The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Very interesting Psychic article (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Seems like she is doing a good serivce. I am sure others will not think so.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/142632?GT1=43002

I skipped past it on first read, but it does talk about Jon Stetson as well. Interesting stuff!
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
She says she has "intuition." The articles said her clients called her "psychic."

I believe in intuition, it's pattern recognition. She is probably a good listener too, something that management is surprising bad at in some companies. Unfortunately, the video wouldn't play for me now, so I didn't get to hear what she says about herself. I did go to her web site, and saw that she's written three books about intuition. From what I've seen so far, she's does not appear to be misrepresenting herself.

From the article:
Quote:
Lawson tells NEWSWEEK, recalling Day's quick insights into the poor coordination between the company's research and marketing teams.

This is certainly a common repeating pattern in industry. The disconnect between marketing and research organizations is so common, it's even been mentioned in the Dilbert comic strip.

That's not to take away from what she does. Sometimes people need someone to tell them what's going on.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Thanks for the clip, Nate. Good for her!

-J
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2008-06-25 16:42, Bill Hallahan wrote:
She says she has "intuition." The articles said her clients called her "psychic."

I believe in intuition, it's pattern recognition. She is probably a good listener too, something that management is surprising bad at in some companies. Unfortunately, the video wouldn't play for me now, so I didn't get to hear what she says about herself. I did go to her web site, and saw that she's written three books about intuition. From what I've seen so far, she's does not appear to be misrepresenting herself.

From the article:
Quote:
Lawson tells NEWSWEEK, recalling Day's quick insights into the poor coordination between the company's research and marketing teams.

This is certainly a common repeating pattern in industry. The disconnect between marketing and research organizations is so common, it's even been mentioned in the Dilbert comic strip.

That's not to take away from what she does. Sometimes people need someone to tell them what's going on.

No she says shes psychic actually. Look at the part where she talks about her teenage son at 2 am.
scarnecky
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah
330 Posts

Profile of scarnecky
Very interesting,

I liked how she addressed the question from "Newsweek" -

"Will you make a prediction for us?"

Classy

Scar
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Is the client actually getting what they think they are paying for?

- entity
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2008-06-25 17:51, entity wrote:
Is the client actually getting what they think they are paying for?

- entity

Sounds like it to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Very interesting Psychic article (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL