The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Mindblasters ebook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1841 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
REVIEW - MINDBLASTERS BOOK

THIS IS WHAT THE AD SAYS

This fantastic new e-Book features new routines and previously unpublished material from Britain's leading mentalists and magicians.

In all the book features 195 jampacked pages of new routines which are clearly illustrated with photographs and even a bonus video. Foe details please see the table of contents listed below.

THIS IS WHAT I SAY

I just purchased this new ebook from David Penn's site and I have to say this looks to be THE BEST ebook I have purchased ever. I have only had a skim read so far but from what I have read all the routines are solid real world effects. Plus the list of contributors reads like a who's who of the magic world. Look at content listing - can you believe the list of contributors.

Marc Paul
AAA Serial Number Divination / Shuffle Challenge Too

John Archer
Back to the Future

Wayne Dobson
Fluke

Stephen Tucker
58 to 1 / ACAARN

Paul Hallas
Still Battling Along

Christopher Williams
Ungaffed Entourage / Predictext

Abracadaver
Con-Flatulation

Les Johnson
Remote Viewing Magic

Harold Cataquet
The Knight’s Tour / Seeing & Believing

Andy Nicholls
Borderline Location / Out of the Ordinary

Shiv Duggal
A Good Year / Frequency

James Ward
What’s in a Word? / Sentimental Journey

Stephen Jones
1812 / Titanic

Russell Hall
The Blackwood ESP test

Roni Shachnaey
The Inquisition

Lewis Jones
Concord

Scott Creasey
The Eternal Triangle

Barry Cooper
Are you a “real” mentalist? / The ABC of ESP

Al Smith
Tryangle / Friendly Persuasion

Roger Curzon
The Devil Rides Out

Andrew Brown
The Living & the Dead / The Clairvoyant Card

Anthony Brahams
Cabin Book Test

Dominic Twose
Drawing Close

Justin Higham
Double Minded

Mike Hopley
Two-Person Book Test / A Card in Motion

Roger Ferriby
The Ghost of the Ferry Boat Inn

Todd Landman
My Ching

David Britland
Fooler’s Gold – T. A. Waters

Walt Lees
Ring Master

Andi Gladwin
Mentalist’s Luncheon

Chris Hare
Crab

Chris Wardle
P.S.

James Brown
Dark / Caught 3 Times

Olly Crofton
Three Thoughts

Paul Gordon
Twin Peeks / Thought Stealer Rethought

Steve Cook
Balls 2 / Barefaced!

Stephen MacRow
Brain Fry!

Mark Elsdon
Bottle Capped / Best Telephone Trick / Brainwave-2

John Holt
Absolutely Positive

Doug Segal
I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Cluedo

David Penn
Drawing Duplication – A Video Bonus!

I do not think I have seen such an impressive list of contributors in a long time. And from what I have read so far the effects are golden. Some of these effects have been released on their own in the past and now you can get all these and more - I really think this is the bargain of the year. There are a load of unpublished routines and the entire book is put together really well. It is spread over almost 200 pages and the illustrations and photos are great.

Now the best part - the book is priced at just £12.50. The book was sent to me straight after I paypaled the money over to David (great service). For the price I never expected the book to be as in depth as it is but I was pleasantly surprised. The site to go to for more information and to purchase the book is:

http://www.davidpenn.co.uk/tommy.htm

I will put a full review up in the next day or two but I just wanted to give everyone the heads up that this is now available and well worth buying.

10 out of 10 for quality, value for money and effect
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4459 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I have to say congratulations to Peter on a fantastic eBook. I was honoured to be asked to contribute, and have been reading through the effects in amazement in some of the thinking behind others effects.

Available from many places, including http://www.magicman13.co.uk/product_view.php?product_id=8 and http://www.erdnase.plus.com/egm.htm

I agree with Craig, pure value for money!

:)
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I have to say that Peter has OUTDONE himself again!!

I have to congratulate Peter on putting together absolutely fantastic eBook.

There are so many good effects in here that it will take someone a lifetime to master!! WHAT VALUE!!

I will be writing an indepth review in the next day or so but I wanted to say that my intial reaction to this ebook is just incredible.

Available directly from Peter Duffie at: http://www.peterduffie.com

I do agree with Craig and Christopher, excellent value for the money!!
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Thank you for the review, Craig. Also for the comments from Christopher and Slydini62 (I look forward to your in-depth review). This is the most satisfying ebook compilation I have had the pleasure of producing. It's not often that everyone I ask contributes, but, with a couple of exceptions, this is what happened with Mind Blasters. Plus, they gave their "A" material.

Now that the hard work is done and the ebook is out, I am able to relax and actually absorb the material, without the constant need to edit, format and illustrate! It is only now that I am starting to fully appreciate just what a truly wonderful collection this is!

Best Wishes

Peter
Alternative Magic
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18809 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I bought this just a little while ago - I've only just read marc paul's effect and that's worth more than the entire book a few times over anyway...

thank you to everyone involved...i'm looking forward to reading it properly over the weekend...
I've asked to be banned
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3221 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Just got this. Haven’t read it yet, but it is nicely produced and, looking at the list of contributor, I am sure it will be quite good. It is refreshing to find a nice sized mentalism ebook that can be purchased without taking out a mortgage.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6684 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Got it. Some good stuff inside. Two effects, for me anyway, were worth the price of admission.

Great going, guys.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I like it. Right now I'm trying to suss a way to fold an American one dollar bill the way it needs to be without it looking like an origami project. Those of you who have Mindblasters know why.
I wouldn't mind a PM if someone has already figured this out.
Really I wouldn't.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Think I might have it. Still wouldn't mind any advice.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I have only skimmed through the contents but, man, this is good. Dare I say it, might even be better than Miraculous Minds! And I thought that was pretty great!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
abracadaver
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of abracadaver
Hi all, this is my first post within the Café.

I just wanted to open, by saying thanks to Peter for asking me to contribute to the project and I hope that you all enjoy the effects included.

If anyone would like to purchase a copy from me personally you can contact me on info@abracadaver.co.uk where further information and payment instruction can be given.

Hey peter (and other contributors) how about a touring lecture too ?!
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1651 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
It looks like you may have underpriced this, Peter! It's almost as much of a bargain as Switchcraft Smile

Thanks again for the honour of being invited to contribute amongst such distinguished company.

Barry
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
I can't wait to read Peter latest ebook... Smile - Must be a fantastic ebook as recently I am crazy of mental stuffs...

Congratulations Peter for once again, I think this ebook is sure another "winner" after reading the contributors as well as the effect descriptions... Smile

I will post my detail reviews after reading Mind Blasters since I have 2 months break at home... Smile

Best Wishes
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
WOW!

What a bargain this is!

So much for so little, well done everyone!
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1956 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
It was an honour to be a part of it and it shows that the UK is a hive of mentalism!!!!

The Knight's Tour is fabulous, and I really like the non-gimmicked confabulation.

The decentralised sales feature means you can purchase it from any of the controbitors, so pick a buddy!
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1956 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2008-07-03 04:35, abracadaver wrote:
Hi all, this is my first post within the Café.

I just wanted to open, by saying thanks to Peter for asking me to contribute to the project and I hope that you all enjoy the effects included.

If anyone would like to purchase a copy from me personally you can contact me on info@abracadaver.co.uk where further information and payment instruction can be given.

Hey peter (and other contributors) how about a touring lecture too ?!

Your effect is lovely!
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
I'm patiently waiting for this evening. There's nothing on TV tonight and I'm itching to get into this book, but I have work to do this afternoon. Grrr...
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
926 Posts

Profile of muse
I'm not going to fall for all this hype and act without any restraint. But...you know...Lewis Jones...Paul Hallas...£12.50...Peter Duffie...etc...etc...etc...

I'll be thoughtful, take my time to consider and not rush at it...I'll have my fish and chips and then get it after that. Seriously, anything I've had in the past from Peter Duffie has been very well worth the money, and I know any kind of collaboration takes an immense amount of work to put together, so I'm sure a lot of work has gone into this. I'll comment on it after I get it. (That's the ebook I mean, not the fish supper.)
abracadaver
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of abracadaver
Thanks for the very kind words Dr Todd. I'm glad you like it and its quite versatile.
Try spinning it on its head, there may well be another routine hidden within it.

I believe that this ebook has some great gems in it.
I hope that all the contributors get to work together again very soon.
Munskin
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, UK
297 Posts

Profile of Munskin
Quote:
On 2008-07-02 20:25, Greg Arce wrote:
Got it. Some good stuff inside. Two effects, for me anyway, were worth the price of admission.

Great going, guys.

Greg

Greg, I would love to know which two you are referring to Smile

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Mindblasters ebook (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL