The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Fraidy Cat Quality (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I had some ideas for a new Fraidy Cat Rabbit-type prop also. I'd thought if Chance ever decided to build one that I might contact him.

Tod, if you're not happy with the prop I would contact Abbott's. If they don't get complaints they will never improve the prop. They may not even realize there is a problem. Greg is a teriffic guy and I'm sure he will work something out if something is not right.

Regan
Mister Mystery
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7445 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I agree to contact Abbott's. Give them a chance to make it right.

As for the Fraidy Cat Rabbit, the original rights were owned by Gene Gordon. They, along with all his products, were sold to Karl Norman for more than just a couple of nickles. Karl sold them to Excelessoir Magic (Rick Johnson and Phil Whilmarth). Phil still owns all the rights but gave permission to Abbott's ONLY to make the Fraidy Cat Rabbit.

I know because I once asked Phil about making it. He said that he could not give me the right as he gave them exclusive to Abbott's. Any others being made (including MAK) are unauthorized.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Hmmm, I forgot about those rights issues Smile Good point.
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Ok I gota tell ya I like the star dressing room idea. I might play aroundwith that in the future. I remeber Hank Lee had fraidy cat kermit some years ago both henson and willmarth went after that.

z
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7446 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
It sounds like some of you might appreciate this trick:

Hopkins The Well Dressed Hare

Hopkins Dressing Room (tear apart bag)

or this one:

Bling My Bunny - Change Bag Version

Bling My Bunny - Blendo Version

Not quite the same effect, but an updated bunny, and a dressing room door.

Or combine the Bling my Bunny (change bag version) with the Hopkins Dressing Room.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
468 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Our Fraidy Cat Rabbit Outdone sells out with every run we make..we painstakingly handmake every one of them using heavier metal gimmick and it allows you to switch gimmicks...you have option of rabbit, kitty cat, Gospel, Christmas with it as well plus we even offer option of being able to make up your own Fraidy Cat plaque.
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Fast Eddie P.
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
322 Posts

Profile of Fast Eddie P.
Wow, I wish I had seen Rick's post before I ordered one...D'oh!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I must have an older version (purchased it used). It is pretty well made and when I performed kids shows it got used regularly. The frame is the only thing that might need repair. I think it is held together by staples. Someone told me to take it apart and use wood glue.

Out of all my kids effects, I think this has received more laughs from kids as well as adults.
Bagatelli
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of Bagatelli
Hello,
I bought a FCR from Rick Fishers FAB-magic, because this prop is not available here in Germany. It was my first Deal with USA, I got it very fast and I'm happy with this FCR.
I'm a magician from Germany, and after Jears of reading only, I want to introduce myself:
http://www.Zauberer-Bagatelli.de

Greatings from Germany
Bagatelli
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Heres somthing. The ones I have are made with a metal gimmick you could buy some of those magnetic printer sheets and make your own gimmick then make a new fraidy cat panel if you know what I mean:) Could be very easy with a printer and some decent clip art. Ok I will still use the Rabbit as is and always will but you guys got me thinking ( a dangerous thing indeed) Think thoug about rudolf the rednosed reindeer , color changing santas suit he comes into the house through the chimney. Not unlike my good friend herman the fraidy cat rabbit. Hope this is food for thought for you Fraidy cat lovers out there.

Z
Joe Zimmer

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Guten tag, Herr Bagatelli Smile
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Magnetic printer sheet. Now there is a great idea!

And I like the artwork that Sonefelt puts out, ie the Hopkins "Dressing Room Door" that Dunphy posted:

http://www.timsonefelt.com/cgi-bin/magic......essories

Me thinks Soneflet should branch out from silks into other areas Smile

Like starting with new magnetic/stick-on artwork for the Fraidy Cat!
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7445 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
My friend in Buffalo, Gary Para, tipped me to this magnetic sheets long time ago. He did a version of the uncola and coke.

You just have to watch the thicknesss of the material.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Gary is a very clever guy and you can tell him I said so too. Ask him about charlie chicken:P
Joe Zimmer

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
468 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
We use magnetic material in our Fraidy Cat Outdone and works very well!
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
This is a great idea. For certain shows it could be a real kicker. I just realised one of mine actually has a metal incert as well hehehehehe. SO now I am almost willing to play around with some ideas away from the original. This is probably my ALL TIME favorite family effect. Now I have MORE! YAY!

Z
Joe Zimmer

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
I use one of the Older antique versions like that of the one Gene Gordon used. It doesn't rely on pk forces and has no sticker...I like it so much better than the newer versions. If you can find one, I highly reccomend it!
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
I am using and have for many years the same one prchased from gene at the shop on hertle ave in Buffalo. Where exactly did "pk forces " come in?
Joe Zimmer

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
Quote:
On 2008-07-15 21:46, zimsalabim wrote:
I am using and have for many years the same one prchased from gene at the shop on hertle ave in Buffalo. Where exactly did "pk forces " come in?

By Pk, I meant magnetic...if yours is like mine, it works by rotating the door handle which switches a lever to catch and or release the shell...
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7445 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Abbott' s added the pk factor. The original were made for Gene by Karl Norman and had the twist feature.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Fraidy Cat Quality (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL