The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Create-A-Patter- Knife Through Coat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Just like our last Create-A-Patter, we will all create a comedy routine collectively. This weeks trick we will attempt to write patter for will be the "Knife Through Coat" routine. I'd like everyone to write a small piece of the patter and collectively try to come up with something funny. I'll begin.

"Sir, thank you for volunteering to come up on stage. I bet you're wondering why I picked you. Well, I must say, you stood out. That bright **** red coat of yours just caught my eye (and my nose). Plus you're balding and the light caught you just right. Would you mind taking it off for me? Thanks. Let me ask you something Sir, do you always give away your belongs to strangers? No? Well that's good cause even if you did, nobody would want this. May I ask what your name is? Kyle. Rhymes with Pyle. Well, thanks for helping me Kyle. The reason I had you take off your jacket is because we're going to do a little experiment with it....
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
You like experiments, don't you Kyle? Remember the ones that you did in 6th grade gym class? Like the one where you wanted to see how long you could go without washing your athletic supporter and not be noticed? How fun was that???!
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Then there was your experimentation at band camp that we won't even talk about here today...
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Remember that I said this was an experiment and not a magic trick. there is a subtle difference folks. See magic tricks work and well experiments (look at helper).. well they don't. folks this is the reason why we have this guy up here in the first place. Everyone hold out your index finger. Do NOT pull the finger just extend it outwards sir. You pull the finger and it is a WHOLE different trick. Now point it at the gentlemen up here on stage. I do this for one reason only. If this experiment goes horribly wrong I need someone to blame. It;s all HIS fault. (point at helper).
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Now, back to the trick. We have here is a fine example of polyester fibers held together by synthetic nylon, both have been dyed with a natural pigment that flouresces bright red under the right conditions. Some of you may be wondering what I mean by the right conditions...
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Here are some ideas for knife through coat:

- I will demonstrate with this knife and this gentlemen's Kevlar coat - oh it's not Kevlar? bummer! This may not work out as well as I hoped.

- (hold up Knife and a bottle of ketchup)
Ladies and gentleman, the natural enemies of a coat: A knife and ketchup! Which one shall we use? Your choice sir... you can't say I'm not sensitive to the needs of my audience.

- This is cutting edge magic, and I do mean, cutting edge.

- How many holes would you like? one or two?

- Don't worry, I've done this trick hundreds of times. It's never worked right, but I've done it hundreds of times. However, I'm sure our luck will be better tonight. Heck, even a broken clock is right twice a day... Actually I'm feeling really lucky tonight.. how about you sir?

- From Nordstrom to Goodwill in 10 seconds.

- Enough talk......let 'er rip!

- How was your dinner tonight? Feel full? would you like me to let your suit about a bit?

- Sir, I notice you have a little spot on your coat, let me cut it out.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
And, ladies and gentleman, that was a brief message from Ginzu Comedy Club- where every performer is a cut up.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion on the right conditions for bright ruby red flourescence as it pertains to clothing. We begin our tale in a quaint burg known as Philadelphia. There, a master tailor had learned the secret of breeding silkworms that had been selected out for the brilliance of the red silk that they produced. Alas, these special worms only produced limited quantities of the silk and then, only once every 10 years.

How does this relate to the magical sense of astonishment that you're all about to experience? I haven't a clue so let's get on with our retelling of the classic storybook tale of the Tailor and the Knife. There once was a lovely young girl named Elizabeth...
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Sometimes, however, her friends called her Lorraina- as that was her middle name. Last name you ask- Bobbit! Ms. Bobbit was an excellent tailor and had great knife skills. She is highly decorated in the art of sword fighting as well. Once a master chef, she used her knife one day as a deadly weapon- on her own husband.

How you ask? Well it all started when....
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
He started being a d**k

Lyndel
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Like I said, Liz the tailor and Dick Burton were rummaging around in grandma's closet after the big bad wolf ate her. But once again, I digress...
magicoftomh
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, Ohio
3664 Posts

Profile of magicoftomh
I can tell by your red jacket, sir, that you are particularly attached to it. As I look your way, I can see and hear you. At the same time, I can smell you through your jacket. Believe me, folks. I am getting to know Kyle WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too well right now!
Here's hoping everything you do hits the BULLSEYE!

Tom Hornikel
http://tjhornikel.cjb.net
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

"for some reason, I'm receiving a magical vibe from your jacket, an auro of sorts. You know, it reminds me of a legendary coat once worn by magicians of the past in biblical times. Theyclaim it has very sepcial properties and can heal the wounded and cure the ill. Because the jacket was so hideous looking, many of the village locals said it made the wearer look like a balding twirp, but gave them magical powers. I'd like to try this with your coat Kyle and see if it could possibly have the same magical powers as the one I just told you about. To test it, I brought this knife. It is is truly a magical jacket like I'm betting it is, it will be able to heal itself and it's wounds- much like the Terminator. I am going to try it out right now...

(magician winds back and thrusts the knife into the jacket. However, as soon as the knife touches the jacket......)
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Oh, Sh*T!!! Where did all of that blood come from????

[Could it be xenomenia? See, Rob - I looked it up!]
magicoftomh
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, Ohio
3664 Posts

Profile of magicoftomh
I guess I should have asked Kyle to remove his jacket prior to my performing this experiment.

Tom Hornikel
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Yes folks I did this effect one time with a person still inside the jacket. It worked fine but I accidentally cut off the guys ears. Now I said I was sorry... but quite frankly.. I don't think he heard me.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
And he started wearing contact lenses instead of his glasses.
magicoftomh
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, Ohio
3664 Posts

Profile of magicoftomh
Thankfully, this is the Knife through Coat, and not Cut and Restored Kyle.

Tom Hornikel
magicoftomh
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, Ohio
3664 Posts

Profile of magicoftomh
Back to the story/patter...

Tom Hornikel
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
Anybody have any recommendations for a quality knife set?

El cheapo knifo broko.
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
[sorry about that - back to the story / patter...]

(as wiping blood off hands)
The infomercials weren't lying. These ****ers ARE sharp.
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Create-A-Patter- Knife Through Coat (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL