The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Ipod Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic-taylor
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of magic-taylor
Does anyone know if you can set your ipod up to stop at the end of each song in a play list instead of going into the next?
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
No you can't.

That is why you will need to record a few seconds of NOTHING at the end of each song or bit. This is to give you time to push the pause button. I add 10 to 15 seconds of dead space at the end of each of my songs and bits.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I put a few extraneous songs after the final showtrack. It'll do the same thing.

Steve
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
A lot of folks put a 20-25 minute silent track between songs to allow for talking, transitions, etc. This is a cheap, easy way to give you the "space" you need, and when you're ready to move on, the skip track button sends you straight to the next song.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
As Clinton suggested, silent tracks are the affordable and easy way to put space between your songs. A simple press of the "Next" button leads you into the next song. When it's done, it plays the silent track until you either run out of track (I use 45 minute silent tracks) or move to the next song on your list. Since the iPod is "playing" a track, this also keeps it from going to sleep on you between songs.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=11
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Magic-taylor, if you're using the iCue2, you don't need "silent tracks" at the end of the last show track, you just add a couple of extras, and the iPod won't jump back to the "playlists" heading. I know exactly what you're talking about.

Steve
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Magic-taylor,

Yes you can but it requires you to change the IPOD bootloader and use different operation systems besides the IPOD apple OS. Its complicated for average users.

Stick with the blank song or buy a MP3Tech or Icue2.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Ipod Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL