The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New Derren Brown DVD - Not "Something Wicked" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Heya guys,
Just found this on Derrens site:

----------------------------

Firstly, I'm sure you'll all love to know that Derren has at last got a little time off to relax and do some painting. Expect a variety of paint colours on canvasses to be added to the artwork pages very soon.

Secondly, Channel 4 have given the go-ahead for a new DVD, it will contain four of the previous specials but at this stage no-one knows which four it will be. I'll keep you posted when I know more.

Lastly, the "Mind Reader:Evening of Wonders" live show at the Garrick theatre in London's busy west-end was filmed in it's last week. Hopefully this will be aired on Channel 4 later in the year.

Coops

----------------------------

Great news for the international Derren Brown fans (like me), who only get to see crappy internet copies of these shows. Yay!

-- Topher
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
This is all very good news...thanks for the heads up!

Nathan
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Thanks Topher
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I'm still working my way through all the Derren Brown YOUTUBE videos...
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Looks like you can now pre-order this at Amazon.co.uk...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Derren-Brown-The......&sr=8-22

The only thing stopping me is that I'm moving house next month. I'd gladly pre-order any DVD of Derren's without knowing the exact contents...

-- Topher
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Well now, this dvd pushes my list of things to buy to four pages. I'm sure it will be great, I've been wondering when we'd see new stuff by Derren.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Cover art just released on Amazon.co.uk in the last couple of days. The four specials will be, according to the image, 'The Heist', 'The System', 'The Seance' and 'Russian Roulette'. I haven't managed to see The System or Russian Roulette all the way through, so I'm looking forward to this release.

Chris
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Ships on November 3rd! Thanks for the heads up, Chris. Order placed and looking forward to it!
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
My credit card expires at the end of this month, and I don't have my new one yet. Can't pre-order until I get the new one. :-(

No doubt it will be ace though.

Chris
C.W.G.
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of C.W.G.
Thanks for the heads up Chris, I loved Seance and never seen Russian Roulette, cant wait!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Received today in Seattle. Cool!
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Mine is on the way too...despite the plummeting Aussie dollar.

Chris
2Shoes
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of 2Shoes
Has anyone managed to get this from Australia or have you had to order from overseas?
Neil.Hobson
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Neil.Hobson
I can't wait for the Derren brown evening of wonders dvd to come out, I saw it in the west end, it was awesome, I fancied watching it again!!!
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Does someone knows EXACTLY when this live show will be aired on channel 4 please ?
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Quote:
On 2008-11-23 23:26, 2Shoes wrote:
Has anyone managed to get this from Australia or have you had to order from overseas?

I pre-ordered from Amazon. Just noticed recently that it has gone up by £10 to more than £27. I only paid about £17 for mine. Well worth the dollars (pounds) though.

Chris
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Quote:
On 2008-12-09 15:06, qkeli wrote:
Does someone knows EXACTLY when this live show will be aired on channel 4 please ?

Apparently magicweek.co.uk claims January 2...I haven't been able to find that on their site myself though.

Here's a promo clip from Derren's blog.

http://derrenbrownart.com/blog/?p=201

I saw this live twice, and it truly is a remarkable show. According to a separate blog entry, there is a DVD on the way after Xmas. Yay!!

http://derrenbrownart.com/blog/?p=30

Cheers...and hey, it's Christmas now where I am. Have a merry one.

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New Derren Brown DVD - Not "Something Wicked" (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL