The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Free Effect For The 'Card Guys' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-06-28 12:50, Nathan Kranzo wrote:

I make no false claims. This was simply a free gift to share with y'all and drive some traffic to my site. Not trying to claim its anything but that. If you don't like the free effect that's cool. And if you don't like the marketing style then that's ok too.

A generous gift, from a generous and honest fellow!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ling.Ling1337
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Ling.Ling1337
Thank you for the effect! I love impromptu tricks, and this is a great one!
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2835 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Your welcome. : ) I hope it finds its way into your work and you get as much use out of it as I have.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Quote:
On 2008-07-02 14:13, Vandy Grift wrote:
It's a neat trick. I don't want to dis Bruce Elliot, but did he really invent the one handed stud deal?

No "dis" to Bruce, in fact, a good question. I'll respond with one of my own - Where did you hear that Elliot "invented", or claimed to have invented, the 1 handed stud deal? I can't remember ever having seen that in the literature, but I lack total recall, so no doubt missed it, or forgot it. It seems an odd thing to claim, since it is such an obvious thing that it has to have been "invented" hundreds of times.

Reminds me of the first time someone told me I was doing a "faro" shuffle - I thought my uncle invented that! He,(my uncle), who had no relation to gambling or magic, always shuffled cards that way. He taught the shuffle to me when I was about 6! We played cribbage three or four nights a week, and when I was old enough, I was allowed to gamble on the games. We played for fifty cents a game, double on the skunk, and you had to pay off with Kennedy halves - they were brand new at the time and everyone was collecting them. Lucky for me, I won more than I lost, and when I started magic and got a copy of Modern Coin Magic I had the coins I needed for most of the tricks I was interested in, including "The Miser's Dream"! I picked the Charlie Miller version since all I needed was a bucket, the halves and a penny - oh yeah, and lots of balls!

Wierd how one thought leads to another, one trick to another, etc. - Is this akin to that "Six Degrees of Separation" thing? Enough rambling from me...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Rói Heinason
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Rói Heinason
Quote:
On 2008-06-28 02:38, Tina I wrote:
If I'm stepping on some toes I'm sorry but one thing really bugged me when I watched it: The card disappeared face down and appeared (pinned to the tabletop by the finger) face up! That doesn't look like it went through the table, that look like a trick... if you know what I mean.

But of course; I haven't tried it out on people, it was just my gut reaction. Still a nice effect Smile

I argree... but have tried it with a face up rub a dub vanish (Tyler Wilsons) And it worked very well, And is VERY convincing
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-07-08 16:39, Paul Chosse wrote:
No "dis" to Bruce, in fact, a good question. I'll respond with one of my own - Where did you hear that Elliot "invented", or claimed to have invented, the 1 handed stud deal?

Paul,

The reason I asked is in the explanation of Nathans free trick he shows a production he calls "Brrrrtttt"(sp?) and credits it to Bruce Elliot. (Around the 1:20 mark of the video in the original post). To me, the production looks just like a one handed stud deal. It a tad different from the way I do it, but everyone does it a little differently.

In this case it's used as a fancy magic production, but it looks like the one handed deal that people have been doing forever.

It not a big deal, but that's why I asked.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Nice addition to an Ambitious Card Routine with a signed card.
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
martink65
View Profile
New user
vienna - austria - europe
85 Posts

Profile of martink65
Nice trick for a beginner - thanks.
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
Could someone clarify what page Rubidubdub can be found on in expert card teqnique?
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Quote:
On 2008-08-15 18:31, CardWiz wrote:
Could someone clarify what page Rubidubdub can be found on in expert card teqnique?

p.301 in the Dover edition.
mikehann
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of mikehann
Cool trick, thanks Smile
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
I loved it!!!!
I performed a lot of times, and kill!!
but I have a modification
do it in your leg
Card thru leg Smile

bye!
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2008-06-27 15:38, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Nicely done. Suggestion, if you're seated, end with The Card Through Table from my very first book (re-written recently, and you have a really strong piece of magic. I'm not mentioning the names of my books because I really am tired of people (the very minority, of course) who keep complaining that I plug my books. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.

Isn't the strongest advice of seasoned magicians "be yourself"

Just plug the books any time you feel like it's opportune.

Being of a different culture, excuse me for reminding you that you could use a latine sentence "De minimis non curat praetor" which could be translated as "of the smaller the master doesn't care". It's impossible to know if it's the smaller people or the smaller comments...
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6090 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2008-08-14 00:37, Magicray69 wrote:
Nice addition to an Ambitious Card Routine with a signed card.

Yes it is, it is part of Daryl's ACR published in his book Ambitious Card Omnibus.
Fish.

P.S. Cute little quicky, Mr. Kranzo.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6090 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2009-02-01 17:40, Lawrence O wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-27 15:38, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Nicely done. Suggestion, if you're seated, end with The Card Through Table from my very first book (re-written recently, and you have a really strong piece of magic. I'm not mentioning the names of my books because I really am tired of people (the very minority, of course) who keep complaining that I plug my books. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.

Isn't the strongest advice of seasoned magicians "be yourself"

Just plug the books any time you feel like it's opportune.

Being of a different culture, excuse me for reminding you that you could use a latine sentence "De minimis non curat praetor" which could be translated as "of the smaller the master doesn't care". It's impossible to know if it's the smaller people or the smaller comments...

What are you implying?
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Joemv
Nathan, thank you for the free magic..... and congratulations on your new addition to the family.

Joe
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
Thanks for the free card effect Nathan!

I also liked your quick Rub A Dub card- to Mullica Wallet that you did at your lecture in MD.

Your work with that wallet made me a Mullica believer!

Douglas M.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2835 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Douglas thank you so much! The RUB a DUb To Wallet is another favorite smack em hard quickie. IT's all on the new DVD. Did you get your yet?

Later,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Free Effect For The 'Card Guys' (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL