consider decisions vs. the other two.

In terms of spec reactions I would put White Star at the top of the list (but you won't be able to do this all the time because, as I've mentioned, it's a trick about death). Then KE pro. Then decisions, as the spec can't handle the cards.

Hope that helps.

Andi
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2819 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Thanks Andi for your writeup! is there a way to stop the out on the back of the wallet from rubbing off? that would be a bummer to have it not available! As for White Star, it seems to be more of a somber effect, not leaving big smiles at the end, so you'll have to choose when to perform it. And decisions would be worthless if it's going to wear out quickly because people aren't going to want to shell out a bunch of money again for the effect. Can White Star be repeated? KE Pro and White Star are the top ones it seems, now to try to decide which one to pick Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
I've always found KE Pro to be a bit weak.

I know it's a popular classic, and lots of folks love a trick you can stick in your pocket and "go" with, but the movies the trick references are no longer current, and it's debatable if they're "classics" in the sense that a teenager would even begin to understand who you've got on your cards.
Most 15 year olds I know haven't seen ANY of the flicks, and don't have a clue who Travis Bickle is.

And older folks to whom the movies and their characters might mean something always smile and go "mmmm" at the end of it, but to be honest an abundance of those type of reactions have caused me to put KE Pro in the drawer, likely for good.

It's an "interesting" effect, and life is too short to do anything other than "deadly, blow'em away" effects IMHO............and before anybody asks, I'm no stranger to these types of effects, and have performed many of them over a long period of time successfully, so..........yeah, ...........

Now I'll wait to read a followup post with somebody stating that they clinched a TV deal JUST performing Killer Elite Pro Smile

Presented with care, and based on my own experience with "From Hell", I believe "White Star" has the potential to be a FAR more powerful effect than even Andy Nyman himself performing KE Pro.
magus-inc
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of magus-inc
I must admit, I've used Killer Elite, not the new packet version and even some of the older clients have not seen the movies.
I love the idea, just a shame that the movies are not current.
.....follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you........
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Decisions by Mozique VS White Star - By Jim Critchlow VS Killer Elite Pro by Andy Nyman (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL