The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Best source for new PA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alcorm1
View Profile
New user
Lancaster NH
64 Posts

Profile of alcorm1
I have decided to purchase a new PA system and have chosen the Fender PD-250. I was wondering what some recommendations may be as far as the best place to purchase one on-line, ie customer service, price, shipping etc. Any help provided would be appreciated. Thanks.

Al
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
American Musical Supply is great to deal with. I haven't checked their price on the PD-250 but there products are usually priced about as low as you'll find. They offer free shipping sometimes, but I'm not sure about the details. If you can find one local I would suggest checking with them. Music stores will most always give a discount off the sticker price. I have dealt with a local store so much that I usually get more than standard discounts now. In fact, many times they will beat the mail order catalog prices.

Good luck with the PD-250. I have one and I love it!

Regan
Mister Mystery
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13406 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Try musiciansfriend.com
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
alcorm1
View Profile
New user
Lancaster NH
64 Posts

Profile of alcorm1
I went with American Musical Supply. $699.00 with free shipping and free speaker stands. Cant wait to get it. Should be a good upgrade from my old Squier system.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Congrats! I have bought a lot of items from AMS and have never had a complaint.
Mister Mystery
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
For PD 150 Musician's Friend is great since they send free speaker stands. Contrary to earlier posts arguing that Cavins were a better "budget" item than the PD 150, the Cavin low cost PA was more expensive after adding speaker stands and a second speaker, which comes with the Fender, but is an "add on" for the Cavin. It seems the cost of Fenders has been going down.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1814 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Quote:
On 2008-07-21 11:28, Mumblemore wrote:
For PD 150 Musician's Friend is great since they send free speaker stands. Contrary to earlier posts arguing that Cavins were a better "budget" item than the PD 150, the Cavin low cost PA was more expensive after adding speaker stands and a second speaker, which comes with the Fender, but is an "add on" for the Cavin. It seems the cost of Fenders has been going down.

This is a little misleading as the Carvin is a battery-powered PA system and the Fender is not. The PD 150 used to have a battery pack option that was expensive but it has been discontinued. (The cost was around $200 for the battery and the adapter you had to use.)

I have nothing against the PD-150 but, if you need to use the system outdoors without electricity, the Carvin still remains a better deal. (I use mine all the time without AC.)

Michael
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Michael's point is well-taken (and Musician's Friend told me they had discontinued the battery pack option). I just wanted to clarify overall cost comparisons as I checked Carvin and PD-150. The prices on PD-150 and PD-250 seem to have come down considerably. But there are also a fair number of posters who swear by Carvin, and as Michael hints, it may be apples vs. oranges (although to me, it's grapefruit vs. orange as the battery pack wasn't a "deal maker.").
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
All I can say, after having owned an Anchor 130, is that te PD-150 is fantastic. And after having owned the virtual Soundman Icue2, the DLO HomeDock Music Remote and Charging Dock is looking like it's going to solve my immediate needs a lot more directly (with quick hookup and no complications) than the Icue2.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
996 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I'm with Michael too. I used a Carvin Stagemate (along with a big ext speaker) for over a year in Taiwan and it gave me great service, esp outdoors, where I used to do a lot of busking with it to big crowds. It has a very good sound with lots of effects and can take a guitar, keyboard and mics all mixed individually. I used mine and connected it up with a CD player, and mic reciever to great success. The thing I would suggest with the Carvin is that if you wanted to use it with battery power only, then get a second battery fitted.

I sold the Carvin and have been using a Mipro MA-705 for the past 3 years, as I mainly do inside b/day party shows now and the Mipro is much lighter, and simpler to set up for me.

As I've mentioned in another part of the Café, I can get Mipro units cheaper than anywhere directly from the company in Taiwan, and delivered by DHl worldwide. If anyone has any interest or questions then PM me.

Best,

JoJo
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Best source for new PA (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL