The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Chevrie Trailer for "the Journey" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5372 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Its up and available at

http://www.kozmomagic.com

thanks
koz
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Thanks Koz!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
645 Posts

Profile of JordanB
The trailer looks fantastic. I've seen Lonnie do this several times and it looks really good.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I just watched the trailer. It has Lonnie performing in a real restaurant for real folks. That is much more difficult to film than folks think. Koz, thanks for going the extra distance to do this for us!

magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
This looks awesome, just might have to get this.
Anyone using this yet?
Thanks
Don
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think the shops are just getting them in from Murphy's. It's under $20 bucks.

jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
What's the differences between this coins across and all the other coins across on the market?
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1795 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2008-07-04 14:05, magicman4646 wrote:
What's the differences between this coins across and all the other coins across on the market?

Nothing earth shaking really. Its just normal, well routined coins across with some added visual aspects. Or actually there is 2 of em. Other with just hands and coins and other with funnel. The trailer shows all the phases of the first routine and its nice to see a trailer that isn't altering the reality with fancy video editing.

Are they worth their own dvd? Well, that's up to everyones personal preference. If you will find something usefull from this, then its a bargain for 20$. But as allready said, if you allready do coins across, I don't think that most will switch their version to these.

Juha-Matti
Chevrie
View Profile
Regular user
West Texas
120 Posts

Profile of Chevrie
"Nothing earth shaking really" ?

I think I just got dissed from Juha-Matti in Finland!

I guess you could call The Journey a normal coins across if by normal you mean, a coin routine that can be performed tableside, or in a strolling situation (no table) or even presented in a stand-up performance.

BTW, I never show this as a "coins across" routine. I tell the audience that the coins are going to vanish from one hand and appear in the other, and I challenge them to watch closely and try to figure out how it happens. After the first coin vanishes from one hand and appears in the other, it is set down (taken out of play). Now, three coins are left and the second coin vanishes from one hand and appears in the other, it is also set down. Two coins left, the third coin visibly vanishes while you challenge the audience to watch even closer. This coin is also set down. The fourth coin seems to vanish from their hand, this coin is also set down. At this point the coins can be handled by the audience.

I think it is important to present The Journey in this manner, rather in the tongue in cheek premise that coins travel up one sleeve go across your shoulders and then down your other sleeve and into your hand. If that is what you are looking for, then The Journey is not for you. But if you want a hard-hitting coin routine that features a series of impossible vanishes and productions and one that can be performed in your hands with a minimum of effort, and if you want a audience-tested coin routine from the current repertoire of a working professional magician, then you should give The Journey a look.

I use this routine all of the time while performing restaurant magic, I always carry it with me in a strolling situation and I recently performed it for the crowd at one of the worlds largest trade shows. This is one of the most versatile and practical coin routines that I have ever seen. Easy to perform with minimum effort and maximum impact. Feel free to pm me or send me an email if you have any specific questions regarding The Journey.

Lonnie Chevrie
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Lonnie, thanks for taking the time to write the desrciption of what happens in The Journey.

When a working professional that has worked for 20 or more years tips a routine that he has performed while getting paid to do so, I make a point to get it, whether it's taught or is a performance piece.

doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1134 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
I have more coins across routines than I can shake a Goshman purse at, but I bought this out of curiosity. Mr. Chevrie's handling of the coins is very natural (this comes across in his style and delivery also). No fast movements or tells, just a very clean handling. This is a classic method, so that won't be a big surprise or what you should fixate on. The routine, however, is very well thought out. Even though he's moving at a relatively even pace, each coin "across" has a bit of surprise to it. As Mr. Chevrie states above, it's not really presented as a coin "flying across" or jumping across - more that the coin vanishes from "here" and reappears "there". I liked this routine. I'm also glad he included the Funneled routine. A cool premise that uses the same coins from the Journey routine. Adding the second routine definitely added value to the DVD and while I'm not a huge fan of one-trick DVDs, these routines are worthy of study.

My two cents - I don't know Mr. Chevrie or anyone associated with the project.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Looks very nice, ordered..
Don
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have the Journey and it lives up to everything Lonnie talked about.

First off, you get two performances. One live in a REAL restaurant ( yep, the 4 audience members are having wine and beer ). The other in the studio for some folks. Take note, Lonnie's patter never changes. Like a true professional, he knows the power of scripting ( get Larry Davidson's Scripted Inasanity DVD's if you want to learn about scripting ).

I like the idea of making the coins vanish one at a time. Some folks shy away from performing coins across routines because they get caught up in too much coin management. Lonnie's rotuine uses basic sleights and the use of the She%& makes it quite easy to perform.

Plus allot of coins across routines are performed as a "ooops you missed it" game. I like Lonnie's approach because it's performed as coins magically vanishing one at a time.

Excellent DVD. I like value as much as anyone, but $20 is too little to charge for quality like this.

bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Let me say this. I've performed professionally since 1980. I've known Lonnie since shortly after that. Every routine he has taught me works and works well in an actual performing environment. He's even taken an interesting but impractical routine I've shown him and turned it into one of the best routines I've used over the years. All of this so you know I do know Lonnie and have for a long time. He did not ask me to write this.

If you want routines you can use now and far into the future with any audience you'll face, pick up everything Lonnie is putting out. You won't be sorry.

~ Dan
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
I received the DVD today. It is a very clean, convincing coin routine with no finger flicking moves. The pacing is casual, and this routine can be learned in a very short time! Also when your finished it is reset and ready to go for the next table.

This one is a worker... Thanks Mr. Chevrie!

sdmagic
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I also got the DVD, and really like it. I got an old gimmick to practice with, I'm still waiting for Lassen to make a new one for me! But this is a very good, clean, easy to follow coin routine. I really liked it.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Title: The Journey by Lonnie Chevrie
Medium: DVD
Arena: Close up coin magic
Available: Any shop, distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies

The Journey is a four coin routine by Lonnie Chevrie that he has done for years working in restaurants and in strolling situations. The basic routine is an in the hands coin across routine that does require a common coin gimmick. The routine is very clean and visual and is as stated, an excellent working routine that is easy to do. I don’t think the routine needs lots of describing but for those who do no coin work at all what you have is four coins in one hand and they travel, one at a time, to the other hand. You can tell when a routine is a working routine or one created just to sell to magicians. There is a second routine which is very similar on the DVD called The Funnel in which the coins travel through a small funnel into the hand. This is a cool routine and also very clean and well structured. The Funnel requires the same gimmick. You would not want to do both these routines at the same performance but either one would make a great addition to the close up workers repertoire, the reset is immediate and the angles are good on both.

The DVD is produced by Kozmo Magic and it is up to their typical high standards. The camera used is top grade and they used the right shots to get across the images you need to see. The sound is great throughout, even the restaurant performance scenes. The DVD is set up in the traditional way, first you see a ‘live’ performance, then a studio performance, and then the explanation. Same set up for both routines. Lonnie does an excellent job with the explanations. He speaks slowly and clearly and goes over every aspect, no hemming and hawing. I really like the old style gambler character Lonnie plays, he has the perfect name for it as well, and he is a calm performer and comes off as very friendly and non aggressive. You’ll have no problems learning both routines from the DVD and you can do it with halfs or silver dollars.

If you are looking for a couple good coin routines you will find it on The Journey. Very nice in quality and in content, another win for Kozmo Magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Chevrie Trailer for "the Journey" (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL