The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bob Kohler's Golden Shells now on DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The video has been converted to DVD:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=10490

Watch the clip. This is the Bob Kohler people don't see. He's a master sleight of hand artist and an extraordinary entertainer.

Some of the best DVD's I own are shot with the performer and a just a camera. I don't think you need an audience to "get" the magic.

But, after watching this clip of Bob live at the Magic Castle, I'm thinking that a "real" live audience makes a huge difference. Meaning, not 4 invited people to someone's home, or a studio audience.

I'm sure it's expensive and a huge pain. But, I bet it would eliminate folks thinking the magic is poor if a real audience was reacting. Anytime I've seen DVD's with a Magic Castle audience, there has been no "they get quiet when the camera roles" issues.

The reason I feel this way is that I was never interested in the shells until I saw this clip today.

Here's from the ad:

Works with any shell set

Absolutely angle proof

Bob Kohler’s routine for the Shell Game has become legendary. Why, because Bob’s routine is used by more professional magicians than any other routine of it’s kind. Bob’s routine has been honed through thousands of live performances for paying audiences.

What makes it so great? The psychology is built in. Bob’s choreography and patter are designed so that the performer knows which shell the spectator will choose each and every time! This lets you concentrate on the performance so you get the standing ovation you deserve.

Features

Easy To Do
Hilarious Patter
Packs Small Plays Big
Stunning Visuals
Psychological Perfection
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
RogueMD
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of RogueMD
Christopher-

I have the VHS of this and I agree... terrific routine. I will also add that I have the Phil Cass VHS of his Three Shells Routine and I really like it also.

Great to see in DVD format... will last a lot longer than my old VHS tape.

Michael
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Michael, I've heard good things about Phil's video ( also now on DVD ) and his bonus effect "Fisherman's Wharf" on the video.

I remember when both came out on video and I passed on them because I wasn't a big 3 shell fan. I guess I never saw a routine that called out to me.

Just what I needed: another plot in magic to be excited about. lol.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Giacomo Moretti
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Giacomo Moretti
Quote:
On 2008-06-26 17:38, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Michael, I've heard good things about Phil's video ( also now on DVD ) and his bonus effect "Fisherman's Wharf" on the video.

I remember when both came out on video and I passed on them because I wasn't a big 3 shell fan. I guess I never saw a routine that called out to me.

Just what I needed: another plot in magic to be excited about. lol.

It also own the VHS. In fact it was my first instruction on the shell game. Worked perfect and a good basis for trying out your own stuff. A little more advanced and a great supplement is the type of Bob Sheets. I am not sure whether this is already released on DVD. It is great since it includes some very advanced (yet easy to do moves) that Kohler does not cover in his more basic approach.
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
That looked spectacular. I remember doing some shell games at a busy corner in San Antonio a few years ago. As long as you entertain them and keep them involved, it doesn't matter how complicated it gets, they love it! Thanks for the news -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
john scot
View Profile
Special user
brighton, uk
585 Posts

Profile of john scot
I saw Bob Kohler lecture at the McMillan convention in London 2002 and he performed / explained The Golden Shells. Best lecture, best magic, best magician I've ever seen!
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Quote:
On 2008-10-16 22:38, johnscot777 wrote:
Best lecture, best magic, best magician I've ever seen!

He is one of the best magician on my list too.
Best Regards,

Bob
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
How does this compare with the School for Scoundrels DVD - An introduction to the shell game?
Thanks
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
I dun own the School for Scoundrels so cannot compare but you can't get wrong with Kohler's. Thumbs Up!
Best Regards,

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bob Kohler's Golden Shells now on DVD (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL