The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Free Effect For The 'Card Guys' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2843 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Here is my free card through table effect I've been using for years.

http://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/pages/k......d-effect

Enjoy!

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Elliott Hodges
View Profile
Veteran user
England
324 Posts

Profile of Elliott Hodges
I liked it.
cheers Nathan!
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Congratulations, Nathan, and best wishes to Alexander Wayne! Thanks so much for the gift effect- really neat!

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8331 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Nicely done. Suggestion, if you're seated, end with The Card Through Table from my very first book (re-written recently, and you have a really strong piece of magic. I'm not mentioning the names of my books because I really am tired of people (the very minority, of course) who keep complaining that I plug my books. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Nathan,
Nice trick man! Congrats on the little one!

Mick
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Thank Nathan and congratultions.
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Twin Falls, ID
579 Posts

Profile of Kex
Harry, when you have put out as much quality work as you have. You can plug all you want.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8331 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Thanks, Kex. Fortunately most (99.999%) feel as you do. There are just the few back-biters. HL
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Tina I
View Profile
Regular user
Oslo/ Norway
194 Posts

Profile of Tina I
If I'm stepping on some toes I'm sorry but one thing really bugged me when I watched it: The card disappeared face down and appeared (pinned to the tabletop by the finger) face up! That doesn't look like it went through the table, that look like a trick... if you know what I mean.

But of course; I haven't tried it out on people, it was just my gut reaction. Still a nice effect Smile
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Just flip it over. Rotate the card with your index and middle fingers and pin it to the underside of the table with the middle finger instead of the index finger.

No problem!!!

Hope it helps.

Thanks Nathan and congratulations!!!

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Tina I
View Profile
Regular user
Oslo/ Norway
194 Posts

Profile of Tina I
Quote:
On 2008-06-28 02:53, Tim Jahn wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-28 02:38, Tina I wrote:
If I'm stepping on some toes I'm sorry but one thing really bugged me when I watched it: The card disappeared face down and appeared (pinned to the tabletop by the finger) face up! That doesn't look like it went through the table, that look like a trick... if you know what I mean.

But of course; I haven't tried it out on people, it was just my gut reaction. Still a nice effect Smile

Just flip it over. Rotate the card with your index and middle fingers and pin it to the underside of the table with the middle finger instead of the index finger.

No problem!!!

Hope it helps.

Thanks Nathan and congratulations!!!

Tim

Oh... I didn't actually mean it was a problem execution wise Smile Just that the original effect didn't 'sit' well with me.

But since we are at it I think I would do it slightly different by leaving the deck on the table, palming off the card under the misdirection of the rubbing and produce the single card from under the table... But now we are taking the thread off topic I think. And it's probably not nice starting to dissect a gift either. I apologize.

Tina
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2843 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

Sure its obviously discrepant. But so are a lot of great magic effects. I know I could do it this way or that way, or with a face up version of the rub a dub, a card palmed etc. But this is the way I do it. You can do it however you like. : )

I make no false claims. This was simply a free gift to share with y'all and drive some traffic to my site. Not trying to claim its anything but that. If you don't like the free effect that's cool. And if you don't like the marketing style then that's ok too.

Somehow I think I'll be able to make it through my day. : )

Thanks for all the support from Café members who appreciate my stuff. You know who you are.

Won't be back for a while....off to vacation. All you nay sayers have fun bickering. : )

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Nate-

Mazal Tov brother! The little one is lucky to be coming into a home with so much love.

I think it's safe to say your work with a slippery sam is no longer your best creation...

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
Nathan, congratulations on the addition to the family!!

As for the effect, I will not comment much as I have viewed the video without sound. The touch I did appreciate, even without the sound, is turning the tabled hand sideways. This is what I enjoy about Nathans stuff, there are little details that improve what may in this case seem an obvious method to some.

As for the discrepancy, I remember a recent (I will not refer to it, my asbestos gloves are out of reach and it was pretty hot there for a while) thread where a card turning face up as a side effect was discussed in some detail. I believe the sane conclusion was that to the creator it enhanced the immediate impact, but that anyone is free to make the slight alteration to the handling required for a face down reveal. In my mind the same applies here. I like face up as the whole deck was under the table; it immediately shows it is indeed the same card.

Michael
Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
Nate,

Thanks for the great trick. What I liked most about it is that it came out from under the table face up at the finger tips so it was clearly not part of the deck. Good stuff.

Again Nate, great item. Thanks for sharing.

Aaron DeLong
Michael Ammar will one day cure all known diseases as a kicker to his coins across routine.

Get the facts! Visit www.AmmarFacts.com!
www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
743 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Thanks for the gift to us, and congratulations on your own gift!

-T.J.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2843 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2008-06-27 15:38, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Nicely done. Suggestion, if you're seated, end with The Card Through Table from my very first book (re-written recently, and you have a really strong piece of magic. I'm not mentioning the names of my books because I really am tired of people (the very minority, of course) who keep complaining that I plug my books. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.

Hi Harry,

Your right! I've always loved that effect! Benzais right?

Great suggestion.

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
This is an incredibly simple little routine and I love it! I'm not really much of a palming/vanishing kind of guy, but I've always liked the simple rub vanish and your ideas on the rub a dub vanish, plus this new bit, may find a place in my impromptu set.

Congratulations too!
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
It is a tradition in most western cultures to give a small gift (cigars etc) to your friends upon the birth of a child.

Thanks for the effect Kranzo!!!

On with the Magic!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
It's a neat trick. I don't want to dis Bruce Elliot, but did he really invent the one handed stud deal?
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Free Effect For The 'Card Guys' (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL