The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Middle Grades Math Teacher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimwarren
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of jimwarren
I am a middle grades math teacher. I am trying to weave math magic into my lessons in hopes of gaining the interest of my students. A few magic tricks go a long way towards increasing the interest in my classroom. I only do math magic tricks on Fridays after the students have worked hard all week. I need to learn more magic so that I can reach more students. I need help and ideas and I have been searching the WWW for ideas. I found the Magic Café and thought this might be just what I need to help me be a better teacher and magician. I need input on basic magic with cards or numbers that I can use in the classroom. I welcome any help I can get.

Thanks,

Jim Warren
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Hi Jim! Welcome to the Café. Math huh? I was never good at math....LOL
There's a thread (under 'Mind Benders') called 'Magical equations'. I think you may find what you're looking for in there. Enjoy!
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
554 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Hi Jim,
Good to see teachers that want to add + something extra to the classroom.
I'm sure you will keep the students attention and interest at a much higher level.

Are you familiar with MEIR YEDID'S TOTAL DESTINY or this site on the Magic Squares http://www.markfarrar.co.uk/msfmsq01.htm

Salute,

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Middle Grades Math Teacher (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL